Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-06-2012   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans All Access show on 610 (new programming)

Mods, not sure exactly which section to pu this in, guessing here?

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, 610am has a new show on Tuesdays from 12-2pm that will be all access Texans and NFL talk in general for the entire offseason.

Vandy and Andre will be doing the show and today is the first show if you want to check it out..

Sounds like today they will have Kubiak, Florio and others...should be good....just an FYI about the show.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans All Access show on 610 (new programming)

Cool. I had heard about this, but forgot when it started. Thanks for the heads up.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, can you note any interesting thing; I've got to run shortly and won't be able to tune in.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #4
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I got choked up listening to Arian. He's such a great guy

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2012   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post

Agreed. Dude sounds legit.
Old 03-06-2012   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No doubt. Guys with a personality, and outlook like his is few and far between in the NFL. Hell, in sports overall.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Same here! A true gift to the Texans!

TJ sounds like a humble young man also. Enjoying his part of the program.

Edit: I would pay to see Connor Barwin in a Prius! lol
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin says Mario has told him repeatedly he wants to stay in Houston. It will not effect Connor if Mario is on team or not. "I'll switch back to SAM" if Mario here. Wants to keep working on his ankle to get it back 100%.

Gary Kubiak next (1:40 pm)concerning JJ
Old 03-06-2012   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Have been having to work on our Mission Impossible super secret isolation computer all day so I haven't been able to post till now back at my desk.

That Arian interview had me choked up man!! If you don't love Arian I don't know what to say to that.....

I started to come over to my desk when Connor was in his Prius (which I would love to see too lol) so I missed him commenting on MW but I hope that is true!

For anyone who missed the show, brief recap that I caught was having Arian on the phone for an interview, then listening live to his press conference where he became choked up talking about his journey and family struggles, how he views money, etc.

Jason La Confora (SP??) was on the phone talking about Arian, the Texans and general and the MW situation (wasn't much groudbreaking news I caught there) then talked to Barwin which I missed some of.

Other than that it was general Texans and NFL talk.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 03-06-2012   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, crap. I got a telephone call, did Kubiak come on to discuss Jacoby? I was trying to listen but never heard him.
Old 03-06-2012   #11
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Well, crap. I got a telephone call, did Kubiak come on to discuss Jacoby? I was trying to listen but never heard him.
Kubiak never came on live but they played a clip of him talking about Jacoby at his award ceremony thing last week. Said yea he made a mistake on the muffed punt but he felt Jacoby filled in nicely in the absence of Andre and made plays. Nothing new really
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I had been very hard on AF back at beginning of 2011 reg season, regarding his tweets on his hamstring and then his scathing rebuttal to comments made by Colin Cowherd on that same subject.

I think that was a life lesson he learned, because there's been no such shenanigans since then.

Now he's a multi-millionaire. I think that's great. Good for him.

TexMexMom, if you're out there, GP has much love. I was a doubter for a moment, but not anymore. Not that you need my approval, just saying this is a great day for all involved: Fans, Texans players and staff, Arian, and your family. Congrats!
Old 03-06-2012   #13
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Arians Press Conference Here
Old 03-06-2012   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

TEXMEXMOM, my boy is 31 and when he says or does something that let's me know he was paying attention to me when he was a kid, it touches my heart. Everyone is proud of your son and how he handled his business. This post is for you in recognition of your parenting. Good job. May God continue to bless you and your family and keep Arian safe. Enjoy your fruit basket.

Steve
Old 03-06-2012   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome press conference by Arian. Dude is the real deal, and his talk about not looking at yourself in another man's mirror was straight up awesome. Much respect to him and the organization for conducting business with much class and dignity.
Old 03-06-2012   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Barwin says Mario has told him repeatedly he wants to stay in Houston. It will not effect Connor if Mario is on team or not. "I'll switch back to SAM" if Mario here. Wants to keep working on his ankle to get it back 100%.

Gary Kubiak next (1:40 pm)concerning JJ

Actions speak louder than words, Mario. We'll see come next week.
Old 03-06-2012   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Mario would take a pay cut if he wants to stay.
Old 03-06-2012   #18
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Actions speak louder than words, Mario. We'll see come next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Mario would take a pay cut if he wants to stay.
I want MW to stay as much as anyone, but taking a pay cut and taking far, far below your worth are 2 different things. I'm worried the Texans may only be able to offer far, far below his worth money due to the cap. If so, I can't blame him if it doesn't work out. He can't be expected to just allow himself to get paid like an average player. I expect him to offer a discount but it still may be too high a price.

I'm sure this will be discussed next Tuesday on the show and I look forward to it. Would love if they have MW on about the subject if that would be possible.

Old 03-06-2012   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Wonder how many of us would take a 50% cut from our last's year's salary? It is one thing to turn down huge increases to go another part of the country & remain in Houston but to take a huge hit?

Another thing, I have never made millions but more than once I had to take another job at a very reduced income. I did not like it one bit. I think the ego gets involved at whatever the income level is.
Old 03-07-2012   #20
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks to Sports Radio 610 for making the All Access Texans a Weekly show.
Very cool to have this in the off-season.

All the interviews were very well done and I really like Vandermeer and Andre Ware beign on there..the Voices of the Texans!!!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read