Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Keenum In The 5th Or 6th Round?
Like 7 46.67%
Don't Like 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2012   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Keenum In The 5th Or 6th Round?

Poll on the way.
Old 02-18-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum In The 5th Or 6th Round?

Definitely, but not before the 5th, and only if we lose Lienart or if Schaub is not expected to play next year.
Old 02-18-2012   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

He is my 6th pick, Gary.
Old 02-18-2012   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take a chance on him.
Old 02-18-2012   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'd take a chance on him.
regardless of "system" his stats are astronomical. He does know how to throw a pass. Yards per attempt almost 9.5 and TDs 48 to only 5 INTs is sick.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...81/case-keenum
Old 02-19-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

What's the point? Are we looking for the next Tony Romo or Tj Yates?

If we're looking for a career back-up, I can see it. If we're looking for Schaub insurance..... we need someone who won't make it past the 2nd round.
Old 02-19-2012   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Every year this board becomes enamored w a Texas kid and how we should draft him. To date none of them have panned out to be better than what we have.

This kid was a great college system QB. How many times has that translated into the NFL? I'm sure we'll see him lighting up the arena league real soon.

Just saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2012   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts may like Luck's atheticism and "potential" enough to take him.
They might decide they like RG III a little better due to his overall quickness both with his arms and legs.

But they will be smart if they take Keenum with their #1 pick.
I hope they don't.

This kid has top football IQ - it's way off the chart.
The next Drew Brees here.

The only downside is he needs to be careful not to subject himself to uneccessary hits.

This comes from a guy (me) who had correctly assessed Newton as the #1 pick last year and Gabbert not worthy of first round status.

The Colts offense also fits Keenum's game very well while Luck is more suited to the Texans'.

I will really hate to see the Colts draft him.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
They might decide they like RG III a little better due to his overall quickness both with his arms and legs.

I hope they don't.
Smart would be taking Blackmon or Kalil; heck, even Coples(?) with their first & Keenum with their second.
Old 02-19-2012   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hope they don't.
Smart? Keenum isn't a highly rated QB prospect in this draft as far as I'm aware. Taking Keenum in the first would be the ultimate reach. Why would they do that? If they want Keenum they can have him...in the 3rd day of the draft.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Smart would be taking Blackmon or Kalil; heck, even Coples(?) with their first & Keenum with their second.
That would be too scary to think about.

Keenum and that NO offensive line (with a couple of years under his belt), the Saints won't miss Drew Brees.
I believed Brees was the first pick in the second round back then.

The Colts with Blackmon in there will be trouble as well.
Keenum isn't going to waste too much time in the pocket.
But either Blackmon or a good O-lineman would turn that offense around pretty quickly with Keenum in there.
Old 02-19-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Smart? Keenum isn't a highly rated QB prospect in this draft as far as I'm aware. Taking Keenum in the first would be the ultimate reach. Why would they do that? If they want Keenum they can have him...in the 3rd day of the draft.
We'll see.
I'm pretty confident my statement will be closer to reality comes draft day (baring injury os some sort of unexpected set back.)

If Keenum has the size of Luck, he would be a no-brainer as the #1 overall pick.
Old 02-19-2012   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

All three just might be very good in the NFL.
Old 02-19-2012   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
We'll see.
I'm pretty confident my statement will be closer to reality comes draft day (baring injury os some sort of unexpected set back.)

If Keenum has the size of Luck, he would be a no-brainer as the #1 overall pick.
76...... old friend, what are you doing?

No one sees Keenum as a First round pick much less a #1 overall. Regardless how well you think he grades out in comparison, even if the Colts felt the same way, they would wait for him in the second round... just makes more sense.

Even if they miss, but trust me no one is going to take Keenum in the first, they can still get Foles from Arizona or Maybe even Tannehill will fall.

I understand you do your own analysis.... as do the 32 teams. But unless there is reason to believe Keenum is going to be a 1st round pick by some team..... the smart thing is to wait & get him in the second; not take him with the #1 overall.

I can't imagine what Keenum can do between now & the draft to make him a #1 overall pick over Luck & RGIII.
Old 02-19-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
76...... old friend, what are you doing?

No one sees Keenum as a First round pick much less a #1 overall. Regardless how well you think he grades out in comparison, even if the Colts felt the same way, they would wait for him in the second round... just makes more sense.

Even if they miss, but trust me no one is going to take Keenum in the first, they can still get Foles from Arizona or Maybe even Tannehill will fall.

I understand you do your own analysis.... as do the 32 teams. But unless there is reason to believe Keenum is going to be a 1st round pick by some team..... the smart thing is to wait & get him in the second; not take him with the #1 overall.

I can't imagine what Keenum can do between now & the draft to make him a #1 overall pick over Luck & RGIII.
I never said that Keenum is a sure first rounder (and only due to his size.)
All I know is that each team wants to have a franchise QB.
I see Keenum as a franchise QB.
A team with a spread offense will do well taking a long look at his game tapes.

So far, all we hear is from people who are not in the war room of any NFL team.
If there's any sound coming from those rooms, they are the normal smoke and mirror stuffs.
Old 02-19-2012   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

We're still talking about a 6th Year Senior that's projected to be a 7th/FA right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
We're still talking about a 6th Year Senior that's projected to be a 7th/FA right?
Not me!
Old 02-19-2012   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Texans will not be looking for a Schaub replacement or even his immediate back up. They should be looking for a competitor for Yates. A late round Keenum can throw up a pas or two. He historically has favored one half of field but that is only a training issue.
Old 02-19-2012   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

You just never know how a pick will work out good or bad.
Old 02-19-2012   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum may be a very good QB at the next level, but taking him with the #1 overall is not "smart"...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read