Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2012   #41
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates or Matt Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I guess that's the issue I left unsaid. I have zero confidence in the Texans medical staff in determining Schaub's long term prognosis. That's based upon case histories of Boselli, Domanick Davis, Charles Spencer, Jason Babin, etc. I don't know if they are even using the same doctors.
Hard to argue against this with their past performance (or at least what was let out to the media / fans) ofthe Texans medical staff , especially that of the Casserly Capers era .... Im not sure if they have the same staff or not. Thats a real good question. I'll do some digging on this one and get back to you ifI can come up with an answer.

The one thing about Schaub's injury is that it isnt as "bad" as many of those you list above. Its a bone injury rather than one to ligaments ... It should be relatively easy for them to determine the recovery of that bone.

Quote:
And while the largest component of leaning against extending Schaub is health issues, there is some questions about performance. Specifically, how will he handle playoff pressure. Though he was set to QB his first playoff game with a 7-3 record, Matt still is a playoff neophyte. We can assume how Schaub will perform. But, we don't know. Playoff pressure. The pressure of playing for a contract. The pressure of expectations. The pressure of returning from injury. Matt Schaub has a lot to prove this season. I'd like to see him prove it prior to giving him another long term deal.
I cant argue with any of that ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by krocket View Post
The best solution for the Texans if they want a SB is to dump MattS and hire PManning. That is if Kubiak can take letting him make the calls. Peyton has never had a running game like Foster, Tate and Ward and never had a defense like ours was either for that matter. With AJ and maybe a FA, WR Peyton would shred opposing defenses.

That is if you want to win now! He wanted to come here so let him!
Its unknown if Peyton can throw with any velocity at this point in his recovery .... Im not willing to spend the money on that gamble much less the gamble that a single hit to a fragile and already injured area ends his season (and likely career) again ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
AGREE, in the past Schaub would bring us back, then the Defense would give the other team no challenge and let them score at will and Schaub would have to bring us back again and again, funny how people seem to forget that and just like to blame the guy saying he isnt clutch.
Damnit EU .... You arent suppose to agree with me , then I dont have anyone to argue with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
JJ muff = 7 points for Ravens and 0 points for a drive that should have been for the Texans. Take the 7 away and we are tied and go into OT, but who is to say we would not have ran the ball down their throat and scored, at least a FG. Texans win. JJ catches the ball clean and we win. Not only did it hand the opponent a TD, but completely changed the momentum of the game. Thats my opinion.
Its hard to say a game goes differently removing one play .... who's to say that the Ravens dont get a turnover in the subsequent series and score anyway ... especially considering how many takeaways the Ravens generated thruout that game.

Jones mistake was a huge one and did have a great impact upon the game but you just cant look at a single play or event under a microscope ....

If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass when he hops .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Yates has hit his full potential, he isn't a starter. If you're even questioning Schaub starting versus Yates you're drunk.
I dont think Yates has come close to his full potential .... He came in as a rookie 5th round pick with no OTA's or a training camp and was "Ready" when his name was called. He also got better each week after he did become the starter.
He's also spent the offseason working very hard to get better .... I think his ceiling is much higher than his performance last season.

That said , a healthy Schaub is your starter /end thread.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #42
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt? Is that you?
Ignore all my accurate statements with the old bait and switch. Nice. You're delusional or trolling. Here's a quick comparison:

Schaub 2011= 8.5 YPA, 2.5:1 TD to INT ratio, 96.8 QB Rating

TJ Yates 2011=7 YPA, 1:1 TD to INT ratio, 80.7 QB Rating
Old 03-04-2012   #43
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ignore all my accurate statements with the old bait and switch. Nice. You're delusional or trolling. Here's a quick comparison:

