Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2012   #161
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Solomon: If Manning on market, Texans should be first in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Lombardi: Peyton Manning cannot throw to his left, lacks velocity.

Link

Schaub will be a starter again before Peyton.
I'm not buying that.

What "people that are catching his passes" are going to go and spread that kind of news?

Doesn't make any sense.

Maybe he is not up to speed. Maybe he never plays again.

I just don't believe that he is throwing to some guys and they go out and say those things even if true.

Lombardi is lying or someone lied to him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #162
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

It does beg the question: What person would (a) catch passes or be in attendance of those sessions, and then (b) leak information to Lombardi that paints #18 in a bad light?

A person would have to be crazy to do that. Because they will narrow down who it was who leaked the information. It wouldn't be difficult.

Not saying it isn;t true, just saying that if it IS true...the person who leaked it better have gotten a nice payday from NFLN because he'll never work anywhere again after having leaked sensitive information about #18. Correct?
Old 02-10-2012   #163
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not buying that.

What "people that are catching his passes" are going to go and spread that kind of news?

Doesn't make any sense.

Maybe he is not up to speed. Maybe he never plays again.

I just don't believe that he is throwing to some guys and they go out and say those things even if true.

Lombardi is lying or someone lied to him.
Well, money talks and can often make lips a lot looser. But, Lombardi could just be jabbing out his butt, too.

To be honest, I tend to believe that Manning is having some difficulty with his rehab, because if he was throwing okay, I think we would see video of it. Manning needs to sell himself, to either Irsay or some other team. Hiding his progress leads me to believe that it's not going as good as he wants it to. JMO
Old 02-10-2012   #164
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this pretty much shows why Peyton's getting cut. It's the smart financial decision for the Colts, but unfortunately for them it will cost them a lot.

Quote:
The Option Treatment

The Cap treatment of the option bonus, due to its timing, is rather unique. Since it is due and payable within the 2011 League Year -- the March 8th deadline precedes the March 13th 2012 League Year opening -- the option amount is prorated into 2011 as well as future years of the contract. Thus, $5.6 million – 1/5th of the $28 million option bonus – was allocated as a Cap charge in every year of the original contract.

In the event Manning is released, the Cap charges for the option will come off the books, meaning the $5.6 million charge for 2012 will be deleted and the $5.6 million option proration amount in 2011 will then become a credit to the 2012 Cap, reducing the Colts' Cap charge on Manning by that amount.

Manning's Cap charge, if somehow the Colts exercise the option and keep him, is the following: $4 million (the amount of prorated signing bonus) PLUS $5.6 million (the amount of prorated option bonus) PLUS $7.4 million (the amount of salary) EQUALS $17 million.

So what is Manning’s 2012 Cap charge to the Colts if released?

$16 million (the amount of accelerated bonus proration) MINUS $5.6 million (the amount of credited option bonus proration) EQUALS $10.4 million.

Thus, if the Colts move on from Manning, the consequences of the contract signed five months ago will be $26.4 million in cash and $10.4 million in leftover "dead money" Cap charges.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...rt-3-9076.html
Old 02-10-2012   #165
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
To be honest, I tend to believe that Manning is having some difficulty with his rehab, because if he was throwing okay, I think we would see video of it. Manning needs to sell himself, to either Irsay or some other team. Hiding his progress leads me to believe that it's not going as good as he wants it to. JMO
Very good point.
Old 02-19-2012   #166
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
And for what, three years of service?
Three straight SuperBowl wins? Ill take it.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #167
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think this is more plausible than you're thinking.

If there's anyone that the Tebow fanboys would shut up for it would be the addition of a future HoF'er like Manning. They would realize that Manning would only be there a couple of years and make them competitive and relevant during that time. And Manning has the chops and resume' to take any heat the hardcore Tebow-ites could dish out.

The fanbase would have to know that there's no better teacher for their boy Tebow to learn from for those two years than Manning??

And Elway would HAVE to be elated with someone under center that actually knows how to be a traditional - and effective - QB.

The only snag I see is whether Manning is willing to play outside in the cold. ...especially after being indoors the last few years.

Yeah, IMO Denver would definitely be in the Capt. Forehead sweepstakes.
Quote:
You know, after I typed that, I started thinking about it and Manning might be the one trump card that Elway has to take control of his team from the Tebow Mania. Like you said, fans would most likely comprehend the potential of getting Manning, and this gives Elway a small exit to save face.

Although, I think Manning playing in an outdoor stadium in Colorado is the X factor. Dude's entire career has been home in a dome, and that cannot be overlooked.
I remember having this conversation with ObsiWan, so I had to dig it up. I guess a couple of blind squirrels can find some acorns every once in awhile!
Old 03-19-2012   #168
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I remember having this conversation with ObsiWan, so I had to dig it up. I guess a couple of blind squirrels can find some acorns every once in awhile!
Denver just seemed like the logical, obvious choice to thinking people. And to us too.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #169
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Congrats, you two. Great observations by y'all.

Old 03-19-2012   #170
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To be honest, I tend to believe that Manning is having some difficulty with his rehab, because if he was throwing okay, I think we would see video of it.
Which begs the question. How long do you think it will be before we see video of Matt Schaub?

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #171
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Which begs the question. How long do you think it will be before we see video of Matt Schaub?

I'm not too optimistic, to be honest. Based upon your personal experiences and the professional perspective of CnD, I do not have the most hopeful attitude about our season opener in September when it comes to Schaub.
Old 03-19-2012   #172
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

So I guess we're not signing Peyton....

As for Schaub, Lisfranc is a delicate fracture and we're hoping that the cartilage is forming in the joint. Stress might cause re-injury and possible arthritis.
Old 03-19-2012   #173
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Queen Solomon was a "*****" yet again!!

Thankns Jerome for being a joke, yet again!!
Old 03-19-2012   #174
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Who the hell wants to see video of Matt Schaub?... his still photos are scary/awkward enough

If there is a photogenic gene.. this cat definetely didn't get it
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read