Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2012   #21
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TexansChick.... you have som 'splainin to do.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yes, but why blog this in the first place? Pure Fantasyland.
It's the offseason, why not blog it. It's no more fantasy than a lot of the junk all of us are talking about the team doing.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #22
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
It's the offseason, why not blog it. It's no more fantasy than a lot of the junk all of us are talking about the team doing.
You beat me to it.

The answer is: "Why not?"

I would imagine it's sometimes tough to come up with ideas for a blog piece during the off-season when there's not much to talk about.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #23
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought it was a poor article but I don't think she was trying to gain bogus hits by writing a crap story. She just struck out with this one. It happens to the best of us.
Old 02-05-2012   #24
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19488 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If, like me, you were dumb enough to read the whole thing, he wants to trade Mario, Schaub, & Andre for three 1st round picks in this draft, several picks later in this draft, & a few picks next year as well.
You left out Owen Daniels!

If you ask me, that trade scenario is the type of thing you talk about when you have a team with little promise, that needs major improvements. If we had just gone 2-14, then sure, you can trade the players that are getting older or whatever to set yourself up for the long term. But, we're a team that made and won in the playoffs. The goal should be what is going to get us that little bit more, not how can we tear things apart and rebuild from scratch.

It sounds like that person is stuck in the old-time Texans mindset, and hasn't woken up to the fact that our team is a competitor. We need to make moves that get us to the next level over the next 3 years, not sacrifice the present to set us up for 3 years from now.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #25
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post

If you ask me, that trade scenario is the type of thing you talk about when you have a team with little promise...
This is the type of thing you talk about when you have a lot of mushrooms.
Old 02-05-2012   #26
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
lol "to remain competitive with the Colts" all we have to do is release all of our starters from last year...and then I think we'd still be better than them....
So...you think that they will remain that bad forever?
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #27
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
So...you think that they will remain that bad forever?
Not forever, but for another year or so. They were epically bad in '11.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2012   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like trading away our best players, signing a no-neck-nerve, cut up old QB, or Wade's secret plan to overthrow Kubes by allowing beaucoup points next year?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
Don't quite get the criticism of TC on this one. She clearly stated that she didn't agree with that viewpoint. Is the "splaining" necessary because she put the quote in her article? What am I missing?
I love TC, & she knows that I know she don't have to explain anything to anyone. The title of this thread is simply a stab at levity.

I doubt she got as bent out of shape about it as you did.
Old 02-05-2012   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
lol "to remain competitive with the Colts" all we have to do is release all of our starters from last year...and then I think we'd still be better than them....
This is the premise of his whole line of thinking. If we don't match the Colts move to get a fancy new QB with our own fancy new QB then we're doomed. We should get that fancy new QB at all costs. Never mind that we trade away all our first string offensive talent.

And did you see the part where he says Antonio Smith should be cut?

He's right about one thing. I think he's nuts.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am ok with discussions about trades of any type. If I don't agree I just mosey along. I am ok with trading Schaub and Probably Daniels but not in this scenario.
Old 02-05-2012   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 02-05-2012   #33
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
fixed it
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #34
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I love TC, & she knows that I know she don't have to explain anything to anyone. The title of this thread is simply a stab at levity.

I doubt she got as bent out of shape about it as you did.
Apparently we are on different wave lengths here. I am not bent out of shape just curious. I cannot see from my post where you drew the conclusion that I "got bent out of shape" nor do i see that the posting, title and the conclusions made about my question make any sense at all.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #35
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u wanna know what i think the texans are one peice away from getting dat lombardy trophy

and TBO that one peice is Peyton manning
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #36
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
u wanna know what i think the texans are one peice away from getting dat lombardy trophy

and TBO that one peice is Peyton manning
Are you talking about the guy that is entering his late 30s, just had the same surgery that turned Steve Slaton into mush, and the guy that would destroy our cap situation?
Old 02-06-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Are you talking about the guy that is entering his late 30s, just had the same surgery that turned Steve Slaton into mush, and the guy that would destroy our cap situation?
First, I recently heard that Peyton is willing to restructure his contract with the Colts to stay. No signing bonus & earning his money based on production. If he's willing to do that to go to a contending team... it won't really affect the cap.

Second.. Peyton had that surgery 3 times less than 18 months apart.

Just say'n
Old 02-08-2012   #38
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249060 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone please explain to me why anyone with any knowledge of the AFC South and the Texans salary cap situation, would even for a second take seriously the concept of Peyton Manning coming to Houston.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #39
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Someone please explain to me why anyone with any knowledge of the AFC South and the Texans salary cap situation, would even for a second take seriously the concept of Peyton Manning coming to Houston.
Join the club. I've been trying to get someone to explain that for a good while now.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #40
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Let some free agents walk (Mario/Myers), and there will be plenty of money to sign Peyton to a nice deal. It's certainly possible Manning could come to Houston, but he probably won't.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read