Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Eric Winston released?????

Eric Winston ‏ @ericwinston

Unfortunately I have bad news. The Texans have decided to release me today. Although it is a surprise, I have nothing but positive memories
Old 03-12-2012   #2
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans releasing Eric Winston?

via his twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/ericwinston

"Unfortunately I have bad news. The Texans have decided to release me today. Although it is a surprise, I have nothing but positive memories"

"And great relationships that I have built over the years. While my future seems uncertain, I am confident I will land on my feet."

"Let me say thank you to Mr. McNair and the whole Texan organization. They have had big role in the player and person I have become."

"And last but not least to my fans and teammates. You guys are the absolute best! I will miss all of you more than you know."

Wow i am absolutely shocked
Naiirb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston released?????

Family, Rick Smith ain't playing!

Old 03-12-2012   #4
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans releasing Eric Winston?

Its on PFT now...

Wow this is shocking, we could potentially have the center up to the right tackle with 3 new starters next year
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #5
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I like Winston and what he's meant to the franchise I think we can improve at the position. And if it's a little cheaper to do it then he has to go. Guys in the league understand that at the end of the day its a business. Or at least that's what it should be.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #6
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Linkage:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nston/#respond

Quote:
Eric Winston is on the way out in Houston.

Winston, an offensive tackle who has started all 16 games for five straight seasons, wrote on Twitter on Monday evening that the Texans informed him they’re letting him go.

We noted a week ago that Winston’s $5.5 million base salary made him a candidate to be asked to take a pay cut or restructure his contract, but the Texans’ decision to release him today still comes as a surprise. It was also clearly a surprise to Winston.

“Unfortunately I have bad news,” Winston wrote. “The Texans have decided to release me today. Although it is a surprise, I have nothing but positive memories and great relationships that I have built over the years. While my future seems uncertain, I am confident I will land on my feet. Let me say thank you to Mr. McNair and the whole Texan organization. They have had big role in the player and person I have become. And last but not least to my fans and teammates. You guys are the absolute best! I will miss all of you more than you know.”

Now Winston becomes an unrestricted free agent, joining Levi Brown as the second starting offensive tackle to join the free agent market today.
Old 03-12-2012   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

didn't see that coming
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

No way... the dude was overrated by many, but he was a solid, solid starter for this team at RT.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #9
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post

the center up to the right tackle with 3 new starters next year
Could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that one of the reasons we'll be replacing our RT is to sure up the center, guard position...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow... We better hang on to Myers AND Brisiel now! Holy crap...
Old 03-12-2012   #11
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

That freaking blows.

Due 5.5 million the next 2 years, guess it was too much.
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
didn't see that coming
My thought exactly!!

So much for my hopes for keeping the O-line totally intact

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #13
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm...
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #14
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Yeah, that's a great pitch for Manning. Come here Peyton! We promise to replace our Center, RG and RT this offseason with great guys to protect your neck!!!
Old 03-12-2012   #16
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Wow... We better hang on to Myers AND Brisiel now! Holy crap...
Otherwise our playoff life was short lived. AH NO WE SUCK AGAIN!
srrono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #17
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

I lol'd. LOUD. Hahahaha awesome stuff.
Old 03-12-2012   #18
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

If Mike and Chris aren't resigned tomorrow afternoon this is going to be a royal failboat.
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #19
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Holy Crapzola
Way out of left field. We don't even have someone who can take his place, and Bah just used his 2nd round pick on Brandon Thompson
Old 03-12-2012   #20
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain just tweeted that he's shocked about Winston...... What!?!? Did his oh so reliable sources fail him? But he knows EVERYTHING about the operations of the Texans right?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read