Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-15-2012   #61
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you take Randy Moss to help out A.J.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Except he is a player who completly doesn't fit into this system.

1. To say he is a bad blocker is like saying the sun is warm.

2. He runs a fly and a post. Thats it.

3. Complete cancer.

The next block he throws will be his first. In our system, they are never going to play a wide receiver who isn't a willing blocker. Like it or hate it, thats a simple fact. If you bring him in with our cap situation, you are banking on him being the fix. If he isn't, there is plenty of risk. Another year of poor WR play after Dre. Stop gaps aren't going to turn this team around, so fix the problem. We do not need to take a gamble on a selfish, lazy player who may or may not have their head in the game.
Randy Moss has never been accused as a lazy player his issues in New England stemmed from his contract issues his first stint in Minnesota was Excellent. The raiders experiment & 2nd go around in minnesota that made no since and Titans debacle he had no QB's at all and Favre was a has been at that point. I understand the arguments where he seemed to quit I have no excuse for that but to say he isn't a hard worker that isn't the case.
Old 02-15-2012   #62
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
If you are talking about me, you couldn't be further from the truth, not sure who you are referring to, but you might as well come out and say it instead of hinting around at it.

My answer is team chemistry, and team effort is BIGGER than any one player.....period. For 1 guy to have a big play, the other 10 guys have to do their job.

Exactamundo!

You and the people that want to see this happen are making a BIG assumption that he still has anything in the tank. How about we establish that first. If you can establish that, then I could see letting him come in and compete, not be handed anything, compete and earn a spot.

Personally, I think he's lost a step or two. It needs to be proven his skills haven't detoriated. See Bill's comment above.
First off i never said to hand him the job and I stated that we still should draft a wr with our #1 pick so please be on point. My argument was that he is better than Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones even at this point of his career and I agree with you he would have to impress the brass with a workout before they would sign him or any other F/A WR.
Old 02-15-2012   #63
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
We all know Randy wasn't himself in Minnesota & Tennessee the proof is when he was in Oakland he acted the same way and as soon as he got to New England he exploded for the greatest season by a WR in the history of the NFL. I know and we all know he is better than Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones and would make a great compliment with Andre Johnson and whatever other WR that we draft so I don't see your point Texan_Bill and all the anger in your rant is not even necessary if you are not one of the people I was talking about and you don't do what I stated why so hostile with your comment we are all fans and want what is best for the Texans.

Because it was an absurd, obnoxious statement. Charging racism because people value work ethic and modesty does a disservice to just about every person on the planet. You confuse and cloud the issues with that crap. Regardless of Randy Moss' skin color and regardless if his behavior on the field can be linked to his cultural heritage (as you suggest... you, nobody else), Moss' unwillingness to run good routes and unwillingness to block make him a career non-Texan.
Old 02-15-2012   #64
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Randy Moss has never been accused as a lazy player his issues in New England stemmed from his contract issues his first stint in Minnesota was Excellent. The raiders experiment & 2nd go around in minnesota that made no since and Titans debacle he had no QB's at all and Favre was a has been at that point. I understand the arguments where he seemed to quit I have no excuse for that but to say he isn't a hard worker that isn't the case.
Never been lazy? What do you call ****ty route running? Zero effort on run plays? taking yourself out of the game? Jogging or walking when the play doesn't involve you? Thats being lazy.
Old 02-15-2012   #65
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Moss is one of the best to ever play the game, but he's also a selfish primadonna who put's Randy Moss ahead of ANY team for which he plays. When he was with the Pats he was ready to knock Brady's block off (not that I blame him). When he was in Oakland he would blow off routes and in some cases just not do his job. He'll get into the Hall of Fame but picking him up is a waste at this point.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #66
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For 10 years, players, fans, and coaches associated with Randy Moss have struggled with his moodiness on the field. He doesn't block in the run game. He doesn't run concise routes. He doesn't run routes full speed if he doesn't expect the ball. He demands the ball from the quarterback. These were all issues in his first stint in Minnesota and the reason why they traded him away.
Old 02-15-2012   #67
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First off i never said to hand him the job and I stated that we still should draft a wr with our #1 pick so please be on point. My argument was that he is better than Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones even at this point of his career and I agree with you he would have to impress the brass with a workout before they would sign him or any other F/A WR.
I didn't mean to imply you said hand him the job. That's not what I said or what I intended to mean. The point I was driving at is he is a Diva, I don't think he would be willing to earn the spot. I think he feels he's deserving of being a starter without proving it. Couple that with his age and lack of playing time for over a year and I am inclined to pass. Along with others are saying about his unwillingness to run block, and like I have been saying he quits on plays. He quits on his team, he walks off the field while the game is not over. I am a team first guy.
Old 02-15-2012   #68
PHAROAH
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Because it was an absurd, obnoxious statement. Charging racism because people value work ethic and modesty does a disservice to just about every person on the planet. You confuse and cloud the issues with that crap. Regardless of Randy Moss' skin color and regardless if his behavior on the field can be linked to his cultural heritage (as you suggest... you, nobody else), Moss' unwillingness to run good routes and unwillingness to block make him a career non-Texan.
Dalemurhphy what the hell are you talking about I never accused anyone on this site of being a racist!!! I don't feel that the comment that I made is absurd either I have not confused anything on any topic I am stating the obvious. We talked about T.O. possibly being a good fit after he worked out most fans shot it down on this site of bringing him in. Now here it is we are talking about another so-called out spoken wr in Randy Moss who probably could help our team and all we here is no,no,no with no good sound comments.

