Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2012   #41
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson restructures contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by skenney_11 View Post
About five minutes ago, josh and rich on 610 just said McClain claims that la canforas report is not true.
Rumors will be around until something concrete is announced. I have no doubt they want to keep Mario, as to their progress or effort I'm sure us common folk (and sports reporters as well) know zilch.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #42
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain said it's not true = sure fire validation of truth.
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #43
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
About five minutes ago, josh and rich on 610 just said McClain claims that la canforas report is not true.
He's probably getting Andre Johnson mixed up with Andre Davis. A common mistake.
Old 03-08-2012   #44
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

MARIOOOOOOOOOOOO WILLIAMSSSSSSSSSSSS
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #45
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Typically when it comes to breaking news ... La Canfora > McRib.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #46
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I dont know I mean its not like Jason La Canfora just said AJ restructured. He has specific details on the deal. Maybe the deal is in place but Texans FO is waiting to announce.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #47
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's just mad because La Canfora beat him to the punch and his "insider" info.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2012   #48
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
If Pancakes lost 5 pounds for every time he was wrong, he would weigh 5 pounds by now.
Harsh. But true.

"Pancakes" McClain

"Grand Slam" McClain

"Wonderfall" McClain

It's endless. In the movie Secretariat, he looked like Mike Holmgren's challenged brother.

Why doesn't he just stop already? I almost think the Texans wait for him to tweet or post some "scoop" then Smith and Kubiak do the opposite just because they want to jack with him.
Old 03-08-2012   #49
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we can re-sign Mario, Myers, and Breisel now.

Andre is awesome!
ItsMyFault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #50
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Please don't tell me the Texans might really make a serious run @ Mario ?
That's what I'm hoping. Cool of AJ spoke with Mario and they agreed on doing so!
Old 03-08-2012   #51
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Harsh. But true.

"Pancakes" McClain

"Grand Slam" McClain

"Wonderfall" McClain

It's endless. In the movie Secretariat, he looked like Mike Holmgren's challenged brother.

Why doesn't he just stop already? I almost think the Texans wait for him to tweet or post some "scoop" then Smith and Kubiak do the opposite just because they want to jack with him.
Secretariat is one of my fav movies! I've watched it a zillion times, yesterday being the latest, and I DO NOT remember seeing J. McClain in that movie! But, I wasn't looking for him either. What part? Now my curiosity is up!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #52
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
He's just mad because La Canfora beat him to the punch and his "insider" info.
I'm not a fan of La Canfora but that is probably what happened. I still can't believe NFL network was too cheap to pay Adam Schefter. They really took a step backwards when they let him go and picked up Drew Carey's little brother.

I think the restructuring of Andre's contract is more for Myers than it is for MW. I'm not saying with some more player contract restructuring that Williams can't be signed but at this point I think Myers has to be the priority.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #53
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Secretariat is one of my fav movies! I've watched it a zillion times, yesterday being the latest, and I DO NOT remember seeing J. McClain in that movie! But, I wasn't looking for him either. What part? Now my curiosity is up!
One of the press conferences with Diane Lane (may be the one with Sham owner, too). He's sitting in the front row with "civil war" facial hair.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #54
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we sign MW, 1-week wasted with nfl.com
Old 03-08-2012   #55
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully OD and Ryans are next.
Old 03-08-2012   #56
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Ryans and OD restructure, and isn't Smith in the last year of his deal? Maybe extend him two years and make more room?
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #57
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
JJOE would save the most. if we restructured him id take it theyre gonna go all out to re-sign mario
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #58
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Harsh. But true.

"Pancakes" McClain

"Grand Slam" McClain

"Wonderfall" McClain

LMAO....I like that you threw in the Wonderfall hahaha

Seriously though he said that he talked to 'Dre's agent and he said this has not happened. So unless McClain is straight up lying I gotta go with him on this one per what he said on J&R.

This deal could happen, but as of now has not.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #59
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really starting to hate McClain. Ok, maybe hate is too strong but this guy is truly getting on my last nerve. He can't stand the fact that some people may have a little more knowledge on the local team than him, and goes out of his way to dispel anything that comes out unless he's the one breaking the story. Its so unprofessional the way his jealousy shows in this regard. Can't wait for the day when he retires and someone else steps in who has a lot less ego.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #60
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm really starting to hate McClain. Ok, maybe hate is too strong but this guy is truly getting on my last nerve. He can't stand the fact that some people may have a little more knowledge on the local team than him, and goes out of his way to dispel anything that comes out unless he's the one breaking the story. Its so unprofessional the way his jealousy shows in this regard. Can't wait for the day when he retires and someone else steps in who has a lot less ego.
So if something's out and out incorrect (Walter's shoulder, Stanford Routt's visit, and it's looking like this one might fit that description), and he's aware of it, what would you like him to do?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read