Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-07-2012   #101
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak says Schaub should be full-speed by May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Finally, if he does indeed "Tell his agent to just make it happen", he has then put the process in the hands of the one participant who is motivated almost exclusively by money.
However, the agent would have to do as Peyton requested, and would make plenty of money from his cut of Peyton's endorsements.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #102
krocket
Rookie

Rep Power: 135 krocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respectedkrocket is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Would this team wreck the salary cap for Peyton Manning and not Mario Williams? There's two big "If's" for the Texans and Peyton Manning:

"If" Manning is healthy.
"If" Manning is willing to play for a significantly less amount of money than other teams would pay him.

If you can imagine all of that working out in the Texans favor then sure, sign Manning win superbowls.
Personally, if Peyton is able to play at a high level I don't think we need Matt Schaub or Mario Williams. That ought to give us ample room to sign PM and Reggie Wayne as #2. We played very well without Mario and although I would rather keep him. I just don't think we can anyway. That should give us 20mil or so to play with. Your 2 ifs are absolute requirements and I thought that would be understood.

BTW I heard on Total Access I think today that the Manning family is not eager for Peyton to play in the NFC because of Bro vs. Bro problems. On the other hand they would love for them to meet in the SB. So I don't think Peyton is going anywhere that he doesn't think will get to the SB in the next 2 years.
krocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #103
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by krocket View Post
Personally, if Peyton is able to play at a high level I don't think we need Matt Schaub or Mario Williams. That ought to give us ample room to sign PM and Reggie Wayne as #2. We played very well without Mario and although I would rather keep him. I just don't think we can anyway. That should give us 20mil or so to play with. Your 2 ifs are absolute requirements and I thought that would be understood.
If we were able to land Peyton (a healthy; capable Peyton) & Reggie Wayne (or Garcon, or hell, even Hines Ward), that would be one helluvah off-season.

I wouldn't mind going defense heavy again, or straight BPA in the draft.
Old 03-07-2012   #104
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we were able to land Peyton (a healthy; capable Peyton) & Reggie Wayne (or Garcon, or hell, even Hines Ward), that would be one helluvah off-season.

I wouldn't mind going defense heavy again, or straight BPA in the draft.
Manning is old and coming off multiple neck surgeries and Wayne is old and past his prime.

I like the core group of guys we got and I think bringing in someone like Wayne or Manning destroys what we got going on. This is a build through the draft team.

What we need to do is worry about signing Mario and Meyers. Getting those two signed would mean we had a hell of an off season.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #105
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Manning is old and coming off multiple neck surgeries and Wayne is old and past his prime.

I like the core group of guys we got and I think bringing in someone like Wayne or Manning destroys what we got going on. This is a build through the draft team.

What we need to do is worry about signing Mario and Meyers. Getting those two signed would mean we had a hell of an off season.
Bringing in Reggie Wayne would destroy what we have goin on? And Foster was an UDFA btw.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #106
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You do realize that the procedure Manning had done...players return and continue to play without the type of risk that you think would inherently occur.

The type of injury Matt sustained, it's the opposite.

You have the risk/reward scenario backwards. There's a better chance of Manning playing 3 or 4 more years than Schaub (a) returning at all, and (b) being a QB1 in the NFL in 2013.

Not trying to advocate us acquiring Manning, just saying that he has a much, much better chance than Schaub in the NFL now.
I wouldn't say better, even maybe. NFL players age in dog years. In fact if Manning were a dog we would have said a few kind words, shed a few tears, and put him down while he slept. There have been QB's in this league that have been a man of his age and still won a superbowl, I just don't think any that were his age (and I could be wrong) were able to pick up, move to a new team with new players, coach's, and schemes and been able to perform at a high level.

Old 03-07-2012   #107
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Bringing in Reggie Wayne would destroy what we have goin on? And Foster was an UDFA btw.
Foster was a UDFA signed after the draft ended. He was not a veteran FA.

Wayne ranks up there with Eric Moulds. I would much rather see us draft a WR in the draft and bring up LeStar Jean, who was also a UDFA.

Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2012   #108
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Foster was a UDFA signed after the draft ended. He was not a veteran FA.

Wayne ranks up there with Eric Moulds. I would much rather see us draft a WR in the draft and bring up LeStar Jean, who was also a UDFA.
I understand Moulds wasn't all that as a Texan, but a lot of that, IMO, had to do with Carr..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #109
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I understand Moulds wasn't all that as a Texan, but a lot of that, IMO, had to do with Carr..
I'm the first one to blame everything on Carr...I think even the Myans has some script about Carr dooming the Texans with an apocalyptic pick, but Moulds couldn't beat Chris Myers in a 40 yard dash when he was with the Texans (hyperbole).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #110
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm the first one to blame everything on Carr...I think even the Myans has some script about Carr dooming the Texans with an apocalyptic pick, but Moulds couldn't beat Chris Myers in a 40 yard dash when he was with the Texans (hyperbole).
(hyperbole) OR NOT, there is a certain amount of, WELL a hellavu lot amount of truth to that... Eric Moulds was (in my best Charles Barkley voice), "just Tuuuuurbble"!!!

The Bills knew something. Apparently our Front Office DI' iNT!!!!
Old 03-07-2012   #111
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

No reason we can't bring Wayne, LeStar, & Stephen Hill...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read