Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2012   #1
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default IF the texans were in the super bowl

How do u think we would of matched up and played aganist the giants ?????

well one thing do u think Shaun COdy/Mitchell would have been able to stop the Giants RB's ??????? i dont think so
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: IF the texans were in the super bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by norg View Post
how do u think we would of matched up and played aganist the giants ?????

Well one thing do u think shaun cody/mitchell would have been able to stop the giants rb's ??????? I dont think so
117-0 texans!!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

well one thing do u think Shaun COdy/Mitchell would have been able to stop the Giants RB's ??????? i dont think so
Why do this? It's bad enough we weren't there.

I've been hearing this all week, from friends & family. "If Matt this" "If Jacoby that" yada yada yada.....

We didn't make it, we weren't there.

The Giants played the Patriots in the SuperBowl 4 years ago & this game was nothing like that. The Giants played the Patriots what 4, 6 weeks ago & this game was nothing like that.

You saw those balls that Welker, Hernandez, Grant dropped? Different game, different pressures, different atmosphere... you can't coulda woulda shoulda this..

But, I do enjoy rubbing it into my Cowboy-fan "friends"...... that should've been you......

BWAAAAhHhaaahaahahaaahaha
Old 02-05-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why do this? It's bad enough we weren't there.

I've been hearing this all week, from friends & family. "If Matt this" "If Jacoby that" yada yada yada.....

We didn't make it, we weren't there.

The Giants played the Patriots in the SuperBowl 4 years ago & this game was nothing like that. The Giants played the Patriots what 4, 6 weeks ago & this game was nothing like that.

You saw those balls that Welker, Hernandez, Grant dropped? Different game, different pressures, different atmosphere... you can't coulda woulda shoulda this..

But, I do enjoy rubbing it into my Cowboy-fan "friends"...... that should've been you......

BWAAAAhHhaaahaahahaaahaha
i really just wanted to talk about the Texans players and how u think they would of matched up with the giants

i know this last time we played the GIants we got killed
Old 02-05-2012   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

why wouldnt they be able to stop the giants RBs. I didnt see much from them that impressed me in the Super Bowl. Not to mention the Patriots defense cant even be mentioned in the same sentence as the texns defense.
Old 02-05-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i really just wanted to talk about the Texans players and how u think they would of matched up with the giants

i know this last time we played the GIants we got killed
I honestly don't know.

That LB that intercepted that ball.... it must have hung in the air for an hour for him. Do we have a LB, mentally tough enough to focus for that "hour" to pull that ball in?

Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham... all those guys, young... clutch. Would our guys handle the pressure of this game that way?

Eli.... sacked 3 times, but never stopped playing, never stopped trusting his protection, made some ridiculous throws. Do we have a QB on our roster who could pull through like that?

Heck, would we even get into a shootout... slinging the ball like that? I mean our game plan would have been to run up & down the Giants... if we couldn't & had to go to plan B, can we flip that switch like that?
Old 02-05-2012   #7
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans can beat the Giants if healthy. If you're talking about Schaub and Mario back on the field, I think Houston would have beaten them 31-17 and we'd be celebrating a Texans championship year. They would have finished 14-2 and as the first seed, blew out the Broncos and Ravens at home, and then they would have spanked the Giants by two Touchdowns. If only health was on our side. Maybe it will be in 2012 as we make that march to the Superdome in New Orleans.
Old 02-05-2012   #8
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't matter, but HWSNBN has a ring now...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #9
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

you never know what could happen in a super bowl.

one of our key players could have gotten injured in the super bowl.

kubiak could have gotten outcoached.

schuab could have got hurried and folded like a chair.

whoever kareem jackson was covering could have had a big game.

congrats to the giants.

could we have beaten them? sure

then again i think the rockets could have beat the lakers in 09 with a healthy t-mac and yao

we need to come back next year and STAY HEALTHY because as a rockets fan i hate the "if" game.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

JFYI

After watching the SB (and almost every single Pats game the last two years) I see that Kareem Jackson ahead of McCourty was, is, and will remain the correct call.

