Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #141
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson restructures contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well, apparently there's another blog/Q&A session that John McClain is a part of with the Chronicle. Link here, but I posted the "meat" of the session below:

What about the report by Lewis "Sausage Fingers" Malone that Golden Corral will unveil chicken-fried corn on the cob in April?

John McClain: What do I think about it? Totally bogus. It's still in the trial phase, and won't be ready to roll out to customers until May at the earliest.

How do you know?

McClain: Because I'm on the Trial Committee. Duh. Next question.

Would you ever contemplate actually eating Lewis' fingers if you and Lewis were trapped on a deserted island and had nothing to eat?

McCLain: Ah, a trick question! Depends on if we had any syrup or not.

Is it true you make your own syrup, John, and if so...how?

McClain: Nice try, Lewis. You're not getting my syrup recipe you bastard.

Gravy. Your thoughts?

McClain: Should be part of the food pyramid, no doubt about it. Cream gravy, brown gravy, turkey gravy, gravy with bits of crumbled sausage in it, how can it not be in the food pyramid?

The new Nacho-flavored Doritos taco shell at Taco Bell, will it have staying power?

McClain: Hard to say. Does it have the same consistency as a Nacho Doritos chip or is it just a regular shell with some Nacho Dorito flavor sprayed onto it? Call me skeptical, but I've seen some real doozies in my day when it comes to food fads. I'll need a 10-pack before I can reach a verdict, obviously.
LMFAO....this made me chuckle nicely this morning! Much needed

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #142
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
The fact that people are discussing "McLame", "McFat", "McIrrelevant" is a amazing to me. The next time he's right about something will be the first time.
From everything I've heard, he was instrumental in getting Warren Moon into the hall of fame. For that, I will always respect the man.
Old 03-12-2012   #143
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
But different people will come to different conclusions as to who really knows the skinny and who doesn't.

One thing I've learned about rumors, the ones that are talking, don't know . . . and the ones who know . . . ain't talking.
True story...

I bumped into Charles Woodson when he was a touted free agent in 2006. He was here in Houston. I, of course, was HAPPY to see him here as I thought it meant he was potentially signing with us. Well... after a while, I finally asked him... who are you signing with? He said Tampa Bay. I repeated myself to him as I always do. He confirmed a few times. *Tampa Bay*. I went and posted this info on a message board that I used to frequent. ****er signed with Green Bay a few days later. Out came the Deaf jokes and I was mocked... but I maintain to this day... he said Tampa Bay. He purposely deceived me or was simply leaning the most towards Tampa Bay.

Moral is? If there's no ink on the contract... it ain't so.

So yeah... I'm with you... the ones who know ain't talking.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #144
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
D

True story...

I bumped into Charles Woodson when he was a touted free agent in 2006. He was here in Houston. I, of course, was HAPPY to see him here as I thought it meant he was potentially signing with us. Well... after a while, I finally asked him... who are you signing with? He said Tampa Bay. I repeated myself to him as I always do. He confirmed a few times. *Tampa Bay*. I went and posted this info on a message board that I used to frequent. ****er signed with Green Bay a few days later. Out came the Deaf jokes and I was mocked... but I maintain to this day... he said Tampa Bay. He purposely deceived me or was simply leaning the most towards Tampa Bay.

maybe he meant to say Green Bay?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #145
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Nope. I remain firm that he said Tampa. Like I said, it's why the Deaf jokes poured out. At the time, in the papers, rumors were swirling that he was going to sign with Tampa Bay.
Old 03-12-2012   #146
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
D

True story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Good story, Nitro!

I think he was deceiving you...in case you were somehow able to leak the info to the media. He should have not said anything at all, IMO, to be smart and not risk the news getting out and it causing a problem with Tampa Bay OR Green Bay.

Thanks for sharing the story, though. That was cool.
Old 03-12-2012   #147
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
D

True story...

lmao...... PRICELESS....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Good story, Nitro!

I think he was deceiving you...in case you were somehow able to leak the info to the media. He should have not said anything at all, IMO, to be smart and not risk the news getting out and it causing a problem with Tampa Bay OR Green Bay.

Thanks for sharing the story, though. That was cool.
Why would he want to deceive him? Why wouldn't he want it out in the media? That's how these contracts are negotiated.

