Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-27-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default GB illegally talking to HOU C Myers

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-headlines?r=1

@Rotoworld_FB
Report: Packers flirting with center Myers dlvr.it/1FbRYB

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the Packers discussed free agent C Chris Myers with his representatives "in one of the technically illegal but nonetheless widespread meetings" at the Combine.
The Journal-Sentinel's venerable NFL writer, Bob McGinn, insists nearly every re-signing and free agent signing in March "germinates" from the "supposedly illegal cub-agent meetings in Indy." Pro Football Focus' top-rated 2011 center, Myers makes sense for Green Bay as a replacement for fellow under-sized zone-blocker Scott Wells. It's conceivable that sources leaked the talks to tempt Wells into lowering his reported $7.5 million asking price.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #2
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: GB illegally talking to HOU C Myers

I think they should hand us their first round pick for such a travesty.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
I think they should hand us their first round pick for such a travesty.
Or their QB.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #4
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Schaub and the Texans beat Rodgers and the Packers the last time they played? I remember the Texans rolling up over 500 yards of total offense at Lambaeu Field. I'm excited that they play in Reliant this season.
Old 02-27-2012   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Didn't Schaub and the Texans beat Rodgers and the Packers the last time they played? I remember the Texans rolling up over 500 yards of total offense at Lambaeu Field. I'm excited that they play in Reliant this season.
Schaub holds the record for most passing yards by a visiting QB in Lambeau and it was the coldest game played that season. But he is a suck system QB.
Old 02-27-2012   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one that thinks Myers is leaving for "greener" pastures? That was a joke not a packers joke....

If I can find the link I'll post it but when he was traded he didn't sound thrilled about being in Houston, I don't think he wanted to leave Denver. Then we ripped him a new one for the better part of 2 years and now? He's probably gonna get an offer from Oakland (Knapp), probably get one from Shanahan unless they have a C already, Green Bay and let's not forget he's from Miami....

And Houston is up against the salary cap. He might pull a Vonta. Make a probowl then make some scrilla elsewhere.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2012   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Myers is leaving for "greener" pastures? That was a joke not a packers joke....

If I can find the link I'll post it but when he was traded he didn't sound thrilled about being in Houston, I don't think he wanted to leave Denver. Then we ripped him a new one for the better part of 2 years and now? He's probably gonna get an offer from Oakland (Knapp), probably get one from Shanahan unless they have a C already, Green Bay and let's not forget he's from Miami....

And Houston is up against the salary cap. He might pull a Vonta. Make a probowl then make some scrilla elsewhere.
I think that is a good possibility.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

Wouldn't surprise me. We're likely to lose at least one of our top players this offseason (Mario, Myers, or Foster). Good teams find a way to have another guy step up. Hopefully we're able to keep them all, but if not I hope we can find another quality C somewhere.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah lance mentioned this morning that supposedly up to 5 teams have been batting their eyes at Briesel too...not good for us.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #11
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if it comes to losing one or both, Konz looks good in the draft and whilst Caldwell wasn't convincing whilst having to start this season just gone I'm sure he'd be a lot better with a full off season of first team reps.

Thats just looking on the bright side, the less optimistic side of me believes we've found the right mix on the O-line and that those players are products of the system as a whole.

I personally don't see them having the same success elsewhere and I really hope the market doesn't price us out of retaining these guys who we've made into what they are. I also see guys taking 2 or 3 years to get to where they need to be in our system (Myers, Briesel, D. Brown) which is a worry to me for the immediate future.

Ahh what the hell. Next man up!...but keep your mitts off our starters!...but next man up!!
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #12
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd franchise Myers. Yup. said it. Work a deal with Foster, let Mario walk, give Breisel a decent offer.
Old 02-27-2012   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Wouldn't surprise me. We're likely to lose at least one of our top players this offseason (Mario, Myers, or Foster). Good teams find a way to have another guy step up. Hopefully we're able to keep them all, but if not I hope we can find another quality C somewhere.
I read yesterday that Washington just re-signed their starting Center for 4 years. So they are likely out of the Myers sweepstakes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-agree-to-deal
Old 02-27-2012   #14
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I read yesterday that Washington just re-signed their starting Center for 4 years. So they are likely out of the Myers sweepstakes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-agree-to-deal

Montgomery
Montgomery played well for the Redskins in 2011, and he moved over to left guard for a while to fill in due to injury. But the Redskins believe they can upgrade on the offensive line, and there's no guarantee Montgomery's the starting center again in 2012. If they find a center they like better in free agency or in the draft, there's a chance Montgomery could move to guard or to a utility linemen position from which he backs up several positions. Left guard Kory Lichtensteiger is also a free agent and recovering from injury.
Old 02-27-2012   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Losing Chris Myers?

Old 02-27-2012   #16
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am on board with franchising Myers.

Try to extend him after the tag. He is too critical to the running game to let him go.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Just who and why would any team do this?
Old 02-27-2012   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

We're gonna end up drafting an O-lineman with our first...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Montgomery
Montgomery played well for the Redskins in 2011, and he moved over to left guard for a while to fill in due to injury. But the Redskins believe they can upgrade on the offensive line, and there's no guarantee Montgomery's the starting center again in 2012. If they find a center they like better in free agency or in the draft, there's a chance Montgomery could move to guard or to a utility linemen position from which he backs up several positions. Left guard Kory Lichtensteiger is also a free agent and recovering from injury.
Well he started all 16 games for them this year at Center. I don't know why they would go out and sign a Center, hoping Montgomery can move to Guard when there are good free agent guards out there. The Redskins have a ton of money to spend in free agency, they could get Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs if they wanted to and still go after Peyton and Wayne. They should definitely do that instead of going for Myers...
Old 02-27-2012   #20
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
We're gonna end up drafting an O-lineman with our first...
Is this a bad thing? Great teams are built with great play in the trenches.

People booed the Watt pick last year and the Brown pick a few years before. Just shows their ignorance when it comes to building a football team.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read