Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-22-2004   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Redskins trying to get Ogunleye

I will be interesting to see if Snyder gives up the farm for Ogunleye. He is prone to overpay and they need a DE.
washingtontimes.com
Quote:
A league source said yesterday Washington offered a first-round pick to Miami for Ogunleye, who is mired in a contract dispute and is threatening to skip the first half of the season. The source said the Dolphins rebuffed Washington but might change their minds as the regular season approaches.
Redskins coach Joe Gibbs, however, played down any interest in Ogunleye and specifically denied an offer was made.
"I think anybody in the league would have interest in him," Gibbs said. "There's nothing to it. They're not going to let that guy go. I wouldn't if I were them."
Although a deal appears to be a long shot, Washington has a track record of ponying up draft picks and huge signing bonuses to make such swaps occur. Already this offseason, the Redskins have traded for two Pro Bowl players, quarterback Mark Brunell and running back Clinton Portis.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

More importantly for us is that, Jacksonville is in the running to get him too

I will try to get the link

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004   #3
jags98
Veteran

Yea they have showed interest, but i don't believe that they will want to give away a 1st round pick and all the money he wants.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read