Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2014   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default It's On The QB

That is where I place the blame. Anyone feel the same way? Defense forced enough turnovers to win the game. No points in the first half that falls on Fitzpatrick IMO. Foster had a good game. I am not going to call Ryan names and make fun of him because he is playing while none of us are out there playing. He is trying good for him but when you are being paid to lead a team and win that is not good enough. He is the number one downfall on the team right now. Just a simple observation IMO. Sorry, if you disagree. Let the ripping begin if you wish. JMHO.

Last edited by gary; 10-05-2014 at 05:12 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #2
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's On The QB

There are people here saying this since preseason. I have no optimism with Fitz as qb.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #3
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Fitz must go. He has heart nothing else. Noodle arm. Ok backup. We will never see Obriens full playbook until we get a competent QB with a cannon
PHILLYTEXANFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #4
atomictelephone
Veteran

Rep Power: 10582 atomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respectedatomictelephone is a quality contributor and well respected

Totally agree. I like Fitz but he's not going to get it done. The problem is I don't think Mallet will be the answer either and if Savage proves to be worth anything as a starter obviously that is likely two or three years out.
atomictelephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they're just waiting for Mallett to learn the offense.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Remember a few weeks ago when everyone was saying we're two~three years away? We'll be lucky to win 6 games this year..... lucky.

Fitz is who he is, we knew who he was before the start of the season. I was one of the guys who was extremely upset that Fitz was going to be starting. I wanted Mallet to start after only being with us for three days...

But right now, after that game, I think we're overreacting about being "too" upset at our QB, our OL, our coach... etc.. That wasn't a game we "should" have won. We're upset because we had an opportunity to win & didn't.

I get it. I'm mad.... but I think we can look at that game & feel good about the direction this team is heading. I still believe we will be playing for a play off spot in December.
Old 10-05-2014   #7
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Remember a few weeks ago when everyone was saying we're two~three years away? We'll be lucky to win 6 games this year..... lucky.

Fitz is who he is, we knew who he was before the start of the season. I was one of the guys who was extremely upset that Fitz was going to be starting. I wanted Mallet to start after only being with us for three days...

But right now, after that game, I think we're overreacting about being "too" upset at our QB, our OL, our coach... etc.. That wasn't a game we "should" have won. We're upset because we had an opportunity to win & didn't.

I get it. I'm mad.... but I think we can look at that game & feel good about the direction this team is heading. I still believe we will be playing for a play off spot in December.
Posts like this piss me off. So because we are doing better than you thought, we should be ok with a crap qb, questionable play calls and bone headed penalties? We should just sit back and thank God we have football in Houston? GTFO with that non-sense. This team has plenty of talent and the ability to contend this year if we could get average qb play. Its that simple
Old 10-05-2014   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I'm excited.

I hated the 3rd and 2 call in OT but other than that, I thought we played really well.

We knew coming in that Fitzy was going to cost us games and he cost us this one but if we had a good QB, we'd be a sure-fire play-off team. But with the guts this team played with today, we could surprise some people.

I'm feeling better about this season, actually.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #9
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if it was Fitz or the play calling. Everything seemed very predictable.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm still saying the Texans are lucky. I caught myself today hoping for that magical turnover (understandable with Romo at QB) winning the game.

I like the general direction the team is going in. I like the roster turnover we've seen. I see a lot to like. I also see a lot of growing pains and a rookie staff getting their seas legs. That's why I have no expectations for the season.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Posts like this piss me off. So because we are doing better than you thought, we should be ok with a crap qb, questionable play calls and bone headed penalties? We should just sit back and thank God we have football in Houston? GTFO with that non-sense. This team has plenty of talent and the ability to contend this year if we could get average qb play. Its that simple
Don't hold back, 80. How do you really feel?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Personally, I'm excited.

I hated the 3rd and 2 call in OT but other than that, I thought we played really well.

We knew coming in that Fitzy was going to cost us games and he cost us this one but if we had a good QB, we'd be a sure-fire play-off team. But with the guts this team played with today, we could surprise some people.

I'm feeling better about this season, actually.
Nows not the time to be sneaking in my koolaid stash Pencil

Old 10-05-2014   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

All depends on QB play.
Old 10-05-2014   #14
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't even know what he's good at? he doesn't have a strong arm. he really doesn't even attempt long passes. he doesn't have great touch. he forces passes. he's not even smart. he doesn't have veteran savvy.

he just isn't talented at all. he shouldn't be a starter on an nfl team. he should holding a clipboard and collecting checks.

he has a decent defense and more weapons that guys like cam newton so he can't blame the team around him.

i had outrageously low expectations this season for him and he isn't even living up to that.

without watt and even more ineptitude from the raiders, bills, and redskins we would be 0-5.

it's obvious OB thinks fitzpatrick is garbage too which is why he does't even trust him.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Not at all where I was going.

We knew we were going to suck this year. Why get pissed off when we suck?
Old 10-05-2014   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
All depends on QB play.

Completely. I was willing to give Fitz the benefit of the doubt. "The doubt" didn't last long.

This needs to stop. What was the point of sending Schaub packing if the only alternate plan was Fitz? If we planned to go into 2014 with inept QB play we were already loaded. Both barrels.

I don't expect anything to change until we see Mallet or Savage playing. I didn't say it would necessarily change for the better. Just that it's going to be SS/DD until then.
Old 10-05-2014   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm still saying the Texans are lucky. I caught myself today hoping for that magical turnover (understandable with Romo at QB) winning the game.
Exactly. I thought the only way we win this game was if Bad Romo showed up. But he didn't & we had a shot. We "should've" won.

Arian Foster had 127 yards rushing in the second half.
Old 10-05-2014   #18
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Because not all of us thought we would suck and even if you did think we would suck, when the games started you can clearly see our team is an above .500 team with a 2-14 type qb behind center....its frustrating
Old 10-05-2014   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Completely. I was willing to give Fitz the benefit of the doubt. "The doubt" didn't last long.

This needs to stop. What was the point of sending Schaub packing if the only alternate plan was Fitz? If we planned to go into 2014 with inept QB play we were already loaded. Both barrels.

I don't expect anything to change until we see Mallet or Savage playing. I didn't say it would necessarily change for the better. Just that it's going to be SS/DD until then.
It won't even be about injuries. Bad defense. Bad running game. At least not this season. Just strictly QB play.
Old 10-05-2014   #20
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 11234 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think we would do alright, only if we have a decent QB under center.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read