Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-16-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Williams taking "whatever happens, happens” approach

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-fe781ac241c6

The biggest question of the Texans’ offseason is what will happen with the man who is, literally and figuratively, one of their biggest players: Mario Williams.

Williams, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2006 draft and a two-time Pro Bowler, will become an unrestricted free agent on March 13. He is the Texans’ all-time leader in sacks with 53 and an imposing physical specimen of an outside linebacker at 6-6, 285 pounds, but he spent the final 11 games of last season on injured reserve while the Texans finished second in the NFL in defense under Wade Phillips.

On Thursday, Williams discussed how he feels about his impending free agency.

“It’s football and it’s a business,” he said. “To me, I’ve really been focused on getting back to my full strength and healthy, so I haven’t really paid too much attention on it because it’s something that just hasn’t come. Coach (Gary) Kubiak, he told me from day one after the season ended, it’s a process and just let it take its place and don’t worry about it, so that’s all I’ve been doing is just really focusing on getting healthy.”

Williams, 27, said he is 100 percent after a torn pectoral muscle ended his 2011 season in Week 5. He has been working out at Reliant Stadium on a daily basis. He said he has not paid attention to the hoopla surrounding his situation, instead passing the time by playing Xbox at his home in West Houston.

“I’m doing great,” he said. “I had a very speedy recovery. It was unfortunate that I couldn’t have been a part of the team on the field, but I’m doing great and everything’s looking good right now.”

But the speculation about Williams’ future has been building, and the questions are many.

For instance, is it Williams’ first choice to be in Houston?

“Well, you know, I mean, I love it here,” he said. “We’ve got everything we need here. The team is obviously right where it needs to be at, and we were a couple plays away from getting to the Super Bowl, I feel like. So I definitely – the pieces fit, but once again, you know, it’s part of the business, so whatever happens, happens.”

Would Williams consider signing with the Texans before free agency begins, or does he want to test the open market?

“It’s just part of the process, like I said,” he said. “It’s just one of those things that I have to go through. The draft is coming up, and I think the Combine and all that stuff, so I know they’ve got a lot of things on their plate. So to me, I’m just waiting. It’s just part of being in this position and I’m just waiting for it. I don’t know what’s going to happen, personally.”

Is Williams intent on trying to become the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history?

“I’m not worried about that,” Williams said. “Money is money at the end of the day, and it’s really not that big of a deal for me. Whatever best fits for myself and the team, whichever it may be, then so be it. I’m not focused on telling my agent (Ben Dogra), ‘Hey, do this or do that because I want to be the highest paid player, bla bla.’ You know, I was the first pick, so I’ve had everything I’ve ever really wanted already, so my biggest thing is just being in a good position, being in a good fit, being in a good scheme or system and just being able to continue my career and progress.

“My goal isn’t to go and say, ‘I want to be this and that’ or say, ‘I want this and that.’ It’s just whatever’s out of respect for the position and whatever you bring to the team I feel like is adequate.”

Last offseason, much was made about Williams’ transition from 4-3 defensive end to 3-4 outside linebacker. Many pundits wrote him off as being too big for the position.

Williams wound up with five sacks in five games – actually, four and less than one full quarter – before tearing his pec against the Oakland Raiders. It was a small sample size, but Williams is excited about the progress he made under Phillips.

“It was great,” he said. “I crawled before I could walk in the preseason. I just took it real slow, and then whenever the live bullets started shooting, it was all in. Everything worked out. We were doing great, and I was adjusting to the position and then all of a sudden, this happened with my pec, but I feel great. 3-4, 4-3, it really doesn’t matter.

“Coach Phillips is phenomenal, and just the way that he motivates us and the way that he puts us in positions to make plays, there’s ample opportunity for everything.”

Having been with the Texans for six seasons, Williams has developed a close relationship with the fans in Houston, and with Kubiak, who also arrived in 2006. Williams was Kubiak’s first draft pick, a controversial No. 1 overall selection over Reggie Bush and Vince Young.

“Obviously, everything from the beginning was a little rough, for myself and Coach,” Williams said. “We were both new here and with the draft and all the other stuff that was going on, but the city has completely turned around. I love it here. The fans here, every day – especially now – I go out, people are talking to me, wanting autographs or whatever and asking about the contract and I tell ‘em I don’t know anything and they think I’m lying, but I really don’t know anything. But the fanbase has been phenomenal here over my six years.

“And Coach Kubiak, he’s just at another level, man. I can honestly say I love him to death. He’s a great guy and I wish nothing but the best for him, and I’m sure every player does as well.”

Whether that sentimentality plays a role in Williams’ decision-making this offseason remains to be seen. The Richlands, N.C., native said it would mean “a lot” if he were able to work things out with the Texans and continue his career in Houston, which he now considers to be his home.

