Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2012   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt's Twitter

Per Matt's twitter

Quote:
MattLeinartQB Matt Leinart
People like @MSchaub8 think sleep is overrated. I'll tell u what I just took the best hour nap of my life! Sleep = awesome
Maybe that's why @MSchaub8 is starting and you haven't played in a meaningful game in 4 years.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #2
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Per Matt's twitter

Maybe that's why @MSchaub8 is starting and you haven't played in a meaningful game in 4 years.

Mike
You tell em, Mike!

Quick II Draw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #3
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I have questions as to what the Texans will do with Matt Leinart this off-season? I'm assuming Gary Kubiak will praise him and so he may as well have job security with the team just like Jacoby Jones. He has one year left on his contract, but I'd rather see the team try and sign Vince Young to compete with T.J. Yates as the backup entering training camp. I'd rather have kept Dan Orlovsky -- that's right, I said Dan Orlovsky, as the backup quarterback last off-season instead of signing Leinart to a two-year deal. Or should I say Matty Checkdown and Mr. USC bust just like his backfield buddy Reggie Bush.
Old 02-10-2012   #4
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like your username or the fact that you want to get Vince Young.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I don't get it.
Old 02-10-2012   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I don't get the point.
I am with ya... It is the offseason, and he's got a bum shoulder. So he took a nap, so.
From what Schaub said after he got hurt, he said Leinart has been a film junkie and studies his arse off and asks questions all the time, and is wanting to learn and get better.

I guess you just don't like Leinart..he's a #2 for a reason.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

It's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong offseason.......
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2012   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I don't get it.
What I get is, that because Matt L likes himself a good nap and likes to sleep, he's a terrible QB, AND because Matt S doesn't enjoy sleep he's a better QB...

That said, I don't really see any correlation.

Personally, I would side with Matt L. on this issue. Sleep is not over-rated. I can't get enough.
Old 02-10-2012   #9
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I have questions as to what the Texans will do with Matt Leinart this off-season?...
Bundle him and Jacoby in trade him for a case of Gatorade and a couple of workout towels.
Old 02-10-2012   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I am with ya... It is the offseason, and he's got a bum shoulder. So he took a nap, so.
From what Schaub said after he got hurt, he said Leinart has been a film junkie and studies his arse off and asks questions all the time, and is wanting to learn and get better.

I guess you just don't like Leinart..he's a #2 for a reason.
I am guessing Yates will be #2 next season. And I don't Leinart will be a Texan.
Old 02-10-2012   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

and the pointless thread of the week award goes to.......
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Per Matt's twitter

Mike

This is what sleep deprivation gets you. Is this really what you want?
Old 02-10-2012   #13
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Id think sleep is more likely underrated myself
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

It does not matter who the backup is because most of the time you lose the starter and you do not win the Super Bowl.
Old 02-10-2012   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
It does not matter who the backup is because most of the time you lose the starter and you do not win the Super Bowl.
So because neither team won the Super Bowl, you're saying there's no difference between the 2011 Houston Texans and the 2011 Chicago Bears?
Old 02-10-2012   #16
sandman
Veteran

Rep Power: 43605 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
So because neither team won the Super Bowl, you're saying there's no difference between the 2011 Houston Texans and the 2011 Chicago Bears?
If, according to some around here, the ONLY thing that equates success is winning the Super Bowl, then no, there is no difference between the 2011 Houston Texans and any other team this year not named the New York Giants. If you didn't win, you failed. Your analogy is just a comparison of differing levels of failure.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Per Matt's twitter

Mike
That, or...uhh...you know, Schaub is just a better QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
We disagree.

Signed,

Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, and Tom Brady

How many NFL backup quarterbacks went on to win a Super Bowl?
Old 02-10-2012   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet we see VY on Jeopardy before we see him in a Texans uniform .

OK ... I thought of VY being on the popular game show Jeopardy and I googled it . This is what I found on a Baylor MB .

Quote:
Alex Trebec: In which country is the Panama Canal located?
Vince Young: Ummmmm....what is....
Alex Trebec: Here's a hint...the Great Wall of China is located where?
Vince Young: Duh......China!
Alex Trebec: Ok, so.....where is the Panama Canal located?
Vince Young: Oh yeah, duh - What is China!
Old 02-10-2012   #19
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That, or...uhh...you know, Schaub is just a better QB.

We disagree.

Signed,

Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, and Tom Brady

How many NFL backup quarterbacks went on to win a Super Bowl?

he did say most of the time so his statement still probably stands up
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
he did say most of the time so his statement still probably stands up
He also said it does not matter who is the backup QB. I showed clear examples where 25% of the QBs who have won Super Bowls won their first championship games in seasons that they started on the bench.

The list expands if you consider how many QBs who won Super Bowls were backups at some point in their careers.

It's just a matter of perspective, I suppose.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read