Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #41
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston released?????

Wait a minute!

I thought there were a bunch of people here that had the inside scoop on what the team is doing. J/K

None of us has a clue what they are doing or planning to do. Imagine that.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #42
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Was wondering why the board was running so slow. I guess we will be looking at an OT early in the draft now.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #43
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans releasing Eric Winston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
No hes not.
I always thought Winston was a bit over-rated but to just out right cut him is insane.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #44
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
What's more frustrating is that they didn't cut JaGoofy or Captain Hottub first.
This I agree with. You need cap space? That's about 5 mil right there isn't it?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #45
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I always thought Winston was a bit over-rated but to just out right cut him is insane.
This could mean we really are trying to free money up for Mario. This is a good sign. If a couple of more cuts happen soon something big is coming.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #46
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

How moronic... Has he missed a single start? Reliability and leadership should count for something. Who is his backup??
Old 03-12-2012   #47
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

610 AM is going apesh*t right now. That was their boy. They're shocked, stunned and flabbergasted
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012   #48
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 8289 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
How do you know they didn't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
And you know they didn't because.....
Quote:
“I was surprised,” he said. “They told me they were up against it (salary cap), and they didn’t want to insult me by asking me to take a pay cut. They said they hated to do it, and maybe we could work something out, but, well, I’m just stunned. I didn’t want to leave. This just sucks.”
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...-eric-winston/

Quote:
No hes not.
Uh...yes he is?
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #49
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Be prepared!
I agree with this too. No way are they going to eat the contract they just gave him over one play in one game.

Old 03-12-2012   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Holy Crapzola
Way out of left field. We don't even have someone who can take his place, and Bah just used his 2nd round pick on Brandon Thompson
Hopefully the OL will look like this

Brown/ W.Smith/ Myers/ Briesel/ Butler

With a couple of draft picks thrown in.

Winston was very overrated. He seemed to care about his future in broadcasting more than improving his game. In addition to almost getting Schaub killed a couple of games.

The Texans should be able to sign Manning, or re-sign MW.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #51
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Scheduling conflict with Geico?

Best of luck to Eric!
Old 03-12-2012   #52
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I still in shock over this. I really hope he goes to a team I like, like the Cardinals
Old 03-12-2012   #53
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Surprise move for sure, but not shocking. Winston's a good right tackle but he was going to make too much money. What concerns me though that this system demands that your o-line work as a unit. They all have to be on the same page and they all have to know their roles. Inserting a new guy may disrupt that "flow" so I think the Texans have to careful about who they plug in. People will say Schaub should be concerned with this move, but if I'm Arian Foster I'm worried too about who's going to get downfield and make the block on the second level. At this point I think they'll promote someone already with the team to RT simply because that player should be familiar with the scheme. I don't see us drafting a RT high, but won't be surprised if we go after another veteran player like we did with Wade Smith a couple of years ago.
Old 03-12-2012   #54
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't tell me they are doing this to keep Mario
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #55
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

So we release Winston who was a solid starter for us... why haven't we released Jacoby yet?
Old 03-12-2012   #56
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Surprise move for sure, but not shocking. Winston's a good right tackle but he was going to make too much money. What concerns me though that this system demands that your o-line work as a unit. They all have to be on the same page and they all have to know their roles. Inserting a new guy may disrupt that "flow" so I think the Texans have to careful about who they plug in. People will say Schaub should be concerned with this move, but if I'm Arian Foster I'm worried too about who's going to get downfield and make the block on the second level. At this point I think they'll promote someone already with the team to RT simply because that player should be familiar with the scheme. I don't see us drafting a RT high, but won't be surprised if we go after another veteran player like we did with Wade Smith a couple of years ago.
Well if take that line of thinking - good player but not worth what he is about to be paid - to it's next step, can DeMeco be very far behind??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #57
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Who thinks Dreesen is next? I thought he'd for sure be the first big name to drop (outside of Mario)...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #58
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting & eager to see what happens next. Gotta start looking at RTs now.
Old 03-12-2012   #59
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
So we release Winston who was a solid starter for us... why haven't we released Jacoby yet?
How much are you hated when you draw heat after a player that doesnt even play at your position gets the boot?

I almost feel sorry for Jones then I remember that he has a big bag of money he can cry into every night.

Old 03-12-2012   #60
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Well if take that line of thinking - good player but not worth what he is about to be paid - to it's next step, can DeMeco be very far behind??
Certainly not, if we're going strictly by the money. And that would include Jacoby Jones too. If they don't release Jacoby it could also indicate that WR is not going to be a high priority in the draft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read