Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-06-2012   #181
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans come to terms with Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Unlike the football field in December, Mario shows up on the message boards.
BAZING!
Old 03-06-2012   #182
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Radio 610 on a bullit point news flash said Foster's base first year is $18 million and that is a whole 'nother thing. Could have been a tongue typo.
Old 03-06-2012   #183
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Radio 610 on a bullit point news flash said Foster's base first year is $18 million and that is a whole 'nother thing. Could have been a tongue typo.
Gotta be a mis read, his total PAYOUT would be 18 million, but that includes his signing bonus PLUS his base pay, totaling 18 million
Old 03-06-2012   #184
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Gotta be a mis read, his total PAYOUT would be 18 million, but that includes his signing bonus PLUS his base pay, totaling 18 million
Ok that's what most folks were saying & I thought the first year guarantee was 18 meaning base +upfront bonus. Just wished there was an accurate source.
Old 03-06-2012   #185
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Ok that's what most folks were saying & I thought the first year guarantee was 18 meaning base +upfront bonus. Just wished there was an accurate source.
I think, for me, the way DutchRudder put pencil to paper makes sense.

He's a pretty sharp cat, and the figures below seem to jibe IF the reports are true. Dutch just took the time to work out the math on it, seems like as good of a guess as any. Unless there is some fine print in Arian's contract...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
From LZ:

Spoke with another NFL team who told me Arian Foster's cap hit will be 8 million this year and 8.25 next year & 9 million in 2014

So that means:
8 mm in 2012
8.25 mm in 2013
9 mm in 2014
Total 25.25

4.75 million of that 30 million in the first 3 years remaining. Divide by 2 for 2.375 million per year. Multiply by 5 and you get 11.875 million as Arian's signing bonus

Edit: cap hits by year:

9.125*
9.125*

Average of remaining money is 9.125 million for the last two years. Hooray Math!
Old 03-06-2012   #186
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

So there IS a way, according to DutchRudder's math, that Arian IS making around $18 or $19 million in year 1 (2012) because his base could likely be $8 mill and his signing bonus might be $11 mill = $19 mill.

But, IIRC, only the base of $8 mill is applied to the 2012 cap figures...the $11 mill (or a good portion of it) can be spread out or applied to future years. This allows us to keep the 2012 cap hit a little lower.

Someone tell me if I am wrong in this thinking.
Old 03-06-2012   #187
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
So there IS a way, according to DutchRudder's math, that Arian IS making around $18 or $19 million in year 1 (2012) because his base could likely be $8 mill and his signing bonus might be $11 mill = $19 mill.

But, IIRC, only the base of $8 mill is applied to the 2012 cap figures...the $11 mill (or a good portion of it) can be spread out or applied to future years. This allows us to keep the 2012 cap hit a little lower.

Someone tell me if I am wrong in this thinking.
The cap hit from the signing bonus of ~12 million gets prorated out over the 5 years. It's paid the day he signs the deal and is fully guaranteed. So as far as Foster is concerned, he currently has that money in his bank account. That's 2.4 million against the cap though. So if his cap number is 8 million this year, then that would make his base salary 5.6 million. That 5.6 million will be paid out in 17 checks over the course of the NFL regular season. For this year, Foster will make that 5.6 million salary plus his signing bonus of 12 million, for about 17.6 million. Saying 18 million paid this year is correct, but the cap hit is 8 million.
Old 03-06-2012   #188
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #189
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Is that Foster signing the deal.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #190
badboy
Site Contributor

$8m cap is very good if true. I had heard on one radio program that his base was $9m + $9m upfront bonus or about $11m cap. $8 m can be covered by JJ and Leinert cut's + 2011 base for Arian. I'm not writing off Mario yet.
Old 03-06-2012   #191
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
yes
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #192
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Running back Arian Foster re-signed with the Houston Texans on Tuesday and after, he answered questions from the media at a Reliant Stadium press conference. The following is a transcript of his interview.

Running back Arian Foster
(opening statement) ďFirst, I want to thank my offensive line, and my organization, and my coaching staff and everybody in this city, the fans that have showed me so much support and so much love. Once again, I want to thank my offensive line because they made me look a little better than I am. I made sure and told them that, each individually. Iím extremely excited that we were able to come to terms and get a long-term deal done because I love this city. I love this organization. Itís a first-class organization. Mr. Bob McNair, our general manger Rick Smith, our head coach Gary Kubiak, theyíve all shown me so much support ever since I set foot as an undrafted free agent in Houston. I wasnít sure where I was going to go. They gave me a chance. Thatís all that you can ask for in this lifetime. With that being said, Iím excited about the future. Iím excited about doing my best as a Houston Texan and bring a ring to Houston. I want to thank everybody.Ē

(on his agent saying this was a stressful time for him and what the last few days have been like) ďI wouldnít call it stressful. Itís nerve-racking. Itís tough to handle when your future is kind of out of your hands. You donít know what the club wants to do. You donít know what your next move is going to be. Like everything I do in my life, I let it pan out and I react to it. Thatís all you can really do.Ē
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-56442e9b121f
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #193
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Really liked his press conference. Money is not going to change this guy's perspective on life. Glad to have him on board with us long term.
Old 03-06-2012   #194
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

That man is world class: CLASS.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #195
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
That man is world class: CLASS.
Agreed.
Old 03-06-2012   #196
tamericus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 tamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respectedtamericus is a quality contributor and well respected

The video from the press conference is up on the Texans website:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...8-6a56098459fd
tamericus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #197
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

damn! Arian made me cry at my desk at work.
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #198
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
It's his twin brother, Drizzy.
Old 03-06-2012   #199
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69341 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

"First, I want to thank my offensive line."

Sick.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #200
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

That's my running back.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read