Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-30-2012   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow Texans mock draft Game?

I was thinking about maybe having a competition type of mock draft process with 3-5 teams consisting of 3-4 members...

Some Rules I thought of:

-Each team can only propose a max of one trade in their draft.

-Team members cannot discuss picks that have not been made or collaborate on picks. Each member must make their pick(s) by themselves according to the Texans needs and the picks their teammates may have picked before them.

-The only things that can be discussed by the entire group is the one trade that you are allowed and how you will allot the picks; ex: Some teams may decide that one person picks offense and will have the first two picks...next person picks defense with the next three picks...the next person picks BPA with what's left...But no discussing of actual prospects. That decision must be made by the individual

-Maybe we can have a 6-12 hr window for each team to complete their drafts. If a team member is not picking fast enough each team can decide how they want to handle that.

-A different thread for each team to list their picks in (No peeking in another teams thread if you are a participant)...Of course we would have to abide by the honor system
At the end of the process make a thread with a vote open to the board on each of the mocks that were put together by the different teams. Votes will be based on the perceived value of players selected, reaches/unrealistic selections, filling of needs...ect....

Winner gets congratulations and rep points ....

If anyone wants to even do this and help set it up chime in...Any rules or stipulations you want to add or subtract feel free...

Just wanted to bring some kind of competition aspect to the mocking process and make it Texans specific...Whaddya think? Feel free to chime in...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #2
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans mock draft Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I was thinking about maybe having a competition type of mock draft process with 3-5 teams consisting of 3-4 members...

Some Rules I thought of:

-Each team can only propose a max of one trade in their draft.

-Team members cannot discuss picks that have not been made or collaborate on picks. Each member must make their pick(s) by themselves according to the Texans needs and the picks their teammates may have picked before them.

-The only things that can be discussed by the entire group is the one trade that you are allowed and how you will allot the picks; ex: Some teams may decide that one person picks offense and will have the first two picks...next person picks defense with the next three picks...the next person picks BPA with what's left...But no discussing of actual prospects. That decision must be made by the individual

-Maybe we can have a 6-12 hr window for each team to complete their drafts. If a team member is not picking fast enough each team can decide how they want to handle that.

-A different thread for each team to list their picks in (No peeking in another teams thread if you are a participant)...Of course we would have to abide by the honor system
At the end of the process make a thread with a vote open to the board on each of the mocks that were put together by the different teams. Votes will be based on the perceived value of players selected, reaches/unrealistic selections, filling of needs...ect....

Winner gets congratulations and rep points ....

If anyone wants to even do this and help set it up chime in...Any rules or stipulations you want to add or subtract feel free...

Just wanted to bring some kind of competition aspect to the mocking process and make it Texans specific...Whaddya think? Feel free to chime in...
This is a great idea

It should help shorten the draft process so that we can finish an entire 7 rd mock.

Want to be on my team? LOL

I do think there needs to be a team captain who discusses the pick with the team member who's going to make the pick. The back and forth draft banter is what I enjoy. Plus if a team member doesn't make his pick the team captain can make the pick for his team.

There should be a 1 hr (Hr 5-6) window between the time the team member makes the pick (heard from) and the team captain makes the pick for said team member.

Does this sound like a good way to do the selections?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans mock draft Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This is a great idea

It should help shorten the draft process so that we can finish an entire 7 rd mock.

Want to be on my team? LOL

I do think there needs to be a team captain who discusses the pick with the team member who's going to make the pick. The back and forth draft banter is what I enjoy. Plus if a team member doesn't make his pick the team captain can make the pick for his team.

There should be a 1 hr (Hr 5-6) window between the time the team member makes the pick (heard from) and the team captain makes the pick for said team member.

Does this sound like a good way to do the selections?

Sounds good to me...

How do you think the teams should be picked?

Team captains?

Just making cobbling together teams?

Randomly?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read