Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-12-2012   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking SIAB's Dream Offseason

SIAB's dream offseason!

After the first time in ten long years. The Houston Texans made the playoffs, but
I would like to just remind every one. That the texans did have the luck of
Peyton Manning being out for the season. Do not think im saying that we did not
earn the rite to play in the playoffs, but i will say there was a very good
chance we would not of made it. With this being said I will begin to type
about how I think the Houston Texans should address the offseason.

Free Agents we need to resign!
1. Resign Arian Foster/ We will not make the playoffs, if we let him go! Pay him Rick!
2. Resign Chris Myers/ He may be on the small side, but our O-Line runs on chemistory.
3. Resign Mike Brisiel/Our O-Line runs on chemistory. I would not let any O-line go.
4. Resign Jason Allen/ He puts pressure on K.Jackson to perform beter,
5. Resign Matt Turk/ He did well. I think he deserves a secound chance.

***Depending on cap room***
1. Mario Williams/ He wants money, and I do not think we will have the cap room to keep him. :[
2. Derrick Ward/ He is most likely the most underrated player on the team cause of our RB depth
3. Joel Dreessen/ A very solid backup to OD. I want him to stay.
4. Neil Rackers/ I would rather get a diffrent kicker. He is hard to watch.

Free Agents I would target!

1. Reggie Wayne WR/ Just think of haveing him and A.Johnson on the same team.
2. Ted Ginn WR/KR/ Would be a great pickup for the return team, and he is beter then J.Jones!
3. Tracy Porter CB/ I think he just had a off year. I think he would be wonders on this team!
4. Carlos Rogers CB/ May cost alot, but i would take him in a heartbeat for the rite price.

Now on to the draft.

Round 1 Pick 26
1A. Kendall Wright, WR/ I cant stand J.Jones, but K.Wright may be picked before we are on the clock!
2B. Mohamed Sanu, WR/ If K.Wright is drafted Sanu is a must.
3C. Janoris Jenkins, CB/ If we can not get a WR. I would snag the next best corner.

Round 2 Pick 58
1A. Alameda Ta'amu, DT/NT/ Stoping the run is a must even though cody did a ok job.
2B. Shaun Prater, Cb/ I stress the fact we need corners that can cover and not trip.
3C. Casey Hayward, CB/ read above.

Round 3 Pick 89
1A. Delano Howell, SS/ I like G.Quin I would just like to have some one to back him and nolan up
2B. Nick Jean-Baptiste, DT/NT/ If we can not get a NT in the secound round.
3C. David Molk, C/ A back up to myers just incase we can not resign him.

Round 4 Pick 121
1A. Delano Howell, SS/ He may still be undrafted.
2B. Case Keenum, QB/ I just had to pick him a QB with tons of upside and he is from UH. =]
3C. James Brown, OT/ He helps improve our O-Line.

Round 5 Pick 153
1A. Jaymes Brooks, G/ Depth.
2B. Marquis Maze, WR/PR/ He will help the return game cause. I do not see jones back next year.
3C. D.J. Holt, ILB/ Just incase D.Ryans gets hurt agin.

Round 6 Pick 184
1A. T.J. Graham, WR/ I want all the WR help we can get.
2B. Malik Jackson, DE/ Added depth.
3C. Shaun Powell, P/ If we draft a punter the chances are it will be with our last pick.

Round 7 Pick ***I think we Traded it to the Jets for D.Mason I may be wrong though.***
1A. Shaun Powell, P/ Read above
2B. Kyle Martens, P/ Read above
3C. Jarrett Lee, Qb/ i would trade the pick if possiable.

I would like to trade down for extra picks if we can. The best chance we get to trade back is, if some one wants to snag Tannihill, Qb, Aggies. I think

With this being said I do think we have a great chance next year.

I hope you enjoyed. =]
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SIAB's Dream Offseason

Good work and I like many of your guys even if I would not draft them some of them. i also don't see Blackmon, Jeffrey, Wright and Floyd all drafted top 25. One should be there & I rate all above Sanu. I watched Mohammed many games and he just did not have the excitement factor I expected; perhaps it was his QB but he reminded me to much of Jeff Fuller. I actually would prefer Dwight Jones over him. Also, I think Allen is gone as it is time for KJ to take the starter role. We have several eager young CBs on roster.

