Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-11-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Choose Texans opponent

Season's over and I'm still weaning myself and need a fix. Select a team you would like to see the Texans play February 28th. Teams would consist of roster as of end of Super Bowl with all injuries, etc. No one can return from IR or "heal"in time to play. No trades or pick ups. Play with what we have.

I am going with the NY Giants.
Old 02-11-2012   #2
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Choose Texans opponent

Dude. Try to enjoy the offseason. It's not a bad thing.

I am glad that football is over for a few months.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Dude. Try to enjoy the offseason. It's not a bad thing.

I am glad that football is over for a few months.
Spoken like a true Titans fan (just kidding big guy). If no one chooses to play, I'll take my football and go home.
Old 02-11-2012   #4
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

What are the stakes?
Playoffs are done. Super Bowl is done.

If it's a rematch you're after, I want the Saints or the Raiders again. We shouldn't have lost to the Raiders especially.

If it's just a "I wonder what would happen" game, I want the Niners or the Giants.

And if I can't resurrect anyone from IR then we get to play at home. I think we can give anyone fits with our 12th man going loud and strong.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
What are the stakes?
Playoffs are done. Super Bowl is done.

If it's a rematch you're after, I want the Saints or the Raiders again. We shouldn't have lost to the Raiders especially.

If it's just a "I wonder what would happen" game, I want the Niners or the Giants.

And if I can't resurrect anyone from IR then we get to play at home. I think we can give anyone fits with our 12th man going loud and strong.
I really consider both of your teams but Saints were the team I was angry about losing to. The friends I watrched game with could not understand my feelings. We lost to a better team they said. I thought that should have been a win. Oakland just disgusted me.
Old 02-11-2012   #6
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I really consider both of your teams but Saints were the team I was angry about losing to. The friends I watrched game with could not understand my feelings. We lost to a better team they said. I thought that should have been a win. Oakland just disgusted me.
I figure the Texans and the Saints were fairly evenly matched at the time. Given your no-resurrection rule, we'll be at a disadvantage this time as we'll be without Schaub but they'll still have Brees. And if we played them in the Superdome with no Schaub, no Mario, and neither A.J. nor O.D. nor Ninja Smith at 100% I'm afraid we'd lose. Badly. We need to have that rematch at Reliant to stand a chance.

Now if I can have the same two rosters going against each other, but in Reliant AND with a whole season's experience in Wade's D going for us, I think we win going away.

I have no explanation for the Oakland loss except that Oakland was playing over their heads due to the recent loss of Crazy Al (may he R.I.P.)

Edit: Hey, since there's no recalling injured players, does that mean the Saints don't have Greg Williams as DC either? You know, he's not with them now sooooo.....
Old 02-11-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

I know we lost last 3 games of reg season but that beat up team had a don't quit attitude in playoffs. I am so proud of them and pumped for next season. First year I've said wait until next year with more than just optimism. Our defense would be so much better against Saints than when we lost.
Old 02-11-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I agree with you on the Saints. We owned for 2.5 qtrs of football.... & we let them off the hook. Seriously, I was all Denny Green for a week after that game.
Old 02-11-2012   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with you on the Saints. We owned for 2.5 qtrs of football.... & we let them off the hook. Seriously, I was all Denny Green for a week after that game.
Yeah I tasted a victory for almost 3 quarters. I need to not get so emotionally involved. Probably ehy I do mock drafts in off season and threads like this one. lol
Old 02-11-2012   #10
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I tasted a victory for almost 3 quarters. I need to not get so emotionally involved. Probably ehy I do mock drafts in off season and threads like this one. lol
If we could have done better in the red zone - got TDs instead of FGs - we'd have beat them going away.

That lack of red zone efficiency thing plagues us still.
Old 02-12-2012   #11
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a question. Give me the Ravens.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If we could have done better in the red zone - got TDs instead of FGs - we'd have beat them going away.

That lack of red zone efficiency thing plagues us still.
That definitely hurt us in the first half. More trips to the redzone in the 2nd half would have won the game.

This is a game of adjustments. They adjusted, we didn't. Two totally different halfs of football & they performed when it counted. Their coaches, their players, their fans (it was a home game for them, but their fans were out of the game in the first half).

I think had that game been played later in the season, our team would have had the confidence to close that game out.
Old 02-12-2012   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys. I bet Wade Phillips' D would make Tony Romo cry.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
That definitely hurt us in the first half. More trips to the redzone in the 2nd half would have won the game.

This is a game of adjustments. They adjusted, we didn't. Two totally different halfs of football & they performed when it counted. Their coaches, their players, their fans (it was a home game for them, but their fans were out of the game in the first half).

I think had that game been played later in the season, our team would have had the confidence to close that game out.
Agreed. Despite injuries this team kept getting better. This excites me for next season with OTAs & TC for Defensive coaches to add more to the game. One more good draft!
Old 02-12-2012   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed.... The Saints game. Believe it or not, I had the Raiders game as a "bubble" game that we could've lost and did.
Old 02-12-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Not a question. Give me the Ravens.
I think this season showed me, if healthy our team can beat anyone. I no longer fearfully browse the new schedule worrying who can we beat and who will stomp us.
Old 02-13-2012   #17
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

The next opponent for the Texans are....

"The Late Night Gunfighties"

"The Drunkies"

"The Wife/Girlfriend Beatdownies"

"The Over Worked Out/Supplementies"

"The Lets do something freakiesh and get hurties"
aka a Rothlisberger motorcycle ride
a Kellen Winslow Jr jet ski ride....ect ect....

These may or may not happen depending on the mindset of your team.....please add any I did not think of.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #18
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I forgot ....

"The Druggies"
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #19
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the Texans to play the Colts at Indianapolis. I'm tired of always losing there. I'd like to see that 0-10 all-time record come to an end. Sooner or later they have to win a road game against the Colts?
Old 02-16-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I want the Texans to play the Colts at Indianapolis. I'm tired of always losing there. I'd like to see that 0-10 all-time record come to an end. Sooner or later they have to win a road game against the Colts?
I'd love to see us go 16-0 against the Colts

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read