Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who has more bragging rights in the Manning house?
Peyton 16 34.78%
Eli 30 65.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2012   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who has more bragging rights in the Manning house?

In regards to their NFL career thus far, which Manning brother has the most bragging rights? Peyton, regarded as one of the best ever. Or Eli, who has more championships.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who has more bragging rights in the Manning house?

Peyton is still the better quarterback and more successful overall.

Eli can and will keep chipping away though.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Archie
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton is the better QB. I like Eli, but Super Bowl and Super Bowl appearances are a terrible way to judge any player.
Old 02-06-2012   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Peyton is the better QB. I like Eli, but Super Bowl and Super Bowl appearances are a terrible way to judge any player.
Peyton puts up better fantasy football numbers
Eli wins big games.

Advantage: Eli
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Peyton puts up better fantasy football numbers
Eli wins big games.

Advantage: Eli
I have to agree with this -

Stats are for losers. We should know that after the decade of sufferage we've been thru as Texans fans. We always point to the bright spot stats .... but never point to the Trophy.

Championships .... well , they are for "The Champs".

Twice Eli's led his team to 4th quarter comebacks in "The Big Game".

Kinda boils down to how you measure success .... putting up numbers or winning.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, you guys are old so I don't care.
Old 02-06-2012   #8
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton is the better QB, obviously, but Eli is the more successful QB.

Also, if you look at both Eli's SB's, its been him who's led that team to the title.

Peyton's had plenty of chances and only taken one of them, the one he lost it was his INT and his inability to get it in in 4 downs in the redzone that ruined their chances.

Also, Peyton is 9-10 in the Playoffs, TJ Yates is at .500, so if they invite TJ round for dinner, he's got bragging rights too (thats a joke btw)
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #9
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton is one of the best QBs to ever play the game. Very cerebral. One of the best fb minds, imo.

Eli--meh...

I'd take Peyton 6 days a week and twice on Sunday, over Eli.

Just don't like Eli.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Well, you guys are old so I don't care.
cough cough ..... you are older than me !

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eli is a key cog in the giants machinery....Peyton is/was the team so its still peyton imo. sb's are team efforts. if eli doesnt have that defense he doesnt win anything.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm, bragging rights go to Eli. If I'm an NFL QB I would trade all the league records I could to get another SB Ring. Stats certainly are for losers, winning the big game is what matters and Peyton couldn't get it done against the Saints. Advantage Eli.
Old 02-06-2012   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Peyton is still the better quarterback and more successful overall.

Eli can and will keep chipping away though.
I still think of Peyton as the greatest of my generation. This championship, I think, allows Eli to get out of that shadow & just be Eli. People are going to want to compare them all the time. But if I'm Eli, I've got my thing & Peyton has his thing & we can be happy for each other, without the "I'm trying to be Peyton" thing.

I don't think of Eli as a leader, a field general. He's had better teams around him than Peyton every has. So I don't think it's even comparable.

Eli has his thing

Peyton has his thing

& they both have legacies greater than their dad.
Old 02-06-2012   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Eli has always been overshawdowed by Peyton all his life but his two SB rings trumps him now. I'm happy for Eli Manning. You just gotta know Peyton's secretly raging with jealousy. He mad.
Old 02-06-2012   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care one way or the other about either of them. Peyton is washed up now and will never be the same threat in the AFC South. Eli is in the NFC.

But, Eli has two rings as the Giants starting QB, Peyton has one ring and won't get any more unless it's as a coach.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #16
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton is the better QB but he really isn't a team player - he is a leader, director and the entire team depends upon him as became readily apparent this year.

Eli is the better team player. Next year Eli's name will be up there with the QBs who have won multiple SBs - not Peyton.

Thus, Eli is the better overall and I'm happy for him.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Threads like THIS ONE is the main reason I wanted the Giants to LOSE!! Who the --------- cares?? I'm so SICK of the Mannings I could puke, esp Eli!!

Sorry I read this thread, sorry I ever heard the word MANNING, sorry I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and realized I didn't DREAM about the fact that the f-n Mannings would be crammed down our throats for the entire off season!!!

I'm out of here for a while! Be back when FA or talk about the draft starts! Maybe by then the Manning show will be coming to a close, for a while anyway!!

I apologize NOW for being in such a bad mood today, and for offending all you Manning lovers!! I won't be back for a few weeks so I have to do it NOW instead of after you all blast me to hell an back!!

To KEVIN: Thanks for tolerating me, and for putting up with my intense dislike for your second fav team, well, their QB anyway. I would totally understand if you want to ban me!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Threads like THIS ONE is the main reason I wanted the Giants to LOSE!! Who the --------- cares?? I'm so SICK of the Mannings I could puke, esp Eli!!

Sorry I read this thread, sorry I ever heard the word MANNING, sorry I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and realized I didn't DREAM about the fact that the f-n Mannings would be crammed down our throats for the entire off season!!!

I'm out of here for a while! Be back when FA or talk about the draft starts! Maybe by then the Manning show will be coming to a close, for a while anyway!!

I apologize NOW for being in such a bad mood today, and for offending all you Manning lovers!! I won't be back for a few weeks so I have to do it NOW instead of after you all blast me to hell an back!!

To KEVIN: Thanks for tolerating me, and for putting up with my intense dislike for your second fav team, well, their QB anyway. I would totally understand if you want to ban me!
Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!

BAN G'MA!!

Enjoy your offseason and retirement. See you next year!
Old 02-06-2012   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Payton is a considerably better than his brother. His brother just has an extra ring is all.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Payton is a considerably better than his brother. His brother just has an extra ring is all.
Peyton is a first ballot HOFer..... Eli, not so much. Not yet anyway.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read