Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-14-2012   #41
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you take Randy Moss to help out A.J.?

he can't run away from guys like he used to....besides, he ain't a Rick Smith kinda guy.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #42
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Would you take Randy Moss to help out A.J.?
Dudes, with Peyton Manning as our new QB and Moss and AJ we are automaticly in the Super Bowl!!!111!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #43
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Dudes, with Peyton Manning as our new QB and Moss and AJ we are automaticly in the Super Bowl!!!111!!!
On just name alone with NFL and ESPN.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #44
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if we get manning and Moss someone would say we are the new dream team and we will miss the playoffs .....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #45
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68965 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you really want Randy on the Texans?

As a Raider fan let me present this to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J7ipVezSEk

All the talent in the world, just no heart.
Old 02-14-2012   #46
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Do you really want Randy on the Texans?

As a Raider fan let me present this to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J7ipVezSEk

All the talent in the world, just no heart.
In his defense after he left the dismal situation in Oakland he had a couple of very good seasons in NE.

IMO I think Randy had been so used to everyone looking past some of his diva act because he has been the best deep threat the NFL has ever seen until he got dropped last year.

I think it's very possible you could see the Randy Moss that had a chip on his shoulder in Minn.

I think its possible given the right situation next year he could have a good season. I'd give him a one year contract here.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #47
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68965 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
In his defense after he left the dismal situation in Oakland he had a couple of very good seasons in NE.

IMO I think Randy had been so used to everyone looking past some of his diva act because he has been the best deep threat the NFL has ever seen until he got dropped last year.

I think it's very possible you could see the Randy Moss that had a chip on his shoulder in Minn.

I think its possible given the right situation next year he could have a good season. I'd give him a one year contract here.
But he created the dismal situation in Oakland for himself by half-assing it. You see, when times are good Randy is fine, but when something doesn't go his way he pouts and puts forth no effort. I know I wouldn't want him on my team.
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2012   #48
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Chris Carter has to be patting him on his back as they go ice fishing together.
Well, about thaaaaaaat....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_16...-quit-comment/
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #49
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Randy has plenty left in the tank and he would be an upgrade over Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones. I would still draft a wr in round 1 but Randy Moss is a game changer supreme and he is exactly what we need opposite Andre Johnson in terms of on the field production. Now some of the site brethren don't like anyone that is brash or speak there mind but lets face it we have wasted money on good boys like Jacoby & Kevin Walter it's time to bring someone in so we can win games and get to the super bowl it's time to stop being so conservative and lets win it all.
Old 02-15-2012   #50
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

randy moss isnt fast anymore u think hes going to out run these CB these days PLZZZ and hes deff not physical teams will prob not even waste the #2cb on him they would prob just have a linebacker or SS Murder him on the line or chip him all u need to do is chip him for like 1.2 seconds
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #51
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
randy moss isnt fast anymore u think hes going to out run these CB these days PLZZZ and hes deff not physical teams will prob not even waste the #2cb on him they would prob just have a linebacker or SS Murder him on the line or chip him all u need to do is chip him for like 1.2 seconds
I wouldn't say Moss isn't fast anymore. His last year after he was traded to Minnesota he sprinted past Antonio Cromartie for a bomb from Favre on MNF. Cromartie may not be the best cover guy but receivers don't just run by him like that hardly ever. Moss may not possess the 4.3 speed he once had, but I'd bet you he's still in the 4.4 range which is better than most receivers in the league.

