Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-29-2012   #1
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Myers: "I want to remain a Texan"

Quote:
The Texans want Myers back, and the feeling is mutual. On SportsRadio 610 AM on Monday evening, Myers was asked about reports that the Green Bay Packers discussed him with his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

ďNews to me, man,Ē Myers said. ďI donít know what was going on. Iím just like anyone else reading that type of stuff, but it is what it is. In the long run, I want to be here in Houston, so thatís what Iíve been telling everybody when everyone asks me stuff, and thatís what it sums up to be. I want to be here. I want to see things through, and thatís the way it is. So thatís kind of the bottom line of my thinking.Ē
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-f0199adb9c2a
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Myers: "I want to remain a Texan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Myers: "I want to remain a Texan"
Cool. Prove it. Don't sign with the Cheeseheads or the Senators.

We're a little strapped for cap space ... work with us.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #3
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 15444 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Exactly. Of course he's going to say that. He's still currently a Texan.

No big shocker here...
Old 02-29-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard the interview and he pretty much said the same thing Mario said...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #5
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I heard the interview and he pretty much said the same thing Mario said...
That's how your agents' want your players to say. If they sign with original team, a player able to say "I wanted to stay and glad we came to an agreement". If they don't, " I wanted to stay but things didn't work out but I am looking forward to new opportunity". This way, a player is able to move on without hard feelings to the fans and city player left behind. Win, win situation for agents and players.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

/END Thread!!
Old 02-29-2012   #7
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario, Myers, whoever, they all say they want to stay and then they go else where if they can get more money. Why wouldn't they ? Wouldn't you ?
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-29-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
That's how your agents' want your players to say. If they sign with original team, a player able to say "I wanted to stay and glad we came to an agreement". If they don't, " I wanted to stay but things didn't work out but I am looking forward to new opportunity". This way, a player is able to move on without hard feelings to the fans and city player left behind. Win, win situation for agents and players.
Yep. This ^^^^^^
Old 02-29-2012   #9
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were in their shoes I would go to the highest bidder. Simple as that.
Old 03-01-2012   #10
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I seem to remember Jeff Posey saying the same thing.

He signed with Buffalo at 12:01am the day he was a free agent.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I seem to remember Jeff Posey saying the same thing.

He signed with Buffalo at 12:01am the day he was a free agent.
lol, your memory is still good at yer advanced age!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish radio stations would just record this generic answer to FA's and replay it everytime a guy's contract is up.
Old 03-01-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Or he could have just said nothing. I think Myers prefers to remain & will if he gets a decent deal.
Old 03-02-2012   #14
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how much credence you guys will give this, but a woman I go to church with is friends with the Myers family. It is my understanding, that even behind closed doors, Myers is still saying he'd like to stay in Houston and that we were a QB short of a Super Bowl ring last year.
Old 03-02-2012   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I don't know how much credence you guys will give this, but a woman I go to church with is friends with the Myers family. It is my understanding, that even behind closed doors, Myers is still saying he'd like to stay in Houston and that we were a QB short of a Super Bowl ring last year.
I' d say it's solid info but $ has turned many heads and it is his to go after or turn down.
Old 03-02-2012   #16
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 79596 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of these guys have been here for years and suffered some terrible times, so sticking it out and winning a championship is HUGE to many of these players. I honestly trust Myers and Mario when they say money is not everything. I think I believe Myers more, but Mario has always loved the city and gave so much to the fans and the city and he may feel home here and money is not his motivation....we will see soon
Old 03-02-2012   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't imagine Myers being so highly coveted by the rest of the NFL that we would not be able to match a contract offer given to him. I mean, most pundits/talking heads/fans of other teams think that the Texan running game is worth way more as a whole, than any parts individually. Things I've heard/read:

1. Foster wouldn't be nearly as dynamic in a non-ZBS scheme
2. Myers and Briesel would both get killed if put into schemes that did not make use of their athleticism
3. Duane Brown is great for a ZBS LT but is only above average in any other scheme.

I don't know, I would hate to lose any one of Myers, Foster, Briesel, but at the same time, is it worth paying those guys a significant portion of the cap when it has been proven that those kinds of players can be had in the mid rounds of the draft? The Texans coaching staff certainly know how to install a ZBS scheme now (Remember when we ran that hybrid ZBS and Power scheme when Sherman was the OC? God what a **** show that was).
Old 03-02-2012   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Why wouldn't he want to aside from money? Its a system that works very well with his physical tools, they don't ask him to hold the middle of the line one on one and ask him to work in space which he accelerates at.

I think if he wants to continue to be successful at a pro-bowl level if he doesn't stay here he needs to consider a similar system.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope he does remain with the team. I think he's sincere in saying this. What else would you expect him to say though? "I want to remain a Texan, but they better back the Brinks truck up to my house."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #20
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
lol, your memory is still good at yer advanced age!

Ya bastid!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read