Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2012   #61
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106584 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Im telling you now: Peyton wants hardware at this point. He will sign with a contending team for minimal base salary. I honestly believe when he gets his official release HE will contact teams not the other way around. I think he will inquire about Schaubs health and recovery.
Especially considering his little brother or his arch-rival will be getting one more ring tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #62
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Solomon: If Manning on market, Texans should be first in line

Quote:
Im telling you now: Peyton wants hardware at this point. He will sign with a contending team for minimal base salary. I honestly believe when he gets his official release HE will contact teams not the other way around. I think he will inquire about Schaubs health and recovery.
cmon man, he's not going to have to do that, teams who feel they are close will be jumping at the chance to sign him. i watched a little espn this morning & they interviewed him...he said he be willing to play primarily on an incentive based contract...if he's willing to do that, he'll have no problems recieving offers from the likes of the jets, broncos & redskins.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #63
Commodore
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Commodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
cmon man, he's not going to have to do that, teams who feel they are close will be jumping at the chance to sign him. i watched a little espn this morning & they interviewed him...he said he be willing to play primarily on an incentive based contract...if he's willing to do that, he'll have no problems recieving offers from the likes of the jets, broncos & redskins.
Or just about any other team in the league without a top 5 QB. That's the whole point of saying he'll play for a smaller contract.
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #64
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No way Manning gets released. The Colts want to control were he goes and they would probably take a 7th rounder from Tampa Bay before letting him go off and play for an AFC South rival.

And once he does get released doesn't he have to clear waivers first?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #65
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78242 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
No way Manning gets released. The Colts want to control were he goes and they would probably take a 7th rounder from Tampa Bay before letting him go off and play for an AFC South rival.

And what if no one bites? The Colts are stuck with a QB issue that costs them 25 million against the cap

Manning holds ALL the cards in that scenario.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #66
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78242 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Yeah but those teams are not ANYWHERE near Superbowl caliber.

Dolphins, Jets, redskins......lol He will make the decision and go where HE wants to. Bottom Line.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #67
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And what if no one bites? The Colts are stuck with a QB issue that costs them 25 million against the cap

Manning holds ALL the cards in that scenario.
I think some team out there would gladly pony up a 7 for Manning. Even if somebody doesn't he would have to clear waivers and what team would let Manning slip through that crack?

All I am saying is I would be shocked if Manning hits the open market. Remember how TB picked up Jake Plummer off waivers so Jake just retired? Something like that could happen to Manning. The Dolphins pick him up so he calls it a day.

Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2012   #68
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Jets sign Manning and trade Sanchez I call it..
Old 02-05-2012   #69
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Jets sign Manning and trade Sanchez I call it..
Who would waist a draft pick on Sanchez?

I will give the Jets a half eaten hot dog and the rights to Ron Dane for Mark Sanchez.

I also think if the Colts do trade Manning he will be traded out of the AFC and traded to a team the Colts do not play this year.

Old 02-05-2012   #70
Commodore
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Commodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On the BS report Schefter said he can sign the minute after he is cut
Old 02-05-2012   #71
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Who would waist a draft pick on Sanchez?

I will give the Jets a half eaten hot dog and the rights to Ron Dane for Mark Sanchez.

I also think if the Colts do trade Manning he will be traded out of the AFC and traded to a team the Colts do not play this year.
I said cut Manning not trade him which means he would be free to sign on his own.
Old 02-05-2012   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
On the BS report Schefter said he can sign the minute after he is cut
Anyone signing Manning before a physical is gambling.....
Old 02-05-2012   #73
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Considering our offseason has already started its going to be nothing but blah blah blah. Did you expect game film break down?
Something better than this drivel. I would have jettisoned this to the nfl forum, but I can't on this tablet. Really, this makes our fanbase look as stupid as Solomon.
Old 02-05-2012   #74
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106584 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Negative. He is an expiring contract, he doesn't have to clear waivers. Had he been under contract then he would have to clear waivers. In this case he is free to sign wherever he wishes.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 02-05-2012   #75
Commodore
Rookie

now that Eli has more rings, Peyton will be looking for the surest thing to match him

I predict he will reach out to the Texans
Old 02-05-2012   #76
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Negative. He is an expiring contract, he doesn't have to clear waivers. Had he been under contract then he would have to clear waivers. In this case he is free to sign wherever he wishes.
Then I am confused because I thought that Manning just inked a 5 year $90 million dollar contract. He still has another 4 years left.

Old 02-05-2012   #77
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

and begin the Peyton Watch its Off season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #78
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then I am confused because I thought that Manning just inked a 5 year $90 million dollar contract. He still has another 4 years left.
He did just sign a contract, and would therefore not be an expiring contract. The reason he wouldn't have to go through waivers is because he is a vested player (four or more years of service), and vested players waived after February 1 and before the trade deadline don't go through the waiver process - they become UFA's immediately.

The reason this it is highly unlikely that he will be traded is because Peyton has a $28 Million roster bonus due March 8th. This is prior to the date that NFL teams can trade players. If the Colts wait to trade him, they'll have to pay the $28 Million bonus, then eat that entire amount as part of the 2012 cap when they trade him. If they pay the bonus and keep him, it likely counts $7 Million against the cap in the upcoming year.

It's possible that Peyton could agree to restructure to make himself more tradeable, but since that could cost him money, and would cost him control, it's probably not very likely.
Old 02-06-2012   #79
PapaL
Loose Screw

I stand corrected. My bad.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2012   #80
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Something better than this drivel. I would have jettisoned this to the nfl forum, but I can't on this tablet. Really, this makes our fanbase look as stupid as Solomon.
Don't ever listen to any sports radio station in Houston ever then if you can't stand Hostonians and Houston fans making themselves look like idiots.

This meme of "Manning to the Texans" is popping up a lot on all the dials (Well, I don't listen to 97.5 as often as I like) and more than enough asinine phone calls are about how ditching Schaub for Manning is totally worth it because Super Bowl here we come.

I don't believe the Texans need to see themselves in a "win now" sort of mode where you are ready to mortgage your future for the present. If the brain trust thinks we need a QB, I don't see a big problem with taking a QB you like in the draft and just have him learn behind Yates for the last year of Schaub's contract.

I don't know if cutting Schaub before March 1st would draw dead money on to the cap, but I don't think Manning is going to play unless some team pays him quite a bit of money. He still hasn't been released by the Colts, so I think all of this conversation on the airwaves, on this forum, or anywhere else is strictly premature and a gigantic waste of time. Couple that with the fact that Peyton Manning and Gary Kubiak might not be a "fit". How are you going to