The point that I am making is this none of the players in the NFL have ever stated that Randy Moss was a cancer in the locker room for either of the teams that he has played on and Tom Brady came out in the media and stated that he wouldn't mind having Randy back on the team. The issue that I do have is that most of the players that are outspoken that we have talked about the Texans possibly signing as F/A are black and they happen to be very good players but I have seen nothing but negatives when they are discussed.

So what blacks who speak there minds don't value modesty and hard working values? Man you need to watch your statements and READ what people say so you can understand what the hell people are saying, what since when has it become a crime in the country to talk about RACE!!!! I have fought and earned the right to speak my mind and make decent comments as I please have you? Shut the hell up and keep it moving Dalemurphy I never called anyone a racist!!!!
Old 02-15-2012   #69
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dalemurhphy what the hell are you talking about I never accused anyone on this site of being a racist!!! I don't feel that the comment that I made is absurd either I have not confused anything on any topic I am stating the obvious. We talked about T.O. possibly being a good fit after he worked out most fans shot it down on this site of bringing him in. Now here it is we are talking about another so-called out spoken wr in Randy Moss who probably could help our team and all we here is no,no,no with no good sound comments.

The point that I am making is this none of the players in the NFL have ever stated that Randy Moss was a cancer in the locker room for either of the teams that he has played on and Tom Brady came out in the media and stated that he wouldn't mind having Randy back on the team. The issue that I do have is that most of the players that are outspoken that we have talked about the Texans possibly signing as F/A are black and they happen to be very good players but I have seen nothing but negatives when they are discussed.

So what blacks who speak there minds don't value modesty and hard working values? Man you need to watch your statements and READ what people say so you can understand what the hell people are saying, what since when has it become a crime in the country to talk about RACE!!!! I have fought and earned the right to speak my mind and make decent comments as I please have you? Shut the hell up and keep it moving Dalemurphy I never called anyone a racist!!!!
What percentage of NFL players are black? What percentage of WR's are black?

That may have something to do with it, no?

By the way, I am not talking or jumping in you and Dalemurphy's responses. I am addressing the bolded comments. I see alot of posters being consistent. That's my perception about the negatives, the are founded in reality IMHO. The Texans don't have a lot of players that are Divas, period. I can't think of one really. That's not what this organization is about. We have a lot of high character guys.

I can start naming white players I don't like if it will help balance some of this out. I just don't think most here are knocking anyone over their color but by their behavior and actions. Did you see Dread Head's post? He was spot on.

