Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2012   #101
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brett Hartmann suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Really?? And I'm not trying to be offensive here. Are we really concerned whether or not we'll get a punter back???
Um, he DID have a cannon for a leg, I doubt people are overly depressed about this LOL, but he was a VERY good punter. Not to mention his ability to nail it in the endzone on kickoffs with ease.
Old 09-24-2012   #102
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really?? And I'm not trying to be offensive here. Are we really concerned whether or not we'll get a punter back???
Maybe I'm missing something because I didn't read the whole thread, but were people really thinking we were gonna bring him back?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #103
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Maybe I'm missing something because I didn't read the whole thread, but were people really thinking we were gonna bring him back?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #104
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not coming back?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #105
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was a little seeing as how we cant get a kickoff into the endzone consistently
Old 09-24-2012   #106
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Yes
Jones would have had to have been terrible, which he hasn't been. Graham hasn't been great on kickoffs, but he's not hurting the team on them either. We're kicking and punting situations are fine. Unless Hartmann can return kicks and punts he won't have a shot at being on this roster until next year.
Old 09-24-2012   #107
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
He's not coming back?
Yes, he was released during the pre season

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2012   #108
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I expected him back after his suspension. Marciano said he's the best KO man he's ever seen at the end of the preseason.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #109
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jones would have had to have been terrible, which he hasn't been. Graham hasn't been great on kickoffs, but he's not hurting the team on them either. We're kicking and punting situations are fine. Unless Hartmann can return kicks and punts he won't have a shot at being on this roster until next year.
You asked. I gave the obvious answer. I still think Hartmann is a better punter; regardless of how good Jones has been. We should have the best available player that we can afford on the roster. His kickoff's thru the back of the endzone helps hide deficiencies in coverage.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-24-2012   #110
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. Who cares. Jones has been fine. Cut Hartmann.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #111
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You asked. I gave the obvious answer. I still think Hartmann is a better punter; regardless of how good Jones has been. We should have the best available player that we can afford on the roster. His kickoff's thru the back of the endzone helps hide deficiencies in coverage.
You also have to remember he's coming off of a major knee injury so no one has any idea what kind of punter he is right now. I trust the FO to make the best decision possible for this team, and if that's Jones then I'm sure they feel like he's better right now.
Old 09-24-2012   #112
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
You also have to remember he's coming off of a major knee injury so no one has any idea what kind of punter he is right now. I trust the FO to make the best decision possible for this team, and if that's Jones then I'm sure they feel like he's better right now.
It was a torn ACL. If he were punting rugby style I'd be concerned.

Wasn't he one the preseason roster? I have no doubt he'd be our P in not for this ADHD situation. Regardless he won't be on our roster anytime soon.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2012   #113
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

16-0, just became more challenging.
Old 09-24-2012   #114
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It was a torn ACL. If he were punting rugby style I'd be concerned.

Wasn't he one the preseason roster? I have no doubt he'd be our P in not for this ADHD situation. Regardless he won't be on our roster anytime soon.
An ACL tear is a major injury so I have my doubts he would have been 100 percent back to his old self so soon and been our punter to start the season. Jones would have been brought in anyway so the best man would have won the job. If I'm not mistaken Hartmann could have punted in the preseason some, but wasn't healthy enough to do so. The team made a decision and so far I'm satisfied with the results. He was decent last year, but he wasn't all world. I doubt he would have had any noticeable effect on the games if he was playing.

Last edited by Texn4life; 09-25-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old 09-24-2012   #115
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 358 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Umm.. joke all you want, but punter is a very important position to a team as well. Lest you forget the end of the Matt Turk era... *shudders*
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #116
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vupac1 View Post
Umm.. joke all you want, but punter is a very important position to a team as well. Lest you forget the end of the Matt Turk era... *shudders*
He's a great holder on Extra Points and Field Goals?

I think we may have just seen the end of a good Punter tbh, Jones is ok but he isn't a revelation in the field position game, then again, we aren't going to be that reliant on field position given how dominant we look on both sides of the ball.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #117
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of whether we're reliant on it or not, field position wins games. It IS important. I'd be clamoring for him to be coming back ASAP but Jones has been pretty good so far.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #118
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
An ACL tear is a major injury so I have my doubts he would have been 100 percent back to his old self so soon and been our punter to start the season. Jones would have been brought in anyway so the best man would have won the job. If I'm not mistaken Hartmann could have punted in the preseason some, but wasn't healthy enough to do so. The team made a decision and so far I'm satisfied with the results. He was decent last year, but he wasn't all world. I doubt he would have had any noticeable effect on the games if he was playing.
It's a major injury for a RB yes. I tore my ACL and meniscus, had surgery in September, and I'm fine...and I don't have a professional medical staff like he would have. Then again I'm only the victim of a jogging accident but still this wasn't a MacGhee type tear.

Quote:
Old 09-25-2012   #119
plee1024
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 plee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respectedplee1024 is a quality contributor and well respected

You probably can't be cut while on suspension/injury so he'll probably just go IR the rest of the year...
plee1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #120
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by plee1024 View Post
You probably can't be cut while on suspension/injury so he'll probably just go IR the rest of the year...
HE IS ALREADY A FREE AGENT NOW. He was released by the Texans on August 27 prior to the beginning of the season.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read