Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2012   #161
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans come to terms with Arian Foster

From LZ:

Spoke with another NFL team who told me Arian Foster's cap hit will be 8 million this year and 8.25 next year & 9 million in 2014

So that means:
8 mm in 2012
8.25 mm in 2013
9 mm in 2014
Total 25.25

4.75 million of that 30 million in the first 3 years remaining. Divide by 2 for 2.375 million per year. Multiply by 5 and you get 11.875 million as Arian's signing bonus

Edit: cap hits by year:

9.125*
9.125*

Average of remaining money is 9.125 million for the last two years. Hooray Math!

Last edited by Dutchrudder; 03-05-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Fixed numbers
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #162
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57758 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Other than Mario actually signing, you have & will read this into every bit of news we hear.

"Don't have enough cap room"
Mussop: "Most likely bye bye Mario."
"We have a lot of cap room"
"They talked to an OLB prospect at the combine"
"Signed a new QB coach"
And other than Mario actually signing with another team you will continue to hold on and live in denial. It would be super nice to add Mario to what this defense has become, but no way hell is he more important than keeping our OL together. We have to resign Myers and Breisal. After they sign we need to extend some of the guys that are going to be unrestricted next year. There is no way that all that can happen and bring Mario back.

But you just keep holding on to that dream dreamer. Don't worry in the end you and others will see this is the right path to go down. It will ensure we have a deep and talented team for years.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #163
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
From LZ:

Spoke with another NFL team who told me Arian Foster's cap hit will be 8 million this year and 8.25 next year & 9 million in 2014

So that means:
8 mm in 2012
8.25 mm in 2013
9 mm in 2014
Total 25.25

4.75 million of that 30 million in the first 3 years remaining. Divide by 2 for 2.375 million per year. Multiply by 5 and you get 11.875 million as Arian's signing bonus

Edit: cap hits by year:

8.75*
8.75*

Average of remaining money is 8.75 million for the last two years. Hooray Math!
A mod should probably make this a sticky. There will be no end to the questions about "How much is Foster counting against the cap?" Am I right?

I hope they sticky it and make life easier for everybody. It would be cool to have a sub-forum that was nothing but sticky'd contract numbers and cap hits. We could catalog a lot of info into that dude.
Old 03-05-2012   #164
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
A mod should probably make this a sticky. There will be no end to the questions about "How much is Foster counting against the cap?" Am I right?

I hope they sticky it and make life easier for everybody. It would be cool to have a sub-forum that was nothing but sticky'd contract numbers and cap hits. We could catalog a lot of info into that dude.
I made an error, but fixed it. 9.125 is the average for the last 2 years (18.25 m total).

Edit: LZ says "signing bonus is 12 million prorated over 5 years". I think his caphits are slightly off then. Oh well, 12 million it is.
Old 03-05-2012   #165
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

This made my day!

Going to buy a jersey to celebrate!
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #166
dsorc
Veteran

Rep Power: 2221 dsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I made an error, but fixed it. 9.125 is the average for the last 2 years (18.25 m total).

Edit: LZ says "signing bonus is 12 million prorated over 5 years". I think his caphits are slightly off then. Oh well, 12 million it is.
Either his cap hits or his signing bonus is slightly off. If the cap hit for the first year is 8M and he gets a total of 18M then we have the following 2 equations:
SB/5 + salary = 8
SB + salary = 18

Solving for SB gives a signing bonus of 12.5M with an initial salary of 5.5M
dsorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #167
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
After they sign we need to extend some of the guys that are going to be unrestricted next year. There is no way that all that can happen and bring Mario back.
& you say this, regardless if we have $4M in cap space or $64M. It doesn't matter to you. No matter how much cap space we have, it's not enough.....
Old 03-05-2012   #168
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64802 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& you say this, regardless if we have $4M in cap space or $64M. It doesn't matter to you. No matter how much cap space we have, it's not enough.....
Considering the cap situation right now, we cannot sign Mario if we want to sign our other guys as well (Myers, Brisiel, etc.). Maybe if we cut a few guys (Jones, Lienhart) and restructure a few deals (Walter, AJ, Ryans) we can, but right now I don't see it happening.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #169
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Being superstitious is part of being a sports fan.
I like Eli's take on it: "I'm kindastitious". Caught that over the weekend and thought it witty and somewhat humorous.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #170
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Considering the cap situation right now, we cannot sign Mario if we want to sign our other guys as well (Myers, Brisiel, etc.). Maybe if we cut a few guys (Jones, Lienhart) and restructure a few deals (Walter, AJ, Ryans) we can, but right now I don't see it happening.
Most people who have really delved into the Texans' cap situation think they can keep everyone without too much trouble. The numbers floating around saying they only have 1-5 mil in cap space for the 2012-2013 season don't seem credible based on the available contract information.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #171
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
& what's our cap situation? One minute I'm hearing $4M, the next $30M