I agree 3with you comment about maybe getting offer for our #26 for team wanting Tannehill though someone may jump and select him top 24.
Old 02-12-2012   #3
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Good work and I like many of your guys even if I would not draft them some of them. i also don't see Blackmon, Jeffrey, Wright and Floyd all drafted top 25. One should be there & I rate all above Sanu. I watched Mohammed many games and he just did not have the excitement factor I expected; perhaps it was his QB but he reminded me to much of Jeff Fuller. I actually would prefer Dwight Jones over him. Also, I think Allen is gone as it is time for KJ to take the starter role. We have several eager young CBs on roster.

I agree 3with you comment about maybe getting offer for our #26 for team wanting Tannehill though someone may jump and select him top 24.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 02-12-2012   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Since you don't think we can afford to bring Mario back, I would have made getting a stud OLB a priority.

I doubt that Matt Turk will be back. The youngster Hartmann will be all healed up and he'll reclaim his job.

When people started kicking around the idea of signing Reggie Wayne, I was against it. But if he'd come in and sign a reasonable, 2-yr deal (with maybe an option for a 3rd) I could live with that.

Porter would be an interesting sign but I doubt we can afford to offer him as much as the Saints can. Then there's the thing that he's yet to stay healthy for a full 16 game season. I'd only go after him if we didn't keep Jason Allen. We don't need them both.

I'm not a draftnik so I don't know most of those names. I'd just go after a Mario-replacement-unit in the first two rounds if we let him get away.

nice job though.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #5
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
Round 7 Pick ***I think we Traded it to the Jets for D.Mason I may be wrong though.***
The Mason trade was on the condition that Mason caught 33 balls.

He did not come close, we retained the 7th round pick.
Old 02-13-2012   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Wayne would be a great addition for a year or two. We could then draft a young stud WR to work under two of the best ever in the NFL. Unlikely tho.... I hear Pats are interested.

Mario is a goner, but we must resign everyone else and target depth/ potential starter at OLB in the draft as well as possible starter at DT...and depth at CB, OL and MLB.

WR a main priority either way obviously.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Wright in the 1st but if he's gone I wouldn't force it . The Baylor NT would be good in the 3rd .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-13-2012   #8
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2096 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I've ever said this before, but the spelling errors are so bad that I can't even focus on what you're saying!
Quick II Draw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post
I don't think I've ever said this before, but the spelling errors are so bad that I can't even focus on what you're saying!
Really?

SIAB, you have come a long way. Keep it up man!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #10
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Quote:
Wow...what a way to p1$$ some one off. I been working my ass off so I ,can type what I want by the way I love how you troll when only have 11 posts and you been a member since sept 2011 you should think of how somet
hing you type can hurt
Old 02-13-2012   #11
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You get used to it. In fact, this is a massive improvement.

Turk's a goner. Unless Hartmann get's injured again, I see him as the punter of the future (don't say that very often, do you?)

As much as I'd like Mario to be back next season, I just don't see it being financially responsible with so many players we need to bring back. Bringing Foster and Meyers back is a MUST! Briesel and Allen are both integral parts of our team. Sure, we could find an upgrade, but there are other parts of our team that need upgrading more desperately. I'd love to have Dreesen back, he and OD make a great tandem.

The rest I wouldn't be surprised to see hit the FA market. Ward is the odd man out and Rackers has been mediocre.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whoa, grammar police....pull over.

Old 02-13-2012   #13
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow...what a way to p1$$ some one off. I been working my ass off so I ,can type what I want by the way I love how you troll when only have 11 posts and you been a member since sept 2011 you should think of how somet
hing you type can hurt
Don't listen to him. You are doing fine now. Your grammar and spelling are at at least an average level for someone here on this board. Of course there is always room for everyone to improve. However, this joker's baseless comments notwithstanding, you have graduated from the TexansTalk writing academy.

Very well done!
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #14
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39888 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SIAB's dream offseason!

