Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-26-2012   #41
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak says Schaub should be full-speed by May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
now if he could just master clock mgmt & learn when to toss that challenge flag...
Everybody was so busy ooh'ing and ahh'ing over JJ Watt's awesome interception in the Bengals playoff game that I think they missed how much Kubiak out-coached Marvin Lewis.

I don't think I've ever seen Kubiak so smart with the red flag, time outs, etc. than in that game. It was a thing of beauty. Marvin burned two timeouts on failed challenges. The Bengals were going to try something sneaky on a 4th down and Kubiak calls timeout because he sees it unfolding.

It was hands down the best ass whoopin' Kubiak has delivered to an opposing HC. Well, maybe the sweep of Del Rio this year is a fitting candidate too. That was like cutting off a snake's head.
Old 02-26-2012   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I believe nothing that Gary or the Texans medical staff says when it comes to severity of injuries.

History has made me feel this way.
They did well with the Briesel and Manning leg injuries, but nothing else they do has me interested in believing their reports and predictions.

All this "Schaub wants to play golf" is pre-draft babble, IMO. It's designed to put a thought into the heads of opposing GMs on multiple levels. Which is good.
Old 02-26-2012   #43
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cnd said that if Manning played with the deep bone bruise he could fracture the bone. If it wasn't already fractured. He said it usually takes 10-14 days to see if there is a fracture that had occurred after the original injury. Once again CND was spot on.

In the Manning case regardless of whether Manning had suffered a fracture or not he shouldn't have been playing with a bad bone bruise. So I give the Texans med staff no kudos on handling that injury properly.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #44
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Kubiak says Schaub should be full-speed by May.

Schaub did say he was ahead of schedule a few weeks after the surgery. I just want him healthy for training camp myself.....I know he said he was looking foward to being out there for training camp and was chomping at the bit waiting for it. I think Schaub comes back and has a big year this year......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Schaub did say he was ahead of schedule a few weeks after the surgery. I just want him healthy for training camp myself.....I know he said he was looking foward to being out there for training camp and was chomping at the bit waiting for it. I think Schaub comes back and has a big year this year......
Hope you're right.

If healthy he should have a big yr.
Old 02-26-2012   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Cnd said that if Manning played with the deep bone bruise he could fracture the bone. If it wasn't already fractured. He said it usually takes 10-14 days to see if there is a fracture that had occurred after the original injury. Once again CND was spot on.

In the Manning case regardless of whether Manning had suffered a fracture or not he shouldn't have been playing with a bad bone bruise. So I give the Texans med staff no kudos on handling that injury properly.
To clarify what I said:

I didn't mean they handled the bone bruise prior to the fracture properly.

I just meant that when he was out for the three weeks, the report or prediction from the Texans was that he'd be out that amount of time. Usually, they say a player will be back on a certain date and it's not until much later after that date we see them back on the field.
Old 02-26-2012   #47
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
To clarify what I said:

I didn't mean they handled the bone bruise prior to the fracture properly.

I just meant that when he was out for the three weeks, the report or prediction from the Texans was that he'd be out that amount of time. Usually, they say a player will be back on a certain date and it's not until much later after that date we see them back on the field.
I think that's SteelB's point. They miss more often than they hit on these "he should be out X number of weeks" predictions/declarations.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2012   #48
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think that's SteelB's point. They miss more often than they hit on these "he should be out X number of weeks" predictions/declarations.
Yes and no.

Yes, they miss more than they hit. No, he was thinking about how they should have held him out so that the bruise didn't matriculate into a fracture.

My point was that on THESE TWO INSTANCES (Manning and Briesel) they set a return date that actually happened when they said it would. I, for one, was not expecting them to back that soon...I figured it was a bullschit return date for Manning. But when Manning WAS back in about 3 weeks, I rested easier knowing Briesel would be back in the same about of time too.