Now after saying all that I wouldn't want him on this team. It's just not worth it for a guy who will shut it down when he feels like it during games. I think the whole contract situation in New England messed up his head, and I don't think he gave even 75% effort to the 3 teams he played for that year. A motivated Moss can still be a player I think, but who's to say he'll stay motivated. We'd be crazy to take that chance.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #52
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I must admit, its kinda comical at times on this board with the recent track success of the texans. The texans took on a guy who was known to be disruptive in the lockerroom in mason. Now all of a sudden a guy who would be the best red zone wr on the team is a no no. When johnson misses his standard 3 games, what happens to the offense against a decent defense? Go watch baltimore and raiders game. How many times did we see guys not getting any kind of seperation and the offense sputters? How many games against the jets or a top flight corner when they take andre away and none of the wr can get loose? Add moss, and most,if not all those problems go away. Why? He damands extra attention even with johnson on the field. When they get to the 40yd line and he runs a go route, he's coming down with the ball. Better yet, the last season he played after his 2 trades, how many tds did he have? Or maybe the texans would rather see him go to ravens and work it with them. When your qb isn't a playmaker,you need as many playmakers around him. Schaub isn't a playmaker.
Old 02-15-2012   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not take Lance Alworth or Steve Largent? They're about the same age as Moss, no?
Old 02-15-2012   #54
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of the site brethren are too conservative to want an outspoken black player on this ball club. Anytime a great player but outspoken is brought up for discussion to bring in I notice that certain members say no every time no matter how much a player could really help the Texans. Randy Moss could help us big time and i'm not playing the race card or anything like that but come on guys we all know Randy would be a serious upgrade at 35 over Kevin Walter or Jacoby Jones at this point. I would still draft another WR in round #1 even if we did bring in Moss because we need more than 1 WR to help this team.
Old 02-15-2012   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I could give a rats ass about him being outspoken, I give a rats ass that he couldn't get on the field as a Tinnbred and didn't play a down in 2011.
Old 02-15-2012   #56
PHAROAH
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I could give a rats ass about him being outspoken, I give a rats ass that he couldn't get on the field as a Tinnbred and didn't play a down in 2011.
We all know Randy wasn't himself in Minnesota & Tennessee the proof is when he was in Oakland he acted the same way and as soon as he got to New England he exploded for the greatest season by a WR in the history of the NFL. I know and we all know he is better than Kevin Walter & Jacoby Jones and would make a great compliment with Andre Johnson and whatever other WR that we draft so I don't see your point Texan_Bill and all the anger in your rant is not even necessary if you are not one of the people I was talking about and you don't do what I stated why so hostile with your comment we are all fans and want what is best for the Texans.

Old 02-15-2012   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

No.
Old 02-15-2012   #58
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Why not? Low risk high reward ....
Except he is a player who completly doesn't fit into this system.

1. To say he is a bad blocker is like saying the sun is warm.

2. He runs a fly and a post. Thats it.

3. Complete cancer.

The next block he throws will be his first. In our system, they are never going to play a wide receiver who isn't a willing blocker. Like it or hate it, thats a simple fact. If you bring him in with our cap situation, you are banking on him being the fix. If he isn't, there is plenty of risk. Another year of poor WR play after Dre. Stop gaps aren't going to turn this team around, so fix the problem. We do not need to take a gamble on a selfish, lazy player who may or may not have their head in the game.
Old 02-15-2012   #59
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I must admit, its kinda comical at times on this board with the recent track success of the texans. The texans took on a guy who was known to be disruptive in the lockerroom in mason. Now all of a sudden a guy who would be the best red zone wr on the team is a no no. When johnson misses his standard 3 games, what happens to the offense against a decent defense? Go watch baltimore and raiders game. How many times did we see guys not getting any kind of seperation and the offense sputters? How many games against the jets or a top flight corner when they take andre away and none of the wr can get loose? Add moss, and most,if not all those problems go away. Why? He damands extra attention even with johnson on the field. When they get to the 40yd line and he runs a go route, he's coming down with the ball. Better yet, the last season he played after his 2 trades, how many tds did he have? Or maybe the texans would rather see him go to ravens and work it with them. When your qb isn't a playmaker,you need as many playmakers around him. Schaub isn't a playmaker.
I agree with this. Let's add to the fact that his stints in Minnesota and Tennessee were with QBs named Joe Webb, and whoever that guy was with Tenn along with an aging and aching Brett Favre. I'm sorry but he's going to have much better surroundings over here.

Now, if we can get a guy like Reggie Wayne instead, I'm all for it. But our CURRENT cap numbers don't indicate that to be within reach.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #60
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
If you are talking about me, you couldn't be further from the truth, not sure who you are referring to, but you might as well come out and say it instead of hinting around at it.

My answer is team chemistry, and team effort is BIGGER than any one player.....period. For 1 guy to have a big play, the other 10 guys have to do their job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Exactamundo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Some of the site brethren are too conservative to want an outspoken black player on this ball club. Anytime a great player but outspoken is brought up for discussion to bring in I notice that certain members say no every time no matter how much a player could really help the Texans. Randy Moss could help us big time and i'm not playing the race card or anything like that but come on guys we all know Randy would be a serious upgrade at 35 over Kevin Walter or Jacoby Jones at this point. I would still draft another WR in round #1 even if we did bring in Moss because we need more than 1 WR to help this team.
You and the people that want to see this happen are making a BIG assumption that he still has anything in the tank. How about we establish that first. If you can establish that, then I could see letting him come in and compete, not be handed anything, compete and earn a spot.

Personally, I think he's lost a step or two. It needs to be proven his skills haven't detoriated. See Bill's comment above.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read