Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-11-2012   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2012 Pro Day Discussion

I figured we could use a thread for just noting interesting players/performances for players. I did not want to start a thread for just one guy, a thread that would probably not garner much discussion.

Josh Chichester for Louisville was measured at 6'8" and 245 lbs, and then he recorded a 38" vertical and a 4.55 40. Guy is worth a look in the 7th as a red zone threat guy.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Pro Day Discussion

Brandon Brooks out of Miami of Ohio had an impressive Pro Day.

Quote:
Senior guard Brandon Brooks was the main focus of Pro Day, as he is projected as a middle-round draft pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. Brooks completed 36 reps on the bench press and had a vertical leap of 32 inches. He also clocked a sub-five second 40-yard dash.
How does this guy slip through the cracks and not get a combine invite? Odd.

Old 03-11-2012   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

It is strange. He had a pretty good showing at one of the all star games. Not a fit for the Texans IMO, but he should be a second day pick.
Old 03-11-2012   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:

2.45) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan - - Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami-Ohio
SteelB took him in the second for the Cowboys
Old 03-11-2012   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeremy Ebert out of Northwestern had a very solid Pro Day.

Quote:
Wide receiver Jeremy Ebert, who was not invited to the combine, worked out as if he should have been. Ebert ran a 4.38-second 40-yard dash, bench pressed 225 pounds 16 times and looked smooth in his route running and receiving.
Ebert had over 1000 yards receiving and 11 TDs in the Big 10. Decent size, too (6'0" 195 lbs). I realize that the WR crop is deep this year, but you would have thought he would warrant a combine invitation.

Old 03-11-2012   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
2.45) Dallas Cowboys - SteelBTexan - - Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami-Ohio
SteelB took him in the second for the Cowboys
Yep,

He's a monster.

He fits any scheme although Brooks weighs 346 Lbs. He ran a 4.98 40, a a 4.58 short shuttle, a 7.42 3 cone drill. Those numbers say that he has the quickness/speed to get to the 2nd level. BTW he also BP 225 Lbs 36 times at his pro day.

I'm hoping the Texans draft him in the 2nd rd. Although Brooks has Steelers written all over him.

A Steelers OL coach worked Brooks out and Brooks hand punch was so strong he knocked the coach on his but during the bag drills. This tells me he has functional football strength in addition to the numbers he put up.

I've got a couple of other guys (sleepers) that I really like. I will talk about them after the TT mock draft.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jeremy Ebert out of Northwestern had a very solid Pro Day.

Ebert had over 1000 yards receiving and 11 TDs in the Big 10. Decent size, too (6'0" 195 lbs). I realize that the WR crop is deep this year, but you would have thought he would warrant a combine invitation.

I really like Ebert, he and Danny Coale would be my 4/5th rd pick. They both know how to get open and can handle KR/PR duties. I didn't realize Ebert was that fast. He was super productive at Northwestern. (You know he's smart. LOL)
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2012   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

I need to get some film on this guy!

http://nflmocks.com/2012/03/08/small...es-at-pro-day/
Old 03-11-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I really like Ebert, he and Danny Coale would be my 4/5th rd pick. They both know how to get open and can handle KR/PR duties. I didn't realize Ebert was that fast. He was super productive at Northwestern. (You know he's smart. LOL)
Guess I'll have to spend more time watching film now.

Why do you have just a 4th round grade on him?

You don't think he can be a starter?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post

I read that a couple days ago, but had no luck finding anything on him.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I read that a couple days ago, but had no luck finding anything on him.
I know. I am usually pretty lucky/good about finding at least some game tape on these small school guys, but no luck here. I hate ranking guys off of just stats and hearsay, but this guy sounds like a legit talent.
Old 03-11-2012   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Guess I'll have to spend more time watching film now.

Why do you have just a 4th round grade on him?

You don't think he can be a starter?
Slot guy, I dont rate slot Wr's above 3/4th rd grade especially in this draft.

I really want a CB in Rd. 1/2. (Josh Robinson check out his tape)
Old 03-11-2012   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post

Sounds intriging
Old 03-17-2012   #14
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't see this posted anywhere but it's an old article from March 7th about the Texans at A&M's Pro Day checking out Randy Bullock the kicker. http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...xas-am-kicker/

I'm just wondering if this means they don't have the money to resign Rackers. They've already lost Mario, Brisiel, Winston, Vickers, and probably Dreessen and potentially will not be able to sign any other teams FA's. So that leaves the draft to fill all the holes, and it seems they're getting more and more holes to fill every day.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read