The Pats have been playing McCourty more and more at safety.
And they play a lot of cover 2 no matter who is at CB.
It makes the job harder for the front players when they can't bring a safety down to help either the running game or pressuring the QB or playing the TE close to the vest.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

yes McCourty Jackson and that CB from the jets forgot name

All came from the same draft right

i think Jackson is playing the best out of all of them dont chu think
Old 02-06-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yes McCourty Jackson and that CB from the jets forgot name

All came from the same draft right

i think Jackson is playing the best out of all of them dont chu think
Right, all three were from the same draft.

Kyle Wilson was in the dog house for a while last year due to poor play and too many penalties. He was playing mostly nickel back and some CB at the time. He's now playing nickel back for the Jets.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #13
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Why not? The Texans have a much better defense than the Patriots...much better.

Still though can't say we'd win or anything, I'm sure the Giants defense would get a few TOs themselves.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #14
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Right, all three were from the same draft.

Kyle Wilson was in the dog house for a while last year due to poor play and too many penalties. He was playing mostly nickel back and some CB at the time. He's now playing nickel back for the Jets.
All those CBs are "ehh" at best. Wilson, Jackson, McCourty, Robinson...
Old 02-06-2012   #15
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

cowboys get waxxxxxxxed by the packers...
Old 02-06-2012   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
JFYI

After watching the SB (and almost every single Pats game the last two years) I see that Kareem Jackson ahead of McCourty was, is, and will remain the correct call.

The Pats have been playing McCourty more and more at safety.
And they play a lot of cover 2 no matter who is at CB.
It makes the job harder for the front players when they can't bring a safety down to help either the running game or pressuring the QB or playing the TE close to the vest.
Still hard to say. Different systems, different coaches, different philosophies..... McCourty looks to be more athletic to me. I think 2010, he would have looked just as lost as Kjack had Smithiak selected him instead. But, he'd have looked a lot closer to his rookie season this year, with the pressure we got on the QB in 2011. Jackson still has issues..... mostly confidence I think. Like he's still thinking way too much.

Playing McCourty at Safety is more about Belichick being fluid with his personnel. Putting the best players/athletes on the field & letting them make plays. Maybe. You'd think you'd want your best athlete playing CB & not Safety...... they have Molden playing CB, so I don't know.

Next year, 2012, I think will be more telling.
Old 02-06-2012   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been reading for YEARS that a good DEFENSE and a strong RUNNING game wins SBs! HA!! Tell that to the Giants! True, they gotta be "good" but, if that were the case we (or the Ravens) would be celebrating today rather than the Giants. SBs are won in the air!!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #18
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I think the Texans can beat the Giants if healthy. If you're talking about Schaub and Mario back on the field, I think Houston would have beaten them 31-17 and we'd be celebrating a Texans championship year. They would have finished 14-2 and as the first seed, blew out the Broncos and Ravens at home, and then they would have spanked the Giants by two Touchdowns. If only health was on our side. Maybe it will be in 2012 as we make that march to the Superdome in New Orleans.

I think we had 3 losses before Schaub went out
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #19
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I've been reading for YEARS that a good DEFENSE and a strong RUNNING game wins SBs! HA!! Tell that to the Giants! True, they gotta be "good" but, if that were the case we (or the Ravens) would be celebrating today rather than the Giants. SBs are won in the air!!! JMO!!
I think this is a new thing. With all the rule changes having a passing game that can exploit them for 5000 yards a season is becoming more important than a D that can't stop it anyway due to the rules.

That draft was a horrible draft for CB's, I'm expecting KJax to become a decent player in this league under Wade, though I doubt he'll ever live up to 1st round status (we all expect a shutdown corner from a first round pick, which may be a problem)
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #20
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
This is no longer valid in today's NFL. I think the Giants are a good model of how successful teams will be built. Be able to throw the ball downfield, and pressure the QB, is the new recipe for success.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read