Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-02-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Security investigation finds Saints sanctioned bounty program

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
NFL investigation of Saints began in 2010 when allegations were made that Saints targeted QBs such as Brett Favre and Kurt Warner.

Discipline for the Saints could include fines, suspensions and forfeiture of draft choices.

NFL determined that former Saints DC Gregg Williams administered the program with knowledge of other defensive coaches.

Investigation reviewed 18,000 documents totaling more than 50,000 pages. Commissioner Goodell will determine the discipline.

NFL security determined between 22 and 27 defensive players on the Saints, as well as at least one asst. coach, maintained a bounty program.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Security investigation finds Saints sanctioned bounty program

Buddy ball lives...
Old 03-02-2012   #3
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

The Saints are so screwed with the way the league and Goodell have been emphasizing player safety
Naiirb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #4
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114971 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Favre took one of the worst beatings I have ever seen in the playoff game against the Saints. I thought there DC was just being a dick but bounties are a whole different breed of animal
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

And their defense still sucked, go figure.

I'm still happy we never brought Gregg Williams here. Even if this had never happened. Over--rated *clap-clap, clap-clap-clap*
Old 03-02-2012   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Buddy ball lives...
Made me think of Jerry Glanville (even though I don't know if Glanville ever had an actual bounty system).
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Schefter -- A safe prediction: Saints will be disciplined far worse than the Patriots were for Spygate.*

Schefter on NFL Live: "In week of the NFC Championship Game, Jonathan Vilma put $10,000 on a table & said 'this goes to the guy that knocks out Brett Favre.'"

*NFL fined Patriots head coach Bill Belichick $500,000 (the maximum allowed by the league and the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 87-year history) for his role in the incident, fined the Patriots $250,000, and docked the team their original first-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft.
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2012   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow just heard about this
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad our team has the understanding that their salaries are enough money to knock a QB out.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I already despised the Saint's. This right here puts them in Cowboys, and Titans territory as far as my hate list.

Take their first round pick away.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I already despised the Saint's. This right here puts them in Cowboys, and Titans territory as far as my hate list.

I've warmed up to the Saints but the Packers and Giants will always be my favorite NFC teams.

I despise the Titans SO much that I actually find the Cowboys, their fans, and even the city of Dallas tolerable. I know that's crazy talk. lol - I can't stand the Titans and particularly Cortland Finnegan. Uggh
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #12
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't just hearsay as some of the Saints fans I have been reading want to believe. Greg Williams has come out and publicly apologized for this..

Quote:
Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has publicly apologized, hours after the NFL announced that Williams had violated league rules by orchestrating a system of bounties during his time on the staff of the Saints.

“I want to express my sincere regret and apology to the NFL, Mr. Benson, and the New Orleans Saints fans for my participation in the ‘pay for performance’ program while I was with the Saints,” Williams said. “It was a terrible mistake, and we knew it was wrong while we were doing it. Instead of getting caught up in it, I should have stopped it. I take full responsibility for my role. I am truly sorry. I have learned a hard lesson and I guarantee that I will never participate in or allow this kind of activity to happen again.”

Williams isn’t making any type of effort to deny or minimize his role in this: He broke the rules, he knows he broke the rules, and he knows consequences are coming.

The question now is what kind of consequences will be coming. The Saints are sure to be disciplined by the league office, but if the Rams lose their defensive coordinator to a lengthy suspension, then two teams will be directly affected by this still unfolding story.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rible-mistake/
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #13
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43675 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
we don't have one this year

looks like we won't have one next year, either

damn...

this offseason sucks. Epic defensive meltdown in the SF game. Brees's contract negotiations. Nicks's growing frustration with the lack of contract talks. Colston's impending FA. And now this.

I think I'm going to hibernate for a few months.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #14
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

On Twitter..

Quote:
Pat Kirwan ‏ @PatKirwanCBS

There could be lawsuits to follow by players injured in games against the Saints during the 2009-11 seasons.Lawers have been texting me
Retweeted by Adam Schefter
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh. Snap.

This not good. For the Saints and their fans.
Old 03-02-2012   #16
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43675 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Oh. Snap.

This not good. For the Saints and their fans.
It shouldn't be good for Williams, either.

he apparently did the same thing with the Redskins.

For me what separates it from Spygate is that I don't think the "every team does this" is true for spying w/ cameras, while players have come out and acknowledged that this kind of thing happens in lots of locker rooms.

Regardless, it's a ****ty tactic and I personally don't like it.

Sucks even more that the Saints will be the example.

This will probably be heavier than the Spygate penalties. And that blows.

But Williams should *not* be immune just because he's no longer in New Orleans.

This offseason can't end soon enough... and it just begun

sigh
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Player to @MarkMaske, talking about Gregg Williams: "If you took the star player out, he'd hook you up a little bit."

46m Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Williams has done it for years. RT @PostSports #Redskins had bounty system similar to one in #Saints investigation.

49m Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Washington Post reports Redskins had a bounty system for big hits on opponents under their former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
ESPN's John Clayton on #Saints: "I think you'll see multiple draft choices taken away ... Maybe 1st-rd pick next yr & another pick this yr."
Old 03-02-2012   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I've warmed up to the Saints but the Packers and Giants will always be my favorite NFC teams.

I despise the Titans SO much that I actually find the Cowboys, their fans, and even the city of Dallas tolerable. I know that's crazy talk. lol - I can't stand the Titans and particularly Cortland Finnegan. Uggh
I feel ya on the Titans hate, I'm right there with you. I don't think there is anything on the face of the Earth that could make me tolerate Cowboys fans, or anything to do with the city of Dallas though, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #19
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't it seem like the payments are a little on the small side? You are making 1+ million a year and you take only 1500 dollars to do something that can get you in a heap of trouble? They deserve to be punished for stupidity rather than actually hurting the players.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #20
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Take away their SB win, that would put a stop to this crap in the future.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read