Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2012   #101
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson restructures contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You have it backwards as usual.
Who are you to say who has it backwards??
Old 03-08-2012   #102
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Was right about their UFA statuses though, yea
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #103
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by skenney_11 View Post
I hope they do. I believe Mario will sign back to win, not for the money.
You just keep on believing that.

LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #104
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

LOL
If that happens I'll be poppin champagne like I won a championship game!
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #105
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL
Agent Kennard McGuire and Texans say Andre Johnson hasn't redone deal to free up cap dollars. I could see it done before Tuesday deadline.
Wait what happened to that list of reasons why its not true starting with his "1) Can't restructure twice in a fiscal year". Before Tuesday, wouldn't that still be in the same fiscal year Mr. McClain? What a boob, time to dust off one of my old John McClain jokes...

I love it when he talks about his movie career whenever he's on 610 radio. I heard they are already remaking the movie "Precious", except with a few cultural changes to the characters. McClain is supposedly in the running to be cast as the main character, the one that was originally portrayed by that obese african american girl.

I also love how 610 rolls the red carpet out for this guy despite his constant giving of misinformation, but is quick to try rip Bob Allen and spend hours on air doing so due to some technicality in wording
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #106
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 114477 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

LOL
Agree M.W is all about the money. He is not an A.J type player.
Old 03-08-2012   #107
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
That's contradictory to what he's been quoted as saying, but like I've stated in other threads, "the proof is in the puddin'". I'll hide-N-watch.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2012   #108
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain gets scooped, retaliates by saying it isn't true and they haven't even talked about it, and then does the ultimate backpedal by saying it'll probably be done tuesday.

How effing worthless can you be.
Old 03-08-2012   #109
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
you're only getting half of the story. While the cap is expected to be around 180 million, it's not going in one big jump. The leage will bump by around 6-8 million a year until the tv contracts are fully matured in 2018. We're gonna be in cap hell the next few years.
When I first heard this rumor, it made sense. Then after thinking about it, why would it gradually increase?

Supposedly it's going to go up because the Owners will be making a lot more money with the new TV deal starting 2014. It's not going to gradually increase, they're going to get their money up front, that year.

Why would the NFLPA allow the owners to nickel & dime them?
Old 03-08-2012   #110
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, apparently there's another blog/Q&A session that John McClain is a part of with the Chronicle. Link here, but I posted the "meat" of the session below:

What about the report by Lewis "Sausage Fingers" Malone that Golden Corral will unveil chicken-fried corn on the cob in April?

John McClain: What do I think about it? Totally bogus. It's still in the trial phase, and won't be ready to roll out to customers until May at the earliest.

How do you know?

McClain: Because I'm on the Trial Committee. Duh. Next question.

Would you ever contemplate actually eating Lewis' fingers if you and Lewis were trapped on a deserted island and had nothing to eat?

McCLain: Ah, a trick question! Depends on if we had any syrup or not.

Is it true you make your own syrup, John, and if so...how?

McClain: Nice try, Lewis. You're not getting my syrup recipe you bastard.

Gravy. Your thoughts?

McClain: Should be part of the food pyramid, no doubt about it. Cream gravy, brown gravy, turkey gravy, gravy with bits of crumbled sausage in it, how can it not be in the food pyramid?

The new Nacho-flavored Doritos taco shell at Taco Bell, will it have staying power?

McClain: Hard to say. Does it have the same consistency as a Nacho Doritos chip or is it just a regular shell with some Nacho Dorito flavor sprayed onto it? Call me skeptical, but I've seen some real doozies in my day when it comes to food fads. I'll need a 10-pack before I can reach a verdict, obviously.
Old 03-08-2012   #111
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 101731 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
John McClain gets scooped, retaliates by saying it isn't true and they haven't even talked about it, and then does the ultimate backpedal by saying it'll probably be done tuesday.

Ask this guy:

Or this guy:

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #112
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

Pretty much. It's like I said in the other thread, John McClain couldn't get the inside scoop on a bowl of ice cream...

If he swam a mile every time he changed his story, he would be the next Michael Phelps.

The only way he breaks news is by sitting on it.

His biggest headline of the year was when he fell asleep on his keyboard.

He achieved the rank of "General" by way of field commission after he ate the rest of the army.

Old 03-08-2012   #113
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Pretty much. It's like I said in the other thread, John McClain couldn't get the inside scoop on a bowl of ice cream...

If he swam a mile every time he changed his story, he would be the next Michael Phelps.

The only way he breaks news is by sitting on it.

His biggest headline of the year was when he fell asleep on his keyboard.

He achieved the rank of "General" by way of field commission after he ate the rest of the army.

The only reason he is called "General" is becuase he ate his body weight in General Tso's chicken!!!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #114
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really don't see how you can make this claim yet. Mario has done all the right things off the field, and I don't think making a claim like this is justified, just yet. Wait about a week before you say things like this.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #115
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see how AJ might have agreed to a restructure 'in principal' at this point, so that the contract is ready to be faxed to the league office if the Texans come to terms with Mario (or whoever else they're freeing up money for).

Obviously if they can't come to terms with whoever else they need to to make all the deals work, then its pointless taking a future hit when you could afford it this season.

Anyway, AJ never fails to come through for this team, everything about that guy's contract situation has just oozed class throughout his entire career. And btw, some of these other slimebags would do well to take notice of the way AJ handles his contract situations, because the guy is a very rich man despite managing to do the little things to help the team. Would be nice to see a bit more of that in todays NFL.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #116
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
The same dude that NEARLY QUIT THE GAME to help his fam isn't humble?

I can't.
Old 03-09-2012   #117
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

lol McClain. What a fat sore loser.
Old 03-09-2012   #118
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 53145 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When I first heard this rumor, it made sense. Then after thinking about it, why would it gradually increase?

Supposedly it's going to go up because the Owners will be making a lot more money with the new TV deal starting 2014. It's not going to gradually increase, they're going to get their money up front, that year.

Why would the NFLPA allow the owners to nickel & dime them?
Not a rumor in the slightest. Look at the Fox and CBS contracts then get back to me. They're not increasing nearly 80% in 1 year.

From Bloomberg:

"Rights fees for all three networks will increase by about 6 percent or 7 percent a year, according to three people with knowledge of the talks who were granted anonymity because they weren’t authorized to disclose the terms."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...ough-2022.html

Nate
Old 03-09-2012   #119
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Who are you to say who has it backwards??
Who are you to say he isn't ?
Old 03-09-2012   #120
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

so has he restructured his contract or hasn't he?
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read