Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansChick.... you have som 'splainin to do.....

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You read this, & still made the decision to print it & put your name on it.

The Texans need to make every effort to move up to select Robert Griffin III in order to remain competitive with Colts and the rest of the NFL for the next 10 to 15 years. Yes even if it means trading Andre Johnson. Yes I said trade Andre Johnson.

Did you change your name to Solomon Stradley?

:kitten:

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
"to remain competitive with the Colts"... Umm, the Colts have a crap load of work to do "to remain competitive" with us. They are and will be looking up at us for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

While I think it's a laugher as any kind of realistic scenario, the basic premise of the arguement is sound. By "sound", I mean not getting tunnel vision and not exploring all available options.
I have no idea who Larry House is, though.

TEXANRED

Texan-American

I wouldn't trade AJ but I agree with taking RG3. Schaub is aging and in 6 years has only finished 3 seasons. He also has a major foot injury that is going to make him more of a statue than what he already was in the pocket.

The Texans are a complete team with the exception of a legit #2 WR. This team is now ready to draft the future of the franchise and have Schaub unass the seat that he has been keeping warm.

bckey

All Pro
Fans had similar responses last year when Mario was mentioned in the same way. Now he may walk away for nothing. Dre would be a completely different situation but it doesn't ever hurt to weigh all of your options. I certainly wouldn't want them to do it. It would seem to be bad timing to do it this year when the Texans are right there on the doorstep of greatness. Seems like it would be a step backwards when all the Texans need is a small step forward. Dre is the face of this franchise.

jppaul

Cut and Dry
Don't quite get the criticism of TC on this one. She clearly stated that she didn't agree with that viewpoint. Is the "splaining" necessary because she put the quote in her article? What am I missing?

TEXANRED

Texan-American
Fans had similar responses last year when Mario was mentioned in the same way. Now he may walk away for nothing. Dre would be a completely different situation but it doesn't ever hurt to weigh all of your options. I certainly wouldn't want them to do it. It would seem to be bad timing to do it this year when the Texans are right there on the doorstep of greatness. Seems like it would be a step backwards when all the Texans need is a small step forward. Dre is the face of this franchise.
I agree. Trading AJ is not the answer. Who would RG3 be throwing the football too? Now I might trade you Schaub and some draft picks to move up. And if they act now they also get Jacoby Jones for no additional charge.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't trade AJ but I agree with taking RG3. Schaub is aging and in 6 years has only finished 3 seasons. He also has a major foot injury that is going to make him more of a statue than what he already was in the pocket.

The Texans are a complete team with the exception of a legit #2 WR. This team is now ready to draft the future of the franchise and have Schaub unass the seat that he has been keeping warm.
Schaub's foot injury isn't going to do anything to his mobility. He lacked mobility before the injury and it isn't something he relies on. He's going to be just as "mobile" when he comes back and that means... not very mobile.

Also this team isn't going to give up the amount of assets that it would take to draft RGIII and to even suggest that they should is simply a pipe dream and is about as realistic as me hoping I hit the lottery tonight.... it's not even something worth discussing. I mean we might as well discuss trading for Tom Brady, because that has a equal chance of happening as well.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
Schaub's foot injury isn't going to do anything to his mobility. He lacked mobility before the injury and it isn't something he relies on. He's going to be just as "mobile" when he comes back and that means... not very mobile.

Also this team isn't going to give up the amount of assets that it would take to draft RGIII and to even suggest that they should is simply a pipe dream and is about as realistic as me hoping I hit the lottery tonight.... it's not even something worth discussing. I mean we might as well discuss trading for Tom Brady, because that has a equal chance of happening as well.
Yep. Even if they did manage to pull off a trade for RGIII, I would not be very happy about it. The Texans have the talent to win now. Trading for RGIII would require giving up multiple draft picks and probably a quality player or two as well. I would not want to give up a bunch of good pieces/players for one very talented player, even if it is at the most important position in football. We can focus on drafting a QB at some point in the near future, just not this offseason.

TEXANRED

Texan-American

I agree with that statement too. I would love to draft RG3 but I get the feeling that he is a top 5 pick and we are drafting in the mid 20's. No player is worth your entire draft.

Isn't that right New Orleans and Atlanta?

But if for some reason he drops to a spot that wouldn't cost too much to move up then yes.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I think if this team was willing to trade up and spend the necessary assets to do so...QB wouldn't even be the position they target. They would try to get Blackmon if they wanted to do that.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If, like me, you were dumb enough to read the whole thing, he wants to trade Mario, Schaub, & Andre for three 1st round picks in this draft, several picks later in this draft, & a few picks next year as well.

I'm against trading Andre, but if it happens it happens.

I don't see the "wisdom" in trading our starting QB, the only WR we have & I still don't see how we could possibly sign & trade Mario.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Don't quite get the criticism of TC on this one. She clearly stated that she didn't agree with that viewpoint. Is the "splaining" necessary because she put the quote in her article? What am I missing?
Color me confused, as well.

cbs1507

Waterboy
"to remain competitive with the Colts"... Umm, the Colts have a crap load of work to do "to remain competitive" with us. The are and will be looking up at us for the foreseeable future.
lol "to remain competitive with the Colts" all we have to do is release all of our starters from last year...and then I think we'd still be better than them....

Texas T

Veteran
Color me confused, as well.
I'm with these two. OP where were you going with this??

She just was showing what some "knowledgeable" people were saying.
And she specifically said she didn't agree...

TexansFanatic

Extremist
I'm puzzled as well.

Why does TC have to explain anything?

