Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-27-2012   #1
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WR Class

before the Combine this was my WR ranking:

1.a Blackmon
1.b Floyd
2 - Wright
3 - Jeffery
4 - Sanu
5 - Randle

after the combine

1 - Floyd
2 - Blackmon
3 - Wright
4 - Randle
5 - Jeffery

I think i over hyped sanu a bit.
i had him as a potential #1 WR but i think he ends up being a possession reciever

D. Jones has fallen
C. Givens posted poor numbers in the combine and has fallen

Wright didn't post the athletic numbers you would like but he has his pro day to work on that

Jeffery ... well we all know what happened to him

pretty much WR doesn't look like the great class we thought it was a couple of months ago
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
before the Combine this was my WR ranking:

1.a Blackmon
1.b Floyd
2 - Wright
3 - Jeffery
4 - Sanu
5 - Randle

after the combine

1 - Floyd
2 - Blackmon
3 - Wright
4 - Randle
5 - Jeffery

I think i over hyped sanu a bit.
i had him as a potential #1 WR but i think he ends up being a possession reciever

D. Jones has fallen
C. Givens posted poor numbers in the combine and has fallen

Wright didn't post the athletic numbers you would like but he has his pro day to work on that

Jeffery ... well we all know what happened to him

pretty much WR doesn't look like the great class we thought it was a couple of months ago
I think it's:

1 - Floyd
2 - Blackmon
3 - Wright

Then everybody else.

In other words if Texans can't land one of them trade down or choose another position of value.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Floyd and Blackmon are head and shoulders above the rest.

I like Wright, but I would prefer Sanu, McNutt, or Streeter in the second.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #4
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I think it's:

1 - Floyd
2 - Blackmon
3 - Wright

Then everybody else.

In other words if Texans can't land one of them trade down or choose another position of value.
couldn't agree more
Old 02-28-2012   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it would be wise to use the combine as only a tool of information. My focus is more on what I observed during games and what people I trust say about players. I agree with Beerlover in seeking trade down or more than likely a re-focus on position for first round.
Old 02-28-2012   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think it would be wise to use the combine as only a tool of information. My focus is more on what I observed during games and what people I trust say about players. I agree with Beerlover in seeking trade down or more than likely a re-focus on position for first round.
Great point. Most people go overboard with all the combine stuff. It's a great tool, but it isn't the only tool.
Old 02-28-2012   #7
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

the combine wasn't a major impact on my rankings its more a way of showing a time frame of the scouting process.
Sponsored links
Old 02-29-2012   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Here is how I list the guys at WR. Keep in mind, this isn't in order of how they will get drafted, but in how good I think they will eventually be.

1. Michael Floyd
2. Justin Blackmon
3. Rueben Randle
4. Mohamed Sanu
5. Kendall Wright
6. Dwight Jones
7. Ryan Broyles
8. Juron Criner
9. Marvin Jones
10. Tommy Streeter
11. Stephen Hill
12. Marvin McNutt
13. Alshon Jeffery
14. Nick Toon
15. A.J. Jenkins
Old 02-29-2012   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Here is how I list the guys at WR. Keep in mind, this isn't in order of how they will get drafted, but in how good I think they will eventually be.

1. Michael Floyd
2. Justin Blackmon
3. Rueben Randle
4. Mohamed Sanu
5. Kendall Wright
6. Dwight Jones
7. Ryan Broyles
8. Juron Criner
9. Marvin Jones
10. Tommy Streeter
11. Stephen Hill
12. Marvin McNutt
13. Alshon Jeffery
14. Nick Toon
15. A.J. Jenkins
Toon & Jeffrey way down there? Interested to here your thoughts on these 2 as i've said in other threads i think toon is going to be the steal of this WR class as i see very little difference between He and Floyd.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #10
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see us addressing the WR need until the third or fourth round unless someone drops and is a prospect we cant pass up. I see going BPA, but as Smith has said some are rated equally and then they hedge toward a position they feel could use improvement or depth. If that scenario arises, I see DB and OL as the hypothetical positions of need that take precedent over WR, and if Mario leaves then add OLB to that list.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Toon & Jeffrey way down there? Interested to here your thoughts on these 2 as i've said in other threads i think toon is going to be the steal of this WR class as i see very little difference between He and Floyd.
To me, Toon just looks like a guy. I like that he has great bloodlines and he doesn't mind blocking. But other than that he is average. Nothing really stands out to me. I think he will stick around the league for a long time, but I don't see him ever becoming a star.

I plain don't like Jeffrey. He strikes me as the kind of guy who has gotten by his whole life because of his athletic gifts. Well, everybody in the NFL is physically gifted. Will he put in the work to get better? I'm skeptical, and I've been seeing that other teams are as well based on his interviews. I think he is an exact replica of Mike Williams, who came out of USC and was the #10 pick in the 05' draft. Williams isn't an awful player, but I'll pass on a 1st round pick who has 5 TDs in six seasons.
Old 02-29-2012   #12
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Floyd is far and away the best WR in the draft this year, IMO. Would love to get him, but it's not happening. I could live with a guy like McNutt or Sanu in the 2nd though.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #13
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Why has all the air run out of the Blackmon balloon lately? Most of the big draft guys are starting to knock him too.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Yep, way down there.
Old 03-01-2012   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yep, way down there.
i take it you agree with Bah?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Why has all the air run out of the Blackmon balloon lately? Most of the big draft guys are starting to knock him too.
Because he's not 6'3" 220lbs.
Old 03-02-2012   #17
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Because he's not 6'3" 220lbs.
Because he reminds a lot of people of Crabtree.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #18
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...9-a0445b82f5a9

towards the end of the interview, mcnair was asked how where and what kind of WR houston will target.

He responded with in the draft and put a lot of emphasis on speed.
Said the guys in FA a similar to what we have already and again we need more speed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read