Schaub 2011= 8.5 YPA, 2.5:1 TD to INT ratio, 96.8 QB Rating

TJ Yates 2011=7 YPA, 1:1 TD to INT ratio, 80.7 QB Rating
LMFAO at you comparing a rookies stats to someone who has been in the league for 8 years and failed. Nice.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #44
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMFAO at you comparing a rookies stats to someone who has been in the league for 8 years and failed. Nice.
Failed? How has Schaub failed? Did I call him an All-pro or the greatest thing since Warner? I stated that there's no way Yates should start ahead of him based on performance. Yates doesn't have it, he's a great backup plan if Schaub goes down, but he's not a starter and has proven as such.
Old 03-04-2012   #45
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Failed? How has Schaub failed? Did I call him an All-pro or the greatest thing since Warner? I stated that there's no way Yates should start ahead of him based on performance. Yates doesn't have it, he's a great backup plan if Schaub goes down, but he's not a starter and has proven as such.
Yates won a playoff game. His resume already owns Schaubs.
Old 03-04-2012   #46
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
And he lost one too, badly. If not for our defense it would have been very ugly.
Old 03-04-2012   #47
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And he lost one too, badly. If not for our defense it would have been very ugly.
If not for JJ it would have been a win and a SB trophy.
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2012   #48
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
If not for JJ it would have been a win and a SB trophy.
3 Interceptions (which realistically should have been even higher) does not a superbowl winner make. Your logic is flawed, if you lose a game 6 minutes in then you have much bigger problems than punt returner. Pull the blinders off.
Old 03-04-2012   #49
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's silly. I love the kid. However, the Texans were threading a needle winning the games it did with Yates. Yates' presence limited the ways in which the Texans could win. With Schaub, the Texans could air it out and come from behind if needed. Not so with Yates. Not yet, at least. With Schaub, I believe the Texans beat Baltimore rather convincingly, even with the JJ fumble.
Old 03-04-2012   #50
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
3 Interceptions (which realistically should have been even higher) does not a superbowl winner make. Your logic is flawed, if you lose a game 6 minutes in then you have much bigger problems than punt returner. Pull the blinders off.
If we arent behind, we arent throwing.
Old 03-04-2012   #51
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
With Schaub, the Texans could air it out and come from behind if needed. .
Hell yeah with Schaubs 30 yard bombs.
Old 03-04-2012   #52
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
If we arent behind, we arent throwing.
If a single player doesn't account for 75% of our turnovers, we aren't throwing.
Old 03-04-2012   #53
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

The "class of 2011" isnt our best ....

Old 03-05-2012   #54
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hell yeah with Schaubs 30 yard bombs.
Not much to say in retort to this. Wow. Al Davis?... is that you?
Old 03-05-2012   #55
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub era needs to be over...
Old 03-05-2012   #56
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
the schaub love is sickening.. blind homers, smh. the schaub era needs to be over soon; he isnt the answer.. he is one of the weak links on this team, but it holds more weight than the others because its such an important position..
Texans offense with Schaub 27.3ppg @ a 7-3 record. (.700)

Texans offense without Schaub 18ppg @ a 3-3 (.500) record with losses to Both Indy and Carolina who combined for 8 total wins .... two less than the Texans and only one more than the Schaub led Texans thru 10 games.

You people crack me up .... Just because Schaub isnt Aaron Rogers , Drew Brees or Tom Brady you want to replace him ... well I got news for ya , only three teams have those QB's and Yates isnt in their league. Its not even close.

Old 03-05-2012   #57
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Texans offense without Schaub 18ppg @ a 3-3 (.500) record with losses to Both Indy and Carolina who combined for 8 total wins .... two less than the Texans and only one more than the Schaub led Texans thru 10 games.

You people crack me up .... Just because Schaub isnt Aaron Rogers , Drew Brees or Tom Brady you want to replace him ... well I got news for ya , only three teams have those QB's and Yates isnt in their league. Its not even close.
i could care less about schaubs PPG against all those bum ass teams the texans were beating up. schaub isnt putting up 33 PPG in the playoffs.. it amazes me how you folks seem to think that schaub some how grew a pair of nuts and would have "convincingly beat the ravens".. this guy is a scared QB, keep trying to deny that he tuns into a midget when the game gets tough..

schaub career 2 minute rating is <50 with more INTs than TDs...
Old 03-05-2012   #58
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Dude, it isn't worth the keystrokes with some of these folks.
Old 03-05-2012   #59
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Indeed. I can't believe some of the responses in this thread. Ghost of Al Davis in here.
Old 03-05-2012   #60
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i could care less about schaubs PPG against all those bum ass teams the texans were beating up. schaub isnt putting up 33 PPG in the playoffs.. it amazes me how you folks seem to think that schaub some how grew a pair of nuts and would have "convincingly beat the ravens".. this guy is a scared QB, keep trying to deny that he tuns into a midget when the game gets tough..

schaub career 2 minute rating is <50 with more INTs than TDs...
You are entitled to your opinion .... But I got news for ya , your opinion sucks.

Oh by the way .... 33 points against the Aints on the road ....even if it was a loss ....

41 against the Tits in their place. They finished 9-7 , I hardly call them bum ass no matter how much I hate that team.

24 against the Jags .... who had a hell of a defense.

A win over a tough as nails Steelers team .... sure they only scored 17 but .... that steelers defense finished the season #1 is scoring defense allowing only 14.2ppg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah , kinda like tellin people in the NSZ anything .... their mind is made up even if its based off of bull****.

Threads like this give us a good guage as to who's posts to read .... and who's to just skip over and move on. I feel dumber just having read some of this stuff ....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read