After the first time in ten long years. The Houston Texans made the playoffs, but
I would like to just remind every one. That the texans did have the luck of
Peyton Manning being out for the season. Do not think im saying that we did not
earn the rite to play in the playoffs, but i will say there was a very good
chance we would not of made it. With this being said I will begin to type
about how I think the Houston Texans should address the offseason.

Free Agents we need to resign!
1. Resign Arian Foster/ We will not make the playoffs, if we let him go! Pay him Rick!
2. Resign Chris Myers/ He may be on the small side, but our O-Line runs on chemistory.
3. Resign Mike Brisiel/Our O-Line runs on chemistory. I would not let any O-line go.
4. Resign Jason Allen/ He puts pressure on K.Jackson to perform beter,
5. Resign Matt Turk/ He did well. I think he deserves a secound chance.
Ok, let's start here.

1. Foster is a RFA, so he will be back no matter what. Sitting out does him no good since we would still hold his RFA status, so he pretty much is stuck.
I expect him to be offered a reasonable contract and he will take it. Unless some other team offers a stupidly good trade offer, he will be here next year.

2/3. I will take these two together. I don't see both of them back. One returns the other doesn't. I will say that Myers returns and Briesl walks. Briesel can play power or ZBS whereas Myers can only play ZBS. Texans will opt to keep him over Briesel.

4. Allen is as good as gone. He put up some good INT numbers in a system where he played half the time. In a CB market which is thin, some team will offer silly money and he will take it. Can't blame him.

5. Turk will not be resigned. Hartmann was doing well prior to his injury and will be given every chance to succeed.

Quote:
***Depending on cap room***
1. Mario Williams/ He wants money, and I do not think we will have the cap room to keep him. :[
2. Derrick Ward/ He is most likely the most underrated player on the team cause of our RB depth
3. Joel Dreessen/ A very solid backup to OD. I want him to stay.
4. Neil Rackers/ I would rather get a diffrent kicker. He is hard to watch.
1. I like Mario and want to keep him, but I don't think it happens. Players want to get paid and should seek out the best money they can get. I see him taking the biggest offer he gets, likely TB.

2.Ward is gone. He played 3rd banana to the Arian Foster Ben tate show. He got very few opportunities and I think he can be replaced with a low draft pick/UDFA. He is a good player, but if you are relying on Ward, the team is already in trouble.

3. I think Dreessen is gone. He has the goods to be a starting TE but will never be that here in Htown while Daniels is here. I think he goes to another team and gets a good payday. He is replaced by Garret Graham.

Quote:
Free Agents I would target!

1. Reggie Wayne WR/ Just think of haveing him and A.Johnson on the same team.
2. Ted Ginn WR/KR/ Would be a great pickup for the return team, and he is beter then J.Jones!
3. Tracy Porter CB/ I think he just had a off year. I think he would be wonders on this team!
4. Carlos Rogers CB/ May cost alot, but i would take him in a heartbeat for the rite price.
1. Tough one. On one hand Wayne would be a great #2, but can he still get it done? Yeah, for a reasonable contract, I'd do it.

2. Pass. Ginn is like JJ. He drops passes he should make and is a very overrated receiver.

3. Pass. Don't care for him.

4. Too much money. After Grimes he may be the most expensive CB on the market. I think there are better places to spend the money.

Quote:
Now on to the draft.

Round 1 Pick 26
1A. Kendall Wright, WR/ I cant stand J.Jones, but K.Wright may be picked before we are on the clock!
2B. Mohamed Sanu, WR/ If K.Wright is drafted Sanu is a must.
3C. Janoris Jenkins, CB/ If we can not get a WR. I would snag the next best corner.

Round 2 Pick 58
1A. Alameda Ta'amu, DT/NT/ Stoping the run is a must even though cody did a ok job.
2B. Shaun Prater, Cb/ I stress the fact we need corners that can cover and not trip.
3C. Casey Hayward, CB/ read above.

Round 3 Pick 89
1A. Delano Howell, SS/ I like G.Quin I would just like to have some one to back him and nolan up
2B. Nick Jean-Baptiste, DT/NT/ If we can not get a NT in the secound round.
3C. David Molk, C/ A back up to myers just incase we can not resign him.