have we found a credible source yet?
Old 03-05-2012   #172
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& what's our cap situation? One minute I'm hearing $4M, the next $30M

have we found a credible source yet?
I'm not to good at this but I think that 30 million you heard is with those 17 FAs that come off the books on March 13th.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #173
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57758 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just keep hanging on to that string eventually the last thread is going to snap and you will realize the truth. No one knows exactly what we have left but everyone knows its not much. It couldn't more obvious. It would take Mario giving us a huge hometown discount. I can't ever remember a player passing up MILLIONS of dollars to play anywhere. I don't know how you could expect him to.
Old 03-05-2012   #174
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just keep hanging on to that string eventually the last thread is going to snap and you will realize the truth. No one knows exactly what we have left but everyone knows its not much. It couldn't more obvious. It would take Mario giving us a huge hometown discount. I can't ever remember a player passing up MILLIONS of dollars to play anywhere. I don't know how you could expect him to.
tom brady a few years back did it & i believe some steeler o-lineman did it like 10 years ago or something... I wouldn't expect a player to do it, but you never know.

I'm like TK, i'll continue to hold out hope until he officially leaves..I don't believe that Wade & the FO believe they'll be OK going into the season with Reed & Barwin & likely a rookie as their core OLB's next year. None of those guys have proven a thing in terms of being capable of taking over a game.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #175
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

What a great story. An UDFA, relegated to the practice squad, goes about his daily grind, biding time and waits for his opportunity. And when it avails itself, he seizes it. Then, he goes about his business, playing lights out and under the terms of his contract. No whining. No excuses. Just does his job better than most.

Class act. I am glad Arian Foster is a Texan.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #176
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
these were the numbers I had for 2012
Player Salary Cap Hit
J Joseph $7.250 $9.750
M Schaub $7.150 $8.316
A Johnson $6.500 $9.328
O Daniels $6.500 $6.500
D Ryans $5.900 $7.150
A Smith $5.500 $8.000
E Winston $5.500 $5.500
D Manning $5.000 $5.000
J Jones $4.791 $4.941
K Walter $3.500 $3.500
M Leinart $3.000 $3.000
S Cody $2.250 $2.250
W Smith $2.000 $2.000
R. Butler $1.533 $2.158
B Cushing $1.153 $2.359
JJ Watt $0.856 $2.524
D Brown $0.781 $1.362
K Jackson $0.700 $2.013
G Quin $0.565 $0.607
C Barwin $0.565 $0.917
A Caldwell $0.565 $0.766
J Casey $0.565 $0.611
T Jamison $0.565 $0.569
B McCain $0.565 $0.591
B Harris $0.546 $0.771
B Reed $0.546 $0.884
E Mitchell $0.490 $0.899
D Sharpton $0.490 $0.624
G Graham $0.490 $0.821
S McManis $0.490 $0.538
S Smith $0.490 $0.516
B Tate $0.490 $0.490
R Carmichael $0.490 $0.589
D Newton $0.465 $0.489
TJ Yates $0.465 $0.511
J Nading $0.555
S Keo $0.555
T Nolan $0.565
B Braman $0.490
M Alexander $0.490
B Hartmann $0.490
L Jean $0.490
J Maehl $0.490
A Gardner $0.490
That's $101.469M

Foster's deal adds $8M..... Okoye & Slaton, probably work out to be about $4M of dead money. Say we set aside $4M for our draft picks. So we're looking at $117M

$7M in cap space, without any cuts or Re negotiations. & 10 Roster spots to go.

Yeah, you're probably right.
Old 03-05-2012   #177
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

That's $101.469M

Foster's deal adds $8M..... Okoye & Slaton, probably work out to be about $4M of dead money. Say we set aside $4M for our draft picks. So we're looking at $117M

$7M in cap space, without any cuts or Re negotiations. & 10 Roster spots to go.

Yeah, you're probably right.
Believe me I hope I am wrong. I would love to see what Mario could do with a full year in this defense. I didn't see what alot of other people here saw but I do think Mario brings alot to this defense. Great in run support, he's versatile, can play OLB and any position on the DL. Size and athleticism. He's not a look at me player which I hate.

Of course I see the negatives to. He disappears at times, doesn't take over games at crucial times, doesn't have great technique after all these years. Of course that most likely has to do poor coaching. He's been injured alot the last two years.
Old 03-05-2012   #178
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Man we can't make it through one thread without bringing MW into it.
Old 03-05-2012   #179
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan View Post
man we can't make it through one thread without bringing mw into it.

no!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #180
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Man we can't make it through one thread without bringing MW into it.
Unlike the football field in December, Mario shows up on the message boards.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read