Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #201
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston released?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I would be surprised if he gets more than $6.5M.

I'd be upset if he goes to Washington & it "appears" Kubiak served Winston up to his daddy with no compensation.
Isn't that tampering?
Old 03-12-2012   #202
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

double post
Old 03-12-2012   #203
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@ericwinston
Unfortunately I have bad news. I will not be able to continue my radio show in Houston, but all you guys can follow me online at whatever radio station I will be on in my next city. You guys are the absolute best, especially the full-time radio guys who worshipped me! Remember: I'm on twitter, and I'll be on another radio station...so it's not the end of the world. I have to go update my blog, so I'll see you guys later...probably in about 10 minutes or so.*
I think he's over the shock of being cut.

*It's a joke. Live it up a little, for crying out loud!
Old 03-12-2012   #204
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would be surprised if he gets more than $6.5M.

I'd be upset if he goes to Washington & it "appears" Kubiak served Winston up to his daddy with no compensation.

I was thinking the exact same landing spot for Winston.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #205
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Josh Innes
Winston being cut has no affect on our Tuesday shows. Will not be getting someone else to fill his spot. From what I've been told we were losing the Winston show anyway. It was a casualty of our new deal with the Texans. We were not going to have a Tuesday player show anyhow.
Old 03-12-2012   #206
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

We better not have made this move in order to satisfy Mario's thirst for money. We've got a new good starter at OLB but we need some depth, we don't have starter quality depth at RT. Winston was very important to Fosters success in the run game but left alot to be desired in the passing game thus the reason many of us suggested moving him to OG. I guess Butler will be penciled in at RT but I think we'll be looking in FA and the draft as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #207
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
The madden curse ain't got nuthin on the wing stop curse. You do commercials for them and your career in Houston will be sleeping with the fishes. Bu bye Winston.
Yeah, but neither of them has HEB beat!

Old 03-12-2012   #208
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Josh Innes
Winston being cut has no affect on our Tuesday shows. Will not be getting someone else to fill his spot. From what I've been told we were losing the Winston show anyway. It was a casualty of our new deal with the Texans. We were not going to have a Tuesday player show anyhow.
If this is real, then I think the Texans are making it clear that distractions such as players having radio shows are a thing of the past.

Smithiak making it clear that fat will be trimmed, lives will be simplified across the board, and the only focus is to win a Super Bowl. Period.
Old 03-12-2012   #209
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yeah, but neither of them has HEB beat!

You win. I forgot about those.
Old 03-12-2012   #210
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If this is real, then I think the Texans are making it clear that distractions such as players having radio shows are a thing of the past.

Smithiak making it clear that fat will be trimmed, lives will be simplified across the board, and the only focus is to win a Super Bowl. Period.
As well they should and it's about damn time!
Old 03-12-2012   #211
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans gave decided to part with Eric Winston, which means that I am crossing my fingers I get the seat on the Wingstop Nickle Hour.

-Fake John McClain (@FakeJohnMcClain)
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #212
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. This came out of left field. With Winston cut it absolutely means we have to resign Myers and Briesel. I can only imagine one other reason for doing so, and that's to sign Mario. I'd rather keep as much of our O-line intact than re-signing a defensive player we don't need though (even though he's a damn good one).

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #213
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
The Texans gave decided to part with Eric Winston, which means that I am crossing my fingers I get the seat on the Wingstop Nickle Hour.

MSR.

Geez, it's been a rough week for John around here.
Old 03-12-2012   #214
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know offensive linemen are supposed to be round, but I thought he was out of shape this year & he didn't appear to get down the field like he used to.
Do you think Butler is in better shape?

Quote:
What are you talking about? The Texans like to have players on the airwaves and the tube. It's good exposure for the team. I'm pretty sure it's part of KILT's contract with the Texans to have a certain amount of time alloted during the week with the players and the coach. Winston's show was on his off day (Tuesday), anyway.

Seriously, you guys are reading too much into this. Keep it simple. Follow the money.
Old 03-12-2012   #215
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
MSR.

Geez, it's been a rough week for John around here.
Deservedly so, he has been exposed over the last 2-3 years as a know-nothing hack when it comes to the NFL. His days of being an "insider" with the Oilers are long gone, and now he is literally a mouthpiece of misinformation for the Texans. He thinks he's got his finger on the pulse, but he's so in the dark it's laughable. And the fact he's so pompous and petulant about it makes it even worse. There is an actual inverse relationship with what John McClain says and what the truth is or what is going to happen. I can't help but think that behind closed doors, the front office (and even the players) piss themselves laughing at how bamboozled Pancakes is. It is just sad.
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #216
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Seriously, you guys are reading too much into this. Keep it simple. Follow the money.
This.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #217
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post

That's hilarious.
Old 03-12-2012   #218
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you think Butler is in better shape?
He should be. Usually guys who spend a significant time rehabbing from a sports injury come back in pretty good shape because they are generally forced by trainers to work on all core groups (especially if it's not a lower body injury). I've done it and came out in better physical shape because of it.

That's not to say, however, that Butler will be in football form, right now. But then again, by the time OTAs start most players aren't and they have to condition by getting in there and actually doing it. So, I suspect Butler will be fine going into training camp and come out ready to play ball.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #219
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
I'm not saying he was axed purely because of his radio gig. I'm saying that whether he was cut or not, it looks like the Texans chose to NOT have a player be on that radio show anymore.

Connect this with how there's been criticism for Winston's full-on embrace of the radio show, Winston being cut, and it is possible that players are being sent a subtle signal that if you talk the talk, you better damn sure walk the walk.

He wasn't cut because of his radio gig. He was cut for dollar reasons, but I think with the exit of Winston also comes the curtain falling upon the temptation of any Texans player to risk getting their hopes up for local stardom and fanfare on the air waves.

If I'm a Texans player watching all this go down, I'm thinking twice about penciling in ANY commitments unless it's necessary from a Texans P.R. standpoint. Again, just thinking out loud on this (I tend to do that).
Old 03-12-2012   #220
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not saying he was axed purely because of his radio gig. I'm saying that whether he was cut or not, it looks like the Texans chose to NOT have a player be on that radio show anymore.

Connect this with how there's been criticism for Winston's full-on embrace of the radio show, Winston being cut, and it is possible that players are being sent a subtle signal that if you talk the talk, you better damn sure walk the walk.

He wasn't cut because of his radio gig. He was cut for dollar reasons, but I think with the exit of Winston also comes the curtain falling upon the temptation of any Texans player to risk getting their hopes up for local stardom and fanfare on the air waves.

If I'm a Texans player watching all this go down, I'm thinking twice about penciling in ANY commitments unless it's necessary from a Texans P.R. standpoint. Again, just thinking out loud on this (I tend to do that).
Pollard did a lot of radio also .

The 49ers of the 80's would pay you well but once you didn't earn it anymore , you were cut or traded .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read