In the meantime, Williams will continue to pass the time by doing what he’s been doing. Asked if this is a nervous time or exciting time for him, he replied, laughing as he did so, “It’s an Xbox time.”

“That’s the way I deal with it,” he said. “It’s something that I feel like it’s a process and it’s part of football and it’s part of being in my position. Honestly, I come (to Reliant Stadium), train, work out and play Xbox. That’s about it. I think more people know more about this than I do. I don’t see the TV, I don’t read the paper.

“At this point, I’m really not even worried about it. Like I said, whatever’s going to happen is going to happen, so I just take it one day at a time and not really worry about it.“
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #2
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Williams taking "whatever happens, happens” approach

Mario Williams says top-dollar deal not his goal as he hopes to remain with Texans

Becoming the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history is not outside linebacker Mario Williams’ goal as he approaches unrestricted free agency on March 13.

The Texans are trying to create enough salary cap space to make Williams an offer impressive enough to get him to sign a new long-term contract before free agency begins. If Williams hits the open market, there are teams with so much cap room and such a desperate need for pass rushers that he could end up with the largest contract of any defensive player in league history.

“I’m not worried about that,” Williams said Thursday. “It’s really not that big of a deal to me.

“I was the first pick (2006), and I’ve already had everything I really wanted, so my biggest thing is to be in a good position, a good scheme, a good system and continuing my career. Hopefully, it works out.

“It’s always important to be in a position to be successful. That comes with teammates around you, coaching, having that winning attitude. You want to (play) where you can thrive no matter where you are.”

Williams knows the Texans are cap strapped. He also knows that owner Bob McNair, general manager Rick Smith and coach Gary Kubiak have made him the team’s top priority.

“I love it here,” Williams said. “We’ve got everything we need here. The team is right where it needs to be. The pieces fit, but it’s part of business. Whatever happens, happens.”

Williams’ original six-year, $54 million contract expires next month. He earned $18 million last season. The Texans aren’t likely to use the franchise designation on him because it would be about $22.9 million, and they can’t afford that kind of cap hit.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen,” Williams said. “I haven’t heard anything. I don’t know what their intentions are.”

Their intentions are to clear up enough cap room to make Williams an offer that might be good enough to get his name on the dotted line.

At some point soon, agent Ben Dogra will start negotiating with Smith and vice president of administration Chris Olsen.

“I’m not focused on telling my agent, ‘Hey, do this or do that because I want to be the highest-paid (defensive) player,” Williams said. “It’s whatever fits best for myself and the team.

“They (Texans) have to do their thing. I know they have a lot on their plate getting ready for the combine and draft. So I’m just waiting. That’s part of being in this position. I tell my agent to just let me know what’s going on. Whatever he hears he’ll tell me. Once I’m told something (concrete), then we’ll sit down and talk about it. I’m not really worried about it.”

Williams would love for the Texans to make him an offer that’s good enough to keep him in Houston.

“This is home,” he said. “Everything that’s happened here has made such an impact on my life. It’s been great. Hopefully, it continues with whatever decision they make.

“It’s football, and it’s business. I’ve been focused on getting healthy. Coach Kubiak – and I love coach Kubiak to death — told me after the season that it’s a process, and let it play itself out, and that’s what I’ve been doing. I’ve been focused on getting healthy.”

Williams had five sacks in the first five games before suffering the season-ending injury to his pectoral muscle. He said he’s been 100 percent for the last two weeks. He’s been

following the same routine since the season ended.

“I’m doing great,” he said. “I’ve made a speedy recovery. I come to (Reliant Stadium) and work out, eat and play X Box. This is X Box time for me. I don’t watch TV or read the paper.

“I think people know about this more than I do. When I go out, people ask me about my contract, and I tell them I don’t know anything, and they think I’m lying, but it’s true. “I’ve been blessed to be in this position. My head’s spinning (but) I’m pretty much relaxing and enjoying the process.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...medium=twitter
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

If it's possible, we might just be able to keep this man.

Then again, I still don't think he's gone, so...
Old 02-16-2012   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

hope im wrong but that sounded like a farewell interview to me esp in parts like 'wishing nothing but the best for coach kubiak'..... doesnt exactly sound like something you'd say to the coach of a team you were expecting to return to
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #5
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of curious, but I also heard Mario Williams say he felt 100 % two weeks before the playoffs started. I'm almost wondering how serious the injury actually was? He seemed ready to go towards the end of the season but I'm not a doctor so I could be way off his recovering time. It's good that he's saying he's 100 % again and working out.
Old 02-16-2012   #6
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
hope im wrong but that sounded like a farewell interview to me esp in parts like 'wishing nothing but the best for coach kubiak'..... doesnt exactly sound like something you'd say to the coach of a team you were expecting to return to
It sounded kinda like a farewell to me also. I wish him luck no matter where he goes.

