Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-07-2012   #1
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peyton Manning Derby (Signs with Broncos)

I sure like hearing others speak well of our team. It sure is nice!

Peyton Manning derby: Ranking 12 potential landing spots for QB’s services

Here’s the Dirty Dozen:

1. Houston Texans: I know there was a report a few weeks ago from the Houston Chronicle’s highly reliable John McClain that Manning to the Texans is “not going to happen.” But it should, and I believe the franchise’s powerbrokers (owner Bob McNair, general manager Rick Smith and head coach Gary Kubiak) are smart enough to give the idea strong consideration. The Texans have everything Manning could possibly want: A terrific defense; a premier running back (Arian Foster); an elite receiver (Andre Johnson) and other dangerous targets; an exceptional offensive line; a fabulous stadium with a roof; and a seemingly weak division that, oh yeah, happens to include the Colts. This team is a Super Bowl contender with Matt Schaub under center; if Manning is healthy and able to regain his throwing touch, I think the Texans are Super Bowl favorites. Schaub, while accomplished, has been injury-prone and has struggled against top-notch competition. He turns 31 in June and has missed five or more games in three of his five seasons as the Texans’ starter, along with failing to finish several other starts (Sage Rosenfels closed out four games in 2007). Houston could free up approximately $7 million of cap space by cutting Schaub, which would give the franchise a nice start toward making a deal with Manning work financially for both sides. Granted, this would be a risk, but, worst-case scenario, Smith and Kubiak are high on T.J. Yates, who filled in as a rookie for the injured Schaub and led Houston to its first-ever playoff victory in January. If the Texans take the leap of faith, Manning should jump at the opportunity...

Click here for the rest of the story.
Old 03-07-2012   #2
JVL713
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 JVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peyton Manning Derby

We were just mentioned as a dark horse on Mike & Mike in the Morning, but Adam Schefter said it would most likely come down to the Redskins, Jets, Dolphins, and another team i can't seem to remember...

They even mentioned us trading Schaub to someone like the Redskins for two second rounders or even a first.

I'd be more than thrilled to have Peyton as a Texan but I don't want to get my hopes up
JVL713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

"The Chronicle's highly reliable John McClain"

I stopped reading right there.
Old 03-07-2012   #4
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 11677 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn I want this to happen.
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Disclaimer: Never will Happen

Wouldn't be crazy if the Jags claimed Manning off waviers.
New owner
team with a history of bad ticket sales
Gabbert is garbage
Jag def is good and have a run game
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #6
JVL713
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 JVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike & Mike also saying they think Reggie Wayne will follow Peyton wherever he goes, we would be fools not to consider this
JVL713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Just throw the money at Reggie Wayne.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2012   #8
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope that guy isn't listing those in order of likeliness.

If I had to bet, I'd say he's Miami bound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
"The Chronicle's highly reliable John McClain"

I stopped reading right there.
QFT
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #9
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 75430 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Id love this idea. On the other site I post at, I mentioned this weeks ago and they BASHED ME lol.....weird to see how from one site to another the Texans fan have different opinions
Old 03-07-2012   #10
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Disclaimer: Never will Happen

New owner
team with a history of bad ticket sales
Gabbert is garbage
Jag def is good and have a run game
Manning will not hit waivers, once the Colts let him go - he is a free agent and can sign with any team he wants.
Old 03-07-2012   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning is not coming to Houston. God I'll be glad when this crap is over with and he's signed with someone.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Fun, for some, to talk about. But not going to happen.
Old 03-07-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Manning is not coming to Houston. God I'll be glad when this crap is over with and he's signed with someone.
Agreed.

Or let's bring him in. First practice let Mario & Barwin meet-in-the-middle and make a Manning sandwich knocking him out of the league for good. Release him paying the minimum, and move on.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #14
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I love how talking heads try a justify why Manning wouldn't be a good fit in Houston because he doesn't roll out and use play action...

THEN they roll video footage of Manning... DOING EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAY HE CAN'T DO! About 5-6 clips were play action and 2 were him rolling out.

People are telling me Matt Schaub can do something Peyton Manning can't is very, very hard to believe.

the ONLY 2 reason this will not happen is...

1: Kubiak's ego will never let Manning's ego run the offense

2: money

otherwise Manning should already be signed, in a Texans uniform and Schaub traded. I would MUCH rather Yates or whom ever the future is, learning under one of the best QB in the history of the NFL rather a mediocre noodle arm that can barely stay healthy...

BUT that's just me...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
NO FREAKIN' doubt!!!
Old 03-07-2012   #16
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Agreed.

Or let's bring him in. First practice let Mario & Barwin meet-in-the-middle and make a Manning sandwich knocking him out of the league for good. Release him paying the minimum, and move on.

If I could put more, I would...Teams in high school don't let defenses hit the QB in practice...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #17
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Yes it would be amazing, because he isnt on waivers.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #18
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

If I could put more, I would...Teams in high school don't let defenses hit the QB in practice...
I think you missed the point...
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Yes it would be amazing, because he isnt on waivers.
lol, was about to say the same thing...

Waivers only comes into play for players who have less than 4 seasons accrued, or when any player is cut/released during the regular season, but after the trade deadline.

Some guys that were on waivers recently were Randy Moss after being cut by the Vikings, Jason Allen released by the Dolphins and claimed by Texans, Kyle Orton was released by the Broncos this season and claimed by the Chiefs.
Old 03-07-2012   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

or even the more amazing part in which he thinks Mario will be in a Texans uniform.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read