Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-07-2012   #21
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans All Access show on 610 (new programming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Wonder how many of us would take a 50% cut from our last's year's salary? It is one thing to turn down huge increases to go another part of the country & remain in Houston but to take a huge hit?

Another thing, I have never made millions but more than once I had to take another job at a very reduced income. I did not like it one bit. I think the ego gets involved at whatever the income level is.

I think there is a huge difference in one of us regular joe's taking a pay cut and a former 1st pick of the draft before the rookie cap taking one. Mario was signed for 6 years @ $54 million in 2006. Any pay cut on his next contract would be an awesome gesture by Mario but not one that is going to cause him to have to rebudget his finances to pay his electric bill. Anyone that has earned $54 million in 6 years should be set for life already. I know some go bankrupt but that is all on them for being stupid with their money.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #22
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Show starts at noon......sounds like at 12:30 owner Bob McNair is on...FYI

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #23
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Phillips will be on today FYI

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 03-20-2012   #24
Crafty
noob

Heya,

I'm a Brit and the 610 radio stream doesn't work over here!

Don't suppose anyone has an alternative link for it?

Cheers
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #25
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
Heya,

I'm a Brit and the 610 radio stream doesn't work over here!

Don't suppose anyone has an alternative link for it?

Cheers
If you have facebook, you could "like" the Houston Texans, they sometimes post links to podcasts that might interest you.
Old 03-20-2012   #26
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

So, what hard issues will they discuss today? Maybe the field? Or maybe what they serve in the cafeteria?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #27
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Will they put this on their "podcasts" ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2012   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

12:15 Mike Mayock
12:30 Rashad Butler
1:00 Wade
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade: Kareem had a good year.
He did his part (in the defense).
Old 03-20-2012   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Wade on JJ Watt:
He's a star in the making, if he's not (a star) already.
I haven't seen anybody play that well since Howie Long (as a rookie.)

Man, that's a great compliment.
Old 03-20-2012   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Wade realized that the Texans were "fortunate" that Reed and Barwin were able to play a lot of snaps last year.

Sounds to me like the Texans will look for another pass rusher either in FA or the draft, which is probably a give-me assumption.

That's about it.
Old 03-20-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Wade on JJ Watt:
He's a star in the making, if he's not (a star) already.
I haven't seen anybody play that well since Howie Long (as a rookie.)

Man, that's a great compliment.
I might even say Reggie White. Yes, I mean that.

Dude is going to be unstoppable in 2012. If he did what he did in his rookie year, then the game slows down for him in Year 2...he knows what to expect, he's even been in two playoff games already. He's a veteran in all senses.

I have never seen a d-lineman jump in the air and intercept a pass in the split-second adjustment that JJ Watt did. It was other-worldly. Period. I think that was THE defining play for him...sky is the limit and he knows it now, even though I think he knew it all along anyways.

It's everything about him. His impact on his college campus, fellow students would say one half of his statement to him and he'd state the other half back to them. His on-the-field talent. Natural in front of the camera. Larger than life persona. Young. Everything. If I was Nike or Reebok or whatever, I'd have JJ Watt endorsing my stuff.
Old 03-20-2012   #33
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Dude is going to be unstoppable in 2012. If he did what he did in his rookie year, then the game slows down for him in Year 2...he knows what to expect, he's even been in two playoff games already. He's a veteran in all senses.

I have never seen a d-lineman jump in the air and intercept a pass in the split-second adjustment that JJ Watt did. It was other-worldly. Period. I think that was THE defining play for him...sky is the limit and he knows it now, even though I think he knew it all along anyways.

It's everything about him. His impact on his college campus, fellow students would say one half of his statement to him and he'd state the other half back to them. His on-the-field talent. Natural in front of the camera. Larger than life persona. Young. Everything. If I was Nike or Reebok or whatever, I'd have JJ Watt endorsing my stuff.
Spot on post GP. I LUVS me some JJ Watt. I see a gold jacket in his future. I really believe that.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #34
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And correct me if I'm wrong but his playoffs stats read something like 6 sacks and a TD in two playoff games right?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Spot on post GP. I LUVS me some JJ Watt. I see a gold jacket in his future. I really believe that.
He's that good a golfer?
Old 03-20-2012   #36
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Spot on. He's got to be like a really big gnat to the QB/RB...he just wont go away. He's like that nightmare that won't go away everytime you close your eyes...or in this case everytime they open theirs. Something special in this kid. It's only one year...but rookies just don't have that kind of year at that position. Long live JJ "Nightmare" Watt, it time to go night night!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #37
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

So pissed i missed the show today....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #38
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Chester Pitts on Oline will be on today as well as A. Glen and Mike Lombardi for today's show starting at noon in case anyone interested.

Dormant bodies bursting!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read