Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012   #101
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: abc13 - peyton wants to be a texan comeing up in sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Agreed. It makes a lot of sense when you really think about it. The Redskins' coaching staff would love to have Matt Schaub. Maybe they are willing to part with a first-round pick after all. I guess time will tell. We've still got an entire month before the Colts release Peyton so there will be time to digest all of the possible trades and scenarios (the health of the players), well before the 2012 NFL Draft.
I can see a trade happening after pick #2. If Cleveland trades up to get RG3 theer is absolutely no other way to go for a QB of Matt Schaub's stats. I also think Cleveland would be forced to give St.Louis their second first round which should also benefit Texans. Rumor is Cleveland would select Wright but if they lose both firsts to St Louis that would assist us. I was up half the night creating scenarios of Manning to Houston Schaub to SKins for #8 and then trading down from #8 to maybe Bengals?
Old 02-14-2012   #102
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Umm no. Bob Allen is the senior sports director for channel 13 and has been with the station for about 40 years (which is the longest tenure of any local sportscaster in the country)... He's retiring.
Retiring ? Like voluntarily ? You bought that story, you really think he's leaving on his own terms ?
Listen I've got a building site over east of Houston, in the Orleans Parish I want you to look at soon. Hey, it's priced right.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #103
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We'd have to make a helmet big enough for his forehead.
At least we have that retractable roof so they can airlift his big head into the stadium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Payten Manning is not going to play football in Houston, unless he's on the visiting team. This is just offseason chatter.
yep. All this B.S. and $5 will buy you a fancy coffee at Starbucks.
Old 02-14-2012   #104
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm having Ahman Green flashbacks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #105
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing to consider is that Matt Schaub is due to become a free agent after the 2012 season. His contract with the Texans is already at the end of its road. Maybe people just assumed that he'll be re-signed but coming off the foot injury and all of the other quarterback options that may be out there, I'm now thinking it's a strong possibility that his future with the Texans isn't going to last much longer.
Old 02-14-2012   #106
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Did I miss a memo that Manning can throw the ball now?

I mean, shouldn't that little item be established first?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #107
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
This is all one last stab #18 the Colt puts into the heart of the Texans.

Destabilize our QB with all the replacement talk. And Boob plays right into it.

Management needs to go public with a Good luck #18, don't let the door hit you on your way out, hope to knock you on your backside in next year's playoffs statement and put this BS in the rearview mirror.

The grass is greener on this side of the fence now ... get used to it.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2012   #108
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

His doctors have given him the green light to start throwing a few weeks ago. It was mentioned during Super Bowl weekend that he's just now picking up a football and slinging it around. He's still unable to make all of the throws downfield with a lot of zip on the ball, which is to be expected after only a few weeks. That arm strength is going to come around.
Old 02-14-2012   #109
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Who will be then? Please don't say Leinart.

They will sign someone else is Matt isnt ready Im sure
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #110
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
This is what I think every team is afraid of. And I just don't think the risk is worth it. Especially when there's no promise he'll come back physically able to do what he used to do.

Plus, will Kubiak really give him as much control as he wants?

Manning isnt at any more risk of being carried out on the stretcher than any other player. I dont know why people have this picture of Manning going limp on the first hit and not being able to move again
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #111
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not gonna lie... I'd buy a jersey.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #112
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
In case Manning joins Texans, your trading scenario makes sense to me. With Mario situation and all, with that pick we should be able to do a lot with it. Like trading back to stock pile early picks or find Mario replacement in the future, fill needs like WR and so on. Only concern to me is Manning's health condition.Go Texans!!!
Agreed but are you not just as concerned about Matt's foot? One mis-step and he could be out for career.
Old 02-14-2012   #113
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I can see a trade happening after pick #2. If Cleveland trades up to get RG3 theer is absolutely no other way to go for a QB of Matt Schaub's stats. I also think Cleveland would be forced to give St.Louis their second first round which should also benefit Texans. Rumor is Cleveland would select Wright but if they lose both firsts to St Louis that would assist us. I was up half the night creating scenarios of Manning to Houston Schaub to SKins for #8 and then trading down from #8 to maybe Bengals?
Don't trade back from 8, just pick Melvin Ingram. That is assuming we don't re-sign Mario of course. Otherwise, a slight trade back and take Michael Floyd could work, or just take Floyd at 8. Works for me.
Old 02-14-2012   #114
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Both quarterbacks are coming off an injury and Gary is loyal to his players this is just not going to happen.
Old 02-14-2012   #115
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Retiring ? Like voluntarily ? You bought that story, you really think he's leaving on his own terms ?
Listen I've got a building site over east of Houston, in the Orleans Parish I want you to look at soon. Hey, it's priced right.
If you are gonna insinuate something spit it out. He has 40 years at Channel 13 & obviously you are the only one saying it is not a retirement on his own terms. I'm not saying you are wrong but bring something to table to support you comment.
Old 02-14-2012   #116
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

As I and others have posted, any signing would be based on Manning being healthy. What guarantee can you present today that Schaub will be healthy for season?
Old 02-14-2012   #117
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You know reality checks always bounce at the Bank of Speculation!
Old 02-14-2012   #118
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Don't trade back from 8, just pick Melvin Ingram. That is assuming we don't re-sign Mario of course. Otherwise, a slight trade back and take Michael Floyd could work, or just take Floyd at 8. Works for me.
Ingram is one of the two I'd target but in a trade back. However, Vinny Curry in second is enticing and use the two firsts (for #8) on other guys.

#17: Ingram #21 Wright #26 Peter Konz
Old 02-14-2012   #119
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was thinking Tony Boselli.
Old 02-14-2012   #120
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
In case Manning joins Texans, your trading scenario makes sense to me. With Mario situation and all, with that pick we should be able to do a lot with it. Like trading back to stock pile early picks or find Mario replacement in the future, fill needs like WR and so on. Only concern to me is Manning's health condition.

Go Texans!!!
There are a bunch of IF's before I would do this.

IF mannings arm is still live!
IF he would take a reasonable contract!
IF he we could trade Schaub for a good enough package that we could combine some non critical assets to to trade up for a franchise QB. (RG111)

If all those IF's are met I wouldn't hesitate to sign Manning
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read