Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-13-2012   #1
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you take Randy Moss to help out A.J.?

Randy Moss has said he wants to come out of retirement and will be looking for a team and a coach to give him a chance.
With his past history of not exactly being a "team" player, would you take a chance with him, if only to help out A.J.?

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/thro...meback-attempt

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #2
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you take Randy Moss to help out A.J.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
Randy Moss has said he wants to come out of retirement and will be looking for a team and a coach to give him a chance.
With his past history of not exactly being a "team" player, would you take a chance with him, if only to help out A.J.?

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/thro...meback-attempt
Its a lovely idea in theory but you just know he's just looking for one last payday and won't be the Randy Moss that was one of the best in the league but the Randy Moss that played...badly...for 3 teams in one season.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Would you take Randy Moss to help out A.J.?

I don't see what he possible adds. With his age and being out for a year, I suspect he would be back up material, and the last thing we need is another #3. IMO.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1. runs poor routes
2. doesn't block

Doesn't fit!
Old 02-13-2012   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1. runs poor routes
2. doesn't block

Doesn't fit!
I do not have a problem bringing him to earn a spot, but my expectations are very low given the above.
Old 02-13-2012   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I do not have a problem bringing him to earn a spot, but my expectations are very low given the above.
I wouldn't even want to do that. He just seems to have a very divisive personality that is just waiting to make issues in the lockerroom. I would pass on him and look at younger guys who are working to earn a spot.
Old 02-13-2012   #7
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this guy in need of the money? I get the impression he's in that category where image is everything and, a bit like TO, probably had no problems spending $Xmillion dollars as and when he earned it without saving any for when his playing days were over.

I don't really understand why he'd even want to come back, he had a good career that ended a bit abruptly.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-13-2012   #8
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33092 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I wouldn't even want to do that. He just seems to have a very divisive personality that is just waiting to make issues in the lockerroom. I would pass on him and look at younger guys who are working to earn a spot.
That's also my attitude about Moss, who's a very surly dude with a terrible attitude. I saw a game or 2 when he played with the Titans and he was pathetic. The worst kinda combo: a diva who's talent has left him ago.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #9
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

nope = cancer
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

No. He's done.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #11
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 427 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, call me crazy but I would take him if he was wanting the vet minimum salary. If it didn't cause cap issues and we still draft/sign another talented WR, what is the downside? Lacks effort? Bench him. Locker room trouble? Trade him for a comp. 7th rd pick (like Derrick Mason's deal).

The upside? Wants to put a good performance for what would probably be his last year(s). The Texans WR core would be amazing and the O would be ranked top 5.

I think if he wants the bare minimum $ wise, you without a doubt bring him in for a workout.
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #12
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not? Low risk high reward ....
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #13
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 427 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Why not? Low risk high reward ....
^ thank you
Old 02-13-2012   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a point in time where taking a chance on Randy Moss is a viable option. We are nowhere near that point. Seriously, the Texans have so many better options that the "shot in the dark" that signing Moss would be that this will probably never even be talked about when the Texans brain trust meets. Not unless Moss is picketing outside with a sign or something.

Too many better options.
Old 02-13-2012   #15
tielahr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
There is a point in time where taking a chance on Randy Moss is a viable option. We are nowhere near that point. Seriously, the Texans have so many better options that the "shot in the dark" that signing Moss would be that this will probably never even be talked about when the Texans brain trust meets. Not unless Moss is picketing outside with a sign or something.

Too many better options.
I agree with that to the extent of I wouldn't take Moss if he was our only WR acquisition this offseason. But if we draft/sign a promising WR I think taking Moss wouldn't be so bad. If it all fits in the cap ofcourse.
Old 02-13-2012   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If I could get the Minny 1st time/Pats Randy Moss the answer is yes.

Unfortunately those days are long gone. So no I wouldn't bring him in.

Cancer? Played in 2 nfc confrence championships and 1 SB. I will take those kinds of cancers on my team.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #17
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Would you take Randy Moss to help out A.J.?

I think the guy is done.....finished.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #18
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Too old. We don't need another Derrick Mason.
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #19
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Too old. We don't need another Derrick Mason.
I don't think Moss is in the Mason/Moulds category. We've never heard
much about him being a lockerroom cancer. When motivated, he gave
Tom Brady the greatest regular season a quarterback has ever had.

The Texans are a team on the edge of a Superbowl, and playing next
to AJ, would make Matt Schaub look pretty good.

Work him out, bring him in.
Old 02-13-2012   #20
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Randy Moss played for a 16-0 team and 15-1 team -- two of the greatest teams in NFL History. And he still didn't win a Super Bowl. How unlucky can a great future Hall of Famer be? Chris Carter has to be patting him on his back as they go ice fishing together. And to answer your question: No, I don't want the Texans to sign him at this point. If he were a few years younger then I would probably say yes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read