Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2014   #1
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian looked like a dumb a on this

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/foste...-house.301886/
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #2
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian looked like a dumb a on this

I love his passion. I don't mind that at all.
It sucks we lost 20-17 in overtime. Tough loss.

I'm glad to see Arian Foster back to the Arian of old today.
Time to beat the Colts in Houston on Thursday Night.

We can regain sole possession of first place in the AFC South. I believe all of us would be very happy being 4-2 and undefeated in conference play, along with control of the division.

We also have Jadeveon Clowney, our first overall pick superstar, returning against the Steelers during Week 7 on Monday Night Football.

There is a lot to be excited about. Don't let today's loss get you down. There isn't any time to dwell on this one loss. Thursday Night at NRG Stadium will be rocking. National TV on CBS. We have to beat the Colts. Plain and simple.

Losing two road games to NFC teams doesn't hurt our playoff chances one bit. The games we have to win are the ones coming up against the Colts and Steelers.
Old 10-05-2014   #3
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

He did. Should have said this is MY house.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #4
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

We went into the Cowboys house undermanned and outgunned and we still took them to overtime with a chance to win. The freakin' ball was in our hands in Cowboys territory. Bill O'Brien just got a little too cute with that passing call on 3rd and 2. We throw an incompletion and punted the game away.

We needed to run the ball on 3rd and 2. If we pick up even a yard I'd have gone for 4th and 1 if necessary. The way Arian Foster was running we'd probably have gotten the first down and eventually scored a Touchdown to win. Or at worse a field goal to prolong overtime.

Just a fantastic effort by the Texans today. They nearly pulled off a sweet road upset against an offensive powerhouse that was averaging about 38 points a game in their past three games.

We need better quarterback play. I'm not upset with Ryan Fitzpatrick but it would be nice if we had a quarterback who can make all the proper throws down the field. Fitzpatrick is missing on some big home run type of plays out there. Like on his interception in the first quarter. He had Arian Foster on the run and likely a TD pass if he put some zip on the ball. He underthrow it by a few yards right into Orlando Scandrick's hands. Maybe it was mis-communication.

On the 3rd and 2 pass, that we should have ran on, he was reading Arian Foster with his eyes. A big no-no for a quarterback. They teach you that in junior high football. He should have looked at some other progressions and checked his other reads. I guess the pass rush on the play was strong so he just had to get rid of it fast.

I see potential in the Texans moving forward. Whether Ryan Fitzpatrick improves or Ryan Mallett sees some snaps in the future. I think Thursday Night's game against the Colts will tell us a lot about the direction we need to go in. We have 11 days off after the Colts game and before the Steelers game on Monday Night. If we're 4-2 I'd stick with Fitzpatrick even if he plays poorly. If we're 3-3 and Fitzpatrick struggles again, I'd make the change to Ryan Mallett. With 11 days to prepare that's plenty of time. He's already had a month to learn the playbook already

We shall see what happens on Thursday Night. Huge game. We have to win!!!!! 4-2 or 3-3, we're going to be in the AFC wild-card race no matter what with Jadeveon "Beast" Clowney returning on Monday Night Football at Pittsburgh. I just hope we beat the Colts. This is our last game feeling undermanned. We're going to kick some ass soon. Hopefully on Thursday Night.
Old 10-05-2014   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417Texan View Post
How, Foster out performed every single player on the field on both teams. He sure as hell had the right to talk smack.....

Oh i forgot let's not talk smack because someone in this powder puff league may get their feelings hurt.

I'll tell you who looked like a dumb ass, the commentators calling the game. The were so far up the girls ass that i wonder if they didn't go get matching cowboys chest tattoos after this one. If we did something that should of been a penalty and it didnt get called it was all they would talk about, how the refs missed one, but if the cowboys did something and didnt get called. All they would say is he got away with one there.
Old 10-05-2014   #6
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

I like the Texans chances to make the playoffs. We just have to keep playing hard and grinding away. Pray for some good health as well.

We can't afford to have anymore serious injuries to any of the big boys aka Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, DeAndre Hopkins, Duane Brown, J.J. Watt, Brian Cushing, Jadeveon Clowney and both of our starting corners (Joseph and Jackson).

