Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: How effective do you expect Peyton Manning to be?
MVP 1 4.00%
Top 5 QB 6 24.00%
Top third QB 9 36.00%
Mid third QB 1 4.00%
Bottom third QB 2 8.00%
Will miss significant part of the season 2 8.00%
Will not play again 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2012   #1
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How effective will Peyton Manning be?

Just curious what level folks see Manning reaching this year...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: How effective will Peyton Manning be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Just curious what level folks see Manning reaching this year...
If he stays in the AFC South, I don't think he's going to be very effective at all. I'm sure we've got a few studs on our roster who believe there is some unfinished business with Mr. Manning.

Old 03-12-2012   #3
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly the Peyton Manning used to know is done. I am usually and optimist, but I don't think he is going to be able to throw the ball effectively. The league is better with him in it...however I don't think his body is up to the task.

People can will themselves through all sorts of injuries. Peyton can't will his nerve to regenerate.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on how healthy he'll be ? He's had what, 3 or 4 neck surgeries, well it seems very uncertain to me about his ability to avoid another injury ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

MVP

Why won't this software allow MVP to be all caps by itself?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

would it not depend on what team he is playing for?
Old 03-12-2012   #7
Ruinondd
Veteran

Rep Power: 1260 Ruinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Exactly the point for me. What kind of WR's and TE's will he have? Running game ? Will he have a good oline or one that lets pressure reach him a lot? As good as he is, what kind of season he can have depends on the players around him as much as how well he has recovered.
Ruinondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Sure, but I have to assume he'll choose his best chance for a SB. And if he takes a team to SB, he's MVP.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #9
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

How he responds to physical contact is more detrimental to his success IMO than the team he plays on. He could be done after the first hit and no one will know until he steps onto the field
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked bottom 3rd. I think the guy is done....period. He's used to the system that he's been in for over a decade. There is no way he's going to teach the entire team that system, with all of the signals at the line, and still be the same as he was in Indy. Something like that takes time.

He's going to get killed if he plays this season. He'd be smarter to hang em' up and still be able to play with his kids. JMHO.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I just dont know how to answer this one .....

On one hand , Pey_Me_A_Ton is one of the best QB's in the history of the league. 90% of Manning is probably better than the majority of NFL QB's being 100%.

I just dont know if he's healthy or how much physical punishment he can take. One hit could fo more than end his football career after multiple neck surgeries.

If he's 90-95% of the QB he was before the injury , he's a top 5 QB. If not , he oughta hang it up.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #12
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

I said bottom third. Of course we have no idea where he's going to go right now and that has to have some bearing on it. He could come out firing on all cylinders for a couple games and then take a big hit and have his career over just like that.

No matter what the guy says and how much he wants to will himself to be good again he'll still have the nagging thought in his head that the next hit could be the last of his career. Those type of thoughts can lead you to over think things a bit. Get rid of the ball faster than he should, get in a fetal position before he normally would.

Who knows? Whoever wants to pay the money are the ones who have to deal with it.
Old 03-14-2012   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted top 3rd but this is obviously heavily dependent on what team and system he goes to and the talent level around him.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

neck is healed. the only question is nerve damage - and his strength is already past chad pennington. given that he's taken a 2 win team to a point that they're trying to avoid going undefeated ... i think he might be pretty good on a team that doesnt suck.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read