Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jets extend Sanchez

badboy

Hall of Fame
Per Adam Schefter New York Jets extend QB Sanchez probably eliminating team interest in Manning.

Per Adam Schefter New York Jets extend QB Sanchez probably eliminating team interest in Manning.
So Peyton told the Jets, "Fat chance". OK. But anchoring the franchise to Sanchez is just knee jerk. They should have gone looking for competition for him. Wrong move.

Sanchize sucks. These numbers are crazy..

Sanchez, who had two years remaining on his rookie contract, received $20.5 million in guaranteed money, according to a source. It means he's all but certain to be the starter for at least two more seasons. He had no guaranteed money remaining in his old contract.

The contract also includes $40.5 million in new money, bringing the five-year total to $58.25 million -- plus an additional $10 million in escalators.

The $58.25 million gives Sanchez the seventh-highest financial package among NFL quarterbacks, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversa...-mark-sanchez-deal-end-pursuit-peyton-manning

mark-sanchez-gq2.jpg

So Peyton told the Jets, "Fat chance". OK. But anchoring the franchise to Sanchez is just knee jerk. They should have gone looking for competition for him. Wrong move.

Well at least we don't have to worry about studying game tape of the Jets in preparation for the playoffs this year. Or any of the next 3 years for that matter.

Bad more by Rex, it'll likely cost him the job is Sanchez sucks yet another season.

I'l glad, I hate the F** ******.. :)

Typical knee-jerk overreaction by the FO because they were trying to bring in someone better than Sanchez and failed. I'll never understand why teams do this.

I like to see other teams shooting themselves in the foot like this. :D

EDiT: On second thought, I think I'm off base hear. This looks to be as much a restructuring as a commitment. Added cap room, added only one more year for Jets to keep Sanchez, went from $17+ to $20+ million.

Last edited:
five-year total to $58.25 million

That's really not too bad of a deal for him. About 11 million a year puts him below guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Carson Palmer (lol), Vick, and Stafford.

It puts him on par cap wise with guys like Rodgers (underpaid), Matt Ryan, Cutler and Fitzpatrick.

I know he's not a great QB, and really isn't a true franchise QB, but they don't really have much other choice. Rex has to win with Mark this year to stay in good graces with the organization. QBs just cost a lot more than they used to, I would expect Schaub to get a deal worth about 10 a year if he plays well this year.

Back