If we can play like we did today with a few better throws from the quarterback position, we can not only make the playoffs but possibly reach the AFC Championship game. I believe in this team more than ever after today. Even with the question marks at quarterback.

We've got a ton of talent. Just need to stay healthy and make a few more big plays on offense. The opportunities to win are in the Texans hands. They have a chance to win. I never feel like they have no chance against any team. Even against the Giants on the road - our worst loss of the season - we were tied 0-0 with 3:30 left until halftime.
Old 10-05-2014   #7
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

For such a non-rivalry that so many Cowboy fans proclaim, there sure is a lot of pent up anger directed towards the Texans in that thread.
Old 10-05-2014   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Arian looked like a dumb a on this
157 yards rushing and 2 TDs... not really.
Old 10-05-2014   #9
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Very encouraging game today. We did everything right except win the game. But maybe this loss will fuel us moving forward. If the Texans beat the Colts on Thursday Night we'll all be happy and focusing on winning the AFC South division title moving forward.

We just need to relax and bring the noise on Thursday Night. This will feel like a playoff game. NRG Stadium will be packed and louder than ever. Losing to the Cowboys and Giants on the road should be a gut check and likely toughened this team up. The players and coaches should be proud of themselves and realize what they have to do now.

I'd be more worried if I were a Cowboys fan. I saw a lot of Tony Romo being Tony Romo today. Making costly mistakes under big pressure. He's fortunate Dez Bryant made that sensational catch on 3rd and 9 in overtime. Only the greatest wideouts make that catch. Johnathan Joseph had great coverage and perhaps he knocks it away if he had made a play at the ball. Andre Johnson made plenty of those catches during his prime.

Enough about the Dallas Cowboys. We have a big game to win on Thursday Night against the Colts. We need to take everything we learned from the two losses against the Cowboys and Giants and improve those mistakes.
Old 10-05-2014   #10
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

OP is hyped if JJ or AJ did it.
Old 10-05-2014   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Succinctly and accurately said.
Old 10-05-2014   #12
humblegeo
Veteran

Rep Power: 7770 humblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respectedhumblegeo is a quality contributor and well respected

What's he saying? I'm the real deal, not DeMarco Murray!!
I thought he would have a good game today and something to prove, with all this talk about how great Murray is. Too bad we didn't go for it on 4th and 2 in overtime.......
humblegeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
He did. Should have said this is MY house.
From what I hear, there were a lot of red jerseys in the stand. They said our crowd was louder than the Cowboy's..... sounds like our house.

Dallas was supposed to "kill" us. We're supposed to be rebuilding. Took them to OT. Had they blown us out, I could see the "dumb ass" comment. But seeing how they were lucky to win, I think it was just a bit premature.
Old 10-05-2014   #14
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

BS OP. He can say whatever the hell he wants with his performance today. If we had a halfway decent QB this would be a W.
Old 10-05-2014   #15
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

half the fans were Texans fans. #23 ran elite. he can talk.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014   #16
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45905 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know why he did that and I was slightly embarrassed for him. Does he has a successful history rushing against the Cowboys or something? It would've have been OK if he had previously rushed for 200yds and 3 tds against them, but really, Arian?

He probably deserve the game ball if we won. But to pulled that out at that time, when the game was only tied
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I don't know why he did that and I was slightly embarrassed for him. Does he has a successful history rushing against the Cowboys or something? It would've have been OK if he had previously rushed for 200yds and 3 tds against them, but really, Arian?

He probably deserve the game ball if we won. But to pulled that out at that time, when the game was tied
Or... there were a bunch of red jerseys in the stands.
Old 10-06-2014   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-06-2014   #19
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing negative should even be brought regarding Foster after Sunday's game. When you are talking bad about Foster your talking bad about the whole texans offense.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014   #20
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
157 yards rushing and 2 TDs... not really.
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
From what I hear, there were a lot of red jerseys in the stand. They said our crowd was louder than the Cowboy's..... sounds like our house.

Dallas was supposed to "kill" us. We're supposed to be rebuilding. Took them to OT. Had they blown us out, I could see the "dumb ass" comment. But seeing how they were lucky to win, I think it was just a bit premature.
And this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
half the fans were Texans fans. #23 ran elite. he can talk.
And this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post

He probably deserve the game ball if we won. But to pulled that out at that time, when the game was only tied
Not this!

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read