Round 4 Pick 121
1A. Delano Howell, SS/ He may still be undrafted.
2B. Case Keenum, QB/ I just had to pick him a QB with tons of upside and he is from UH. =]
3C. James Brown, OT/ He helps improve our O-Line.

Round 5 Pick 153
1A. Jaymes Brooks, G/ Depth.
2B. Marquis Maze, WR/PR/ He will help the return game cause. I do not see jones back next year.
3C. D.J. Holt, ILB/ Just incase D.Ryans gets hurt agin.

Round 6 Pick 184
1A. T.J. Graham, WR/ I want all the WR help we can get.
2B. Malik Jackson, DE/ Added depth.
3C. Shaun Powell, P/ If we draft a punter the chances are it will be with our last pick.

1. Give me Sanu, Wright is a nice player, but I want the guy with size, hands, and ability. I don't like the idea of spending a first round pick on a short WR.

2. Don't care for any of your options. Ta'amu is not the guy you are thinking. He is not a space eating NT. He tried to be that this year and looked out of position. I think he needs to slim down and move over to 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT. I don't care for your CB selections. How about a OG like Kevin Zeitler?

3. Nick Jean-Baptiste. There you go! Now THAT is the guy I would target too. Good speed, good instincts, a little raw, but can grow into the NT position. LOVE IT!

4. I could get behind James Brown, though I would rather look at 3-4 DE Trevor Guyton from California.

5. Marquis Maze, WR. Again, excellent choice. LOVE it!

6. Not bad options, but here is another name Adrian Robinson, OLB from Temple. A sleeper high motor OLB project for Wade.

7. I previously mentioned that Ward can be replaced. Meet his replacement: Brandon Bolden, RB, Ole Miss. A big 220lb 1 cut back.

Quote:
I would like to trade down for extra picks if we can. The best chance we get to trade back is, if some one wants to snag Tannihill, Qb, Aggies. I think
Yep. A QB is a good bet. I have a feeling when its all said and done, the 3rd QB off the board will be Nick Foles from Arizona and he could be the reason we trade down. Yeah, I al always up for extra picks. 2 2nd rounders plus an extra 3rd or 4th (depending how far down we move) could be big. There will be great players available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year and I expect Wade to help identify them!

Quote:
With this being said I do think we have a great chance next year.

I hope you enjoyed. =]
Agreed. I think the team WILL have a great chance. Healthy players, confidence, and more time in the system will make them a better overall team.

Good read, I DID enjoy it. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #15
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 02-13-2012   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is SIAB and why is HouSportsWriter sharing his (?) dream?

Shot
In
A
Buttcheek?

Still
In
A
Bootle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #17
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Slaton
Is
A
Beast

Cause I can;-)
Old 02-13-2012   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you knew his story & how far this young man has come since being on the board you'd be cheering him as many of us do.
Old 02-13-2012   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh Lord, I remember. I swore off all your previous threads. Walked right into this one face first.

As you were. Carry on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #20
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43675 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Porter would be an interesting sign but I doubt we can afford to offer him as much as the Saints can. Then there's the thing that he's yet to stay healthy for a full 16 game season. I'd only go after him if we didn't keep Jason Allen. We don't need them both.
the Saints might be able to afford to give him more money than the Texans - I don't know Hou's cap situation. But that's different from saying the Saints can offer him as much as most other teams.

Most Saints fans believe Porter will be gone.

We have cap room, yes. But we also have bigger FAs we'd like to have back, I think: Brees, Nicks, Colston.

And Porter is our 3rd best CB and has injury issues.

I love the guy (see avatar!) and will never forget his pick-6 heroics in the Super Bowl. But he's behind Greer and Robinson on the depth chart. I think another team will give him #2 CB money.

Speculation is that it might be the Raiders - after cutting Routt and the hiring of former Saints DB Coach, Dennis Allen as their Head Coach.

I think conventional wisdom is that the only way Porter comes back is if other teams shy away from him b/c of histories and the price is low or structured so that we can re-sign higher priority FAs
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read