And BTW, he sure did mention playing XBOX alot. I wonder what his gamertag is.
Old 02-16-2012   #7
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Rick Smith will still consider using the franchise tag on Mario Williams? I realize it would be extremely hard to make it work under the salary cap, but I'd like to have Mario locked up for 2012 even before talking numbers when it comes to re-signing Chris Myers. I really don't want to lose Mario Williams.
Old 02-16-2012   #8
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
IFor instance, is it Williams’ first choice to be in Houston?

“Well, you know, I mean, I love it here,” he said. “We’ve got everything we need here. The team is obviously right where it needs to be at, and we were a couple plays away from getting to the Super Bowl, I feel like. So I definitely – the pieces fit, but once again, you know, it’s part of the business, so whatever happens, happens.”
His answer wasn't YES.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4S7jafRlJ0
Old 02-16-2012   #10
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams on being the highest paid player...

Quote:
“I’m not worried about that,” Williams said. “Money is money at the end of the day, and it’s really not that big of a deal for me. Whatever best fits for myself and the team, whichever it may be, then so be it. I’m not focused on telling my agent (Ben Dogra), ‘Hey, do this or do that because I want to be the highest paid player, bla bla.’ You know, I was the first pick, so I’ve had everything I’ve ever really wanted already, so my biggest thing is just being in a good position, being in a good fit, being in a good scheme or system and just being able to continue my career and progress.'
Furthermore he indicates that he would accept what we think is adequate for the position and what he brings to the team...

Quote:
“My goal isn’t to go and say, ‘I want to be this and that’ or say, ‘I want this and that.’ It’s just whatever’s out of respect for the position and whatever you bring to the team I feel like is adequate.

Geez you experts who are @$$uming and trying to read between the lines are forgetting to actually read the article. These were his actual words no reading between the lines here...
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
“Coach Phillips is phenomenal, and just the way that he motivates us and the way that he puts us in positions to make plays, there’s ample opportunity for everything.”
Man, I'd love to be in that locker room.... I don't see that "motivation" on TV, not with Phillips on the sideline, I just don't see it.

But I've seen/heard 3 defensive players say they really like the way Wade motivates them. Demeco, Cody, & now Mario.

What the hell does he do?
Old 02-16-2012   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
Mario Williams on being the highest paid player...

Furthermore he indicates that he would accept what we think is adequate for the position and what he brings to the team...

Geez you experts who are @$$uming and trying to read between the lines are forgetting to actually read the article. These were his actual words no reading between the lines here...
Everyone around here is used to the believing that every FA is playing us. Sad that everyone has literally programmed themselves to buy into that.
Old 02-16-2012   #13
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Man, I'd love to be in that locker room.... I don't see that "motivation" on TV, not with Phillips on the sideline, I just don't see it.

But I've seen/heard 3 defensive players say they really like the way Wade motivates them. Demeco, Cody, & now Mario.

I don't think a man has to necessarily be outwardly expressive to be motivating. Every time Belichick talks, it sounds like nothing is a big deal. All you have to do is be confident in what you do and tell the guy why you believe in him and how he's going to do the job you need him to do. Then, once you see results on the field, the thing just builds on its own.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #14
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

If I were to take a stab at it...

He has tons of experience and success, which allows him to be sure of himself and to exude confidence in his players. In turn the players know what they need to do and can focus on playing hard instead of thinking. That seems like a major upgrade from Richard Smith and Frank Bush our two previous inexperienced DC's. I'd be confident in my coach after having those 2 guys prior to him.

...just my guess.
Old 02-16-2012   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Everyone around here is used to the believing that every FA is playing us. Sad that everyone has literally programmed themselves to buy into that.
He's human, & he ain't a dumbass.

If the Texans offer him $40M guaranteed over three years with no signing bonus & the Ravens offered him $54M over 4 years with a $36M signing bonus it's going to be really hard to turn down a $36M check.
Old 02-16-2012   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

sure didn't sound like he was excited to come back to be a part of this.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

The feeling in my stomach tells me he is gone.
Old 02-16-2012   #18
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Some team WILL offer him somewhere between 90 and 100 MM. The Texans can't come anywhere near that, and I'm not sure that they should, as much as I would love to keep Mario...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #19
cbs1507
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Some prune juice will clear that up you know...
Old 02-16-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
Some team WILL offer him somewhere between 90 and 100 MM. The Texans can't come anywhere near that, and I'm not sure that they should, as much as I would love to keep Mario...
Why not?

$90M/7yrs.... we're talking an average salary of $12.8M that's well within the Texans reach.

$100M/7yrs.... $14.3M/yr there's no reason the Texans can't do that either.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read