"Hey, I heard this guy in Texas say he's signing with Tampa Bay."

Ted Thompson, "Well hell, tell him we'll guarantee more money."

It could happen.
Old 03-12-2012   #148
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
lmao...... PRICELESS....

Why would he want to deceive him? Why wouldn't he want it out in the media? That's how these contracts are negotiated.

"Hey, I heard this guy in Texas say he's signing with Tampa Bay."

Ted Thompson, "Well hell, tell him we'll guarantee more money."

It could happen.
If you had to ask me... I think Woodson himself believed he was going to Tampa Bay. If the ink ain't dry...
Old 03-12-2012   #149
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

@MarkBermanFox26: The Texans reworked contract of receiver Andre Johnson for the 2012 season. His $7.5 million salary now guaranteed, which creates cap space.

John McClain LOST.
Old 03-12-2012   #150
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL: Texans saved $5.2 million on Andre Johnson restructure. And I have to give credit to Jason La Canfora for being first on that one.

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #151
tak3ov3r
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 tak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respectedtak3ov3r is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain‏@McClain_on_NFLReply

Texans saved $5.2 million on Andre Johnson restructure. And I have to give credit to Jason La Canfora for being first on that one.

LoLol
tak3ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #152
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL: Texans saved $5.2 million on Andre Johnson restructure. And I have to give credit to Jason La Canfora for being first on that one.

Saw this on Clutchfans

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #153
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post

On 610 radio McClain said it saved 6.5 million! Freakin Pancakes
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #154
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG someone please tell me they just heard the "only a fantasy football player" caller on 610 suggesting we just "cut Andre Johnson".

I almost chocked ...
Old 09-02-2014   #155
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I'm dusting off this old thread, because the most recent Andre thread was closed. This came from the Jj Watt thread, but I didn't really think it belonged there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I do as well. However, some are suggesting, that McNair will block his football people from making decisions to improve the team due to his loyalty towards AJ... There will come a time- perhaps not 2015 or even 2016, when it is in the best interest for the Texans to get rid of AJ.
I don't know about that. There may be a time where it's in the best interest of the team to ask Aj to take a pay cut. Then it's up to him to put his money where his mouth is with all the "I want to retire a Texans" talk that is.

His most recent performance shows that he's still one of the better receivers in the league & it's no crime to pay him like it.

I don't agree with his $14M cap number, I'd have extended his contract this season (like he wanted) to get both his salaries & cap number down. The only reason I see that not happening, is that he wanted to continue to be one of the highest paid receivers in the league.

In that case, if I were Rick Smith, or Bob McNair I'd tell him he's got two choices..... play out his contract.... actually, that's only one choice. If he wants his contract redone, it's going to be for less money.
Old 09-02-2014   #156
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure that David Carr taught Bob McNair a pretty painful lesson on getting carried away with this thing called 'loyalty'.

There is no room for loyalty in the NFL anymore. It may have existed before free-agency, but now, you put the best 53 out there, no matter what. Sentimentalists can go sit in the stands.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014   #157
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that David Carr taught Bob McNair a pretty painful lesson on getting carried away with this thing called 'loyalty'.

There is no room for loyalty in the NFL anymore. It may have existed before free-agency, but now, you put the best 53 out there, no matter what. Sentimentalists can go sit in the stands.
Epic bust, possible HOFer - yup, pretty much the same thing.
Old 09-02-2014   #158
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
McNair's got one of the highest valued sport franchises in the world... how in the heck did David Carr teach him a lesson?

If anyone got hurt on the deal, it was Kubiak. He pretty much wasted a year of his coaching career.

Then again, he probably would have taken Lienart #1 overall... or Clemmons in the second. Pretty much a lose-lose situation when Cutler is the only QB from that class that's starting.
Old 09-02-2014   #159
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Epic bust, possible HOFer - yup, pretty much the same thing.
You're right, it's the same thing. If you're running a football team correctly, you don't dwell on "what you did in the past", it's "what have done for me lately?". And if what you've done for me lately, isn't worth the money I'm paying you, then take a pay cut, or get cut." It's that simple.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014   #160
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The unfortunate lesson that David Carr taught Bob McNair is David Carr scared Bob McNair away from drafting Blake Bortles.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read