She mentioned right there in the blog piece that she doesn't agree.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Yes, but why blog this in the first place? Pure Fantasyland.
It's the offseason, why not blog it. It's no more fantasy than a lot of the junk all of us are talking about the team doing.

TexansFanatic

Extremist
It's the offseason, why not blog it. It's no more fantasy than a lot of the junk all of us are talking about the team doing.
You beat me to it.

The answer is: "Why not?"

I would imagine it's sometimes tough to come up with ideas for a blog piece during the off-season when there's not much to talk about.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
I thought it was a poor article but I don't think she was trying to gain bogus hits by writing a crap story. She just struck out with this one. It happens to the best of us.

keyser

Veteran
If, like me, you were dumb enough to read the whole thing, he wants to trade Mario, Schaub, & Andre for three 1st round picks in this draft, several picks later in this draft, & a few picks next year as well.
You left out Owen Daniels!

If you ask me, that trade scenario is the type of thing you talk about when you have a team with little promise, that needs major improvements. If we had just gone 2-14, then sure, you can trade the players that are getting older or whatever to set yourself up for the long term. But, we're a team that made and won in the playoffs. The goal should be what is going to get us that little bit more, not how can we tear things apart and rebuild from scratch.

It sounds like that person is stuck in the old-time Texans mindset, and hasn't woken up to the fact that our team is a competitor. We need to make moves that get us to the next level over the next 3 years, not sacrifice the present to set us up for 3 years from now.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
If you ask me, that trade scenario is the type of thing you talk about when you have a team with little promise...
This is the type of thing you talk about when you have a lot of mushrooms.

BullBlitz

Section 331
lol "to remain competitive with the Colts" all we have to do is release all of our starters from last year...and then I think we'd still be better than them....
So...you think that they will remain that bad forever?
:kubepalm::kubepalm:

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Like trading away our best players, signing a no-neck-nerve, cut up old QB, or Wade's secret plan to overthrow Kubes by allowing beaucoup points next year?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I love TC, & she knows that I know she don't have to explain anything to anyone. The title of this thread is simply a stab at levity.

I doubt she got as bent out of shape about it as you did.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
This is the premise of his whole line of thinking. If we don't match the Colts move to get a fancy new QB with our own fancy new QB then we're doomed. We should get that fancy new QB at all costs. Never mind that we trade away all our first string offensive talent.

And did you see the part where he says Antonio Smith should be cut?

He's right about one thing. I think he's nuts.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I am ok with discussions about trades of any type. If I don't agree I just mosey along. I am ok with trading Schaub and Probably Daniels but not in this scenario.

jppaul

Cut and Dry
I love TC, & she knows that I know she don't have to explain anything to anyone. The title of this thread is simply a stab at levity.

I doubt she got as bent out of shape about it as you did.
Apparently we are on different wave lengths here. I am not bent out of shape just curious. I cannot see from my post where you drew the conclusion that I "got bent out of shape" nor do i see that the posting, title and the conclusions made about my question make any sense at all.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
u wanna know what i think the texans are one peice away from getting dat lombardy trophy

and TBO that one peice is Peyton manning

dalemurphy

Hall of Fame
u wanna know what i think the texans are one peice away from getting dat lombardy trophy

and TBO that one peice is Peyton manning
Are you talking about the guy that is entering his late 30s, just had the same surgery that turned Steve Slaton into mush, and the guy that would destroy our cap situation?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Are you talking about the guy that is entering his late 30s, just had the same surgery that turned Steve Slaton into mush, and the guy that would destroy our cap situation?
First, I recently heard that Peyton is willing to restructure his contract with the Colts to stay. No signing bonus & earning his money based on production. If he's willing to do that to go to a contending team... it won't really affect the cap.

Second.. Peyton had that surgery 3 times less than 18 months apart.

Just say'n

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Someone please explain to me why anyone with any knowledge of the AFC South and the Texans salary cap situation, would even for a second take seriously the concept of Peyton Manning coming to Houston.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Someone please explain to me why anyone with any knowledge of the AFC South and the Texans salary cap situation, would even for a second take seriously the concept of Peyton Manning coming to Houston.
Join the club. I've been trying to get someone to explain that for a good while now.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
Let some free agents walk (Mario/Myers), and there will be plenty of money to sign Peyton to a nice deal. It's certainly possible Manning could come to Houston, but he probably won't.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
All of my friends, family and workers know how close I follow the Texans. Every time one of them mentions "so and so said the Texans might look at bringing Manning in", I want to chop them in the throat. It makes me sick

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
There always an element of if is a big/popular name the Texans (or whatever team) should sign/trade for/ bribe or what ever else to get him on the team. Sometimes it make sense, but most of the time its just idle chatter. Only harm that can come, is when people confuse not getting the biggest name with cheapness/not wanting to win.

2012Champs

Hall of Fame

Because Manning has said he would be open to being cap friendly. If a deal is possible you have to at least see what the details are

gtexan02

Working?
I can understand why Manning would want to come here. I mean, can you imagine facing this defense twice a year for the next few years?:D

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don't think it's so much about taking this scenario seriously as it is fun to just speculate about it.

You think talking about UFO's is cool. Some folks think it's stupid. Same thing here. :)

Blake

MMQB
First, I recently heard that Peyton is willing to restructure his contract with the Colts to stay. No signing bonus & earning his money based on production. If he's willing to do that to go to a contending team... it won't really affect the cap.

Second.. Peyton had that surgery 3 times less than 18 months apart.

Just say'n
Just because he is willing to do an incentive based contract doesnt mean its going to be cheap. I still think whoever signs him will either get a broken player and be -1 starting QB, or he does play and they pay a **** ton in incentives.

I still dont think he will ever play again.