Other than that, you just cannot trust the Texans to be either (a) correct in their timetable for return, or (b) freely giving that information out due to playing head games with opponents, or (c) both A and B at the same time! LOL.
Old 02-28-2012   #49
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

All I'm saying is...I've still got a D. Davis #37 in Battle Red somewhere at the back of my wardrobe. And he was going to be good to go by training camp too.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #50
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
All I'm saying is...I've still got a D. Davis #37 in Battle Red somewhere at the back of my wardrobe.
I have a white Carr field jersey (Reebok with the cuffs on the sleeves ... actual game jersey) unopened still in the plastic. My jersey is sadder than your jersey.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #51
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans @MSchaub8 on 610am. Walking, no boot, hardware out of foot in April, on target. Will do OTAs-tho avoid drills he could get stepped on
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #52
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Texans @MSchaub8 on 610am. Walking, no boot, hardware out of foot in April, on target. Will do OTAs-tho avoid drills he could get stepped on
Thanks. I caught the very end but seemed positive and that is all we have to go on.
Old 02-28-2012   #53
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Thanks. I caught the very end but seemed positive and that is all we have to go on.
Yup. That's all we have to go on.

As I told someone in a PM last week, I'm paying no attention to what they say, but will pay a lot of attention to what they do.

They draft a QB in the early rounds, we'll know that things aren't all that "rosy".
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #54
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yup. That's all we have to go on.

As I told someone in a PM last week, I'm paying no attention to what they say, but will pay a lot of attention to what they do.

They draft a QB in the early rounds, we'll know that things aren't all that "rosy".
How would you feel if the Texans were the mystery team in the RG3 sweepstakes.

I would be estatic and I'm a Schaub guy.

RG3 is going to be really special.
Old 02-28-2012   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
All I'm saying is...I've still got a D. Davis #37 in Battle Red somewhere at the back of my wardrobe. And he was going to be good to go by training camp too.
To be fair, DD was drafted to be a third down back. He went on to give the Texans way more than they ever expected, BUT (and I like big butts and I can not lie.. Dread-Head won't deny), had a degenerative knee from the jump, IIRC. He was on borrowed time as it was.
Old 02-28-2012   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
How would you feel if the Texans were the mystery team in the RG3 sweepstakes.

I would be estatic and I'm a Schaub guy.

RG3 is going to be really special.
We've got three QBs on our roster. Schaub, Leinart, & Tj..... I doubt we look for a QB, unless they don't expect him to play at all in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
To be fair, DD was drafted to be a third down back. He went on to give the Texans way more than they ever expected, BUT (and I like big butts and I can not lie.. Dread-Head won't deny), had a degenerative knee from the jump, IIRC. He was on borrowed time as it was.
I believe his point was that the Texans said he would be ready by training camp & the man didn't touch the ball in TC much less the season.
Old 02-28-2012   #57
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

After losing two 5ths of the OL makes this very doubtful.

I think RG3 is a once in a generation type player.
Old 02-28-2012   #58
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After losing two 5ths of the OL makes this very doubtful.

Twice in a generation.

I'm counting Cam Newton as his equal.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #59
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They said the same thing about Vince Young.

RG3 is expected to go as high as #2. We're at #26. You wouldn't like what we'd have to give up to get him. More than likely this year's entire draft plus part of next year's, plus a good player. Nope, you wouldn't like the terms.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #60
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
They said the same thing about Vince Young.

RG3 is expected to go as high as #2. We're at #26. You wouldn't like what we'd have to give up to get him. More than likely this year's entire draft plus part of next year's, plus a good player. Nope, you wouldn't like the terms.
Dont need him . Keep the O-line in-tact, keep Mario if financially possible, improve the secondary and O-line depth, grab a WR prospect, and maybe a QB prospect or sign a cheap FA. Matt will start, Yates will be starting before the year ends (I predicted Yates in by week 10 last year on the Texans MB ... missed it by a week), unless Peyton just calls Gary and says "I'll play for the minimum on a three year deal with a 20m bonus only if we win the SB ... get ready for three rings". C'mon!, it could happen. Seriously it isnt time to mortgage the farm for RGIII. We are a run first offense, and it worked well last year. Lock up Arian and lets go to work.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read