Bottom line is Randy Moss quits on plays, and quits when things don't go his way. That's why I wouldn't want him on the team. But hey like I said, get in line an earn spot if the FO goes out and signs him.

To me the NFL is a performance based results oriented business and race is not a factor. You are certainly entitled to feel the way you feel and have an issue with the part I bolded. I just disagree is all.
Old 02-15-2012   #70
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Your words: Some of the site brethren are too conservative to want an outspoken black player on this ball club.

I didn't see anyone arguing that Randy Moss shouldn't be on the Texans because he is an "outspoken black player". Yet, there are your words, arguing that the "real reason" some of us don't like him is because he is "an outspoken black player".

There's no crime you are being accused of. I find it sad that some people immediately assume racism is involved when people are in disagreement with them.

Ironic, also, that you whine about having the right to speak your mind and then in the same paragraph you tell me to "shut the hell up". If hatred begets racism, perhaps you should look in the mirror.

I think you are way off base thinking that guys like Randy Moss and T.O. are "very good players", and I certainly don't see how they would help our team. That's not racism, it's football I.Q.
Old 02-15-2012   #71
PHAROAH
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Your words: Some of the site brethren are too conservative to want an outspoken black player on this ball club.

I didn't see anyone arguing that Randy Moss shouldn't be on the Texans because he is an "outspoken black player". Yet, there are your words, arguing that the "real reason" some of us don't like him is because he is "an outspoken black player".

There's no crime you are being accused of. I find it sad that some people immediately assume racism is involved when people are in disagreement with them.

Ironic, also, that you whine about having the right to speak your mind and then in the same paragraph you tell me to "shut the hell up". If hatred begets racism, perhaps you should look in the mirror.

I think you are way off base thinking that guys like Randy Moss and T.O. are "very good players", and I certainly don't see how they would help our team. That's not racism, it's football I.Q.
I never claimed racism I never typed it your just pissed because I called out some of the conservative mindsets on the site and they are great players look at their stats there is no questioning that!!! Dalemurphy you can try to create an argument and yes I said what I said some on here are too conservative to even consider out-spoken players (BLACK) even though they are great players who could have helped in the playoffs because Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones were dropping passes left and right. Now If you want to say that you and other conservative fans are racist I never said that but I did say you guys won't consider outspoken black players like T.O., Randy Moss & Chad Johnson (Ocho Cinco) that isnt saying people a racist!!!! Get your **** straight homie!!!! I am not afraid to speak my mind at all and I am not afraid to touch things that are real issues look stop being sensitive the Texans do not like edgy players who speak there mind and in the NFL most of those players are WR's and the majority are black so just be real dude to say that Randy Moss couldn't help the Texans is absurd you know it too come on man be real!!!!
Old 02-15-2012   #72
PHAROAH
All Pro

Now to those think he is a cancer here is one of his ex-team members speaking about him and Randy himself stated that he could run between a 4.35 - 4.38. Now if that is true why not take a look and darryl green ran in the 4.3 range at 40 years of age so it isn't out of the question if he can do it if he is in great shape. Again we still would need to draft another receiver in round 1 to compete with Randy just in-case that's all i'm saying so yes i would give him a workout.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Old 02-15-2012   #73
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I never claimed racism I never typed it your just pissed because I called out some of the conservative mindsets on the site and they are great players look at their stats there is no questioning that!!! Dalemurphy you can try to create an argument and yes I said what I said some on here are too conservative to even consider out-spoken players (BLACK) even though they are great players who could have helped in the playoffs because Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones were dropping passes left and right. Now If you want to say that you and other conservative fans are racist I never said that but I did say you guys won't consider outspoken black players like T.O., Randy Moss & Chad Johnson (Ocho Cinco) that isnt saying people a racist!!!! Get your **** straight homie!!!! I am not afraid to speak my mind at all and I am not afraid to touch things that are real issues look stop being sensitive the Texans do not like edgy players who speak there mind and in the NFL most of those players are WR's and the majority are black so just be real dude to say that Randy Moss couldn't help the Texans is absurd you know it too come on man be real!!!!

To say people dismiss a person because they are "conservative" and he is black and outspoken is claiming that they are racist. I don't care if you use the word or not. That description implies it.

You don't understand the Texans' philosophy or their offense if you can't even comprehend a football argument disputing Randy Moss' value to them. Since he refuses to block and runs poor routes, he would be detrimental to the Texans. That is especially so given that the Texans could use those resources on receivers that would be a much better fit in their system than a prima donna who is years past his prime.

By the way, Kevin Walter has much better hands than Randy Moss... well, better concentration anyway, which leads to fewer drops. I have been arguing on these boards that Robert Meachem would be an ideal addition to the Texans... not because he isn't outspoken but because he can stretch the defense, is young, and is a very willing blocker. Randy Moss and T.O. don't understand the team concept nor can they handle being in a supportive role. There is a reason why the Patriots cut Moss in the middle of the season in 2010 despite having little else at the WR position. If there wasn't a long list of quality free agent wide receivers and a draft in front of us, then I could see Moss being a consideration. But, why consider Moss when there are 20 better options?

Your last rant is another example of avoiding the football issues and trying to win an argument by yelling the loudest. I don't dispute that you "aren't afraid to speak your mind". I just disagree with most of what you are "speaking".
Old 02-15-2012   #74
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
quoted deleted post
No need for the insults directed at other posters.
Old 02-15-2012   #75
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
quoted deleted post
You say you went to college? Did you sleep through grammar class? Or, did you decide that punctuation was a right wing conspiracy to oppress black defensive backs?

I have played football. I coach football. However, I've met plenty of football player and football coaches to know that participation in the sport doesn't guarantee any real understanding. For example, Randy Moss has been playing team sports for 30 years and he still doesn't understand what it means to be a good teammate. He's played in west coast offenses in the NFL yet does not seem to understand the importance of running precise routes nor the importance of blocking on run plays.

As I said earlier, there are other free agents that supply the kind of speed that a 35 year old Randy Moss has. Robert Meachem is the primary example I offered. I agree that the Texans need a playmaking threat in the passing game to go with Andre Johnson, I totally disagree that Randy Moss should be that guy. Why fixate on Moss? Have you seen the free agent wide receivers available this year? It is a deep pool of talent.

You don't have to say the word "racism" to accuse someone of it. Saying that members of this board have a prejudice against Randy Moss because he is black is accusing them of racism. How is that not clear to you?
Old 02-15-2012   #76
PHAROAH
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No need for the insults directed at other posters.
Now he came at me sideways making remarks about my intelligence and stating that I called other members racist but you tell me about insults ok. If you want disable my membership please do so I will find another Texans site to post on thanks.
Old 02-15-2012   #77
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

The only race I care about is Deep Steel Blue baby.....
Old 02-15-2012   #78
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we not going to discuss Cris Carter throwing Randy Moss under the bus?
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #79
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I don't think Moss is in the Mason/Moulds category. We've never heard
much about him being a lockerroom cancer. When motivated, he gave
Tom Brady the greatest regular season a quarterback has ever had.
Moss "gave" Brady the best season he ever had?? Good lord you say some wild stuff man. In case you missed it, the Pats dropped Moss when he became to much of an ass and Brady's stats improved that season and he threw for 36 TD's and 4 INT's. Brady was already a HOFer when Moss got there, and oh yeah that Welker guy had some to do with that as well. Moss helped that offense out a ton no question, but to say he gave Brady anything is simply laughable. Brady has continued on to go to another SB and break Marino's record. Moss had to retire because no one hardly wanted him anymore and didn't want to pay him any decent money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The Texans are a team on the edge of a Superbowl, and playing next
to AJ, would make Matt Schaub look pretty good.
Moss is old now. He's soft as hell and after missing a full season at his age, he won't be that great of an option.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #80
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Moss is old now. He's soft as hell and after missing a full season at his age, he won't be that great of an option.
Are you saying that Moss played the season before this past one? NE, Minnesota and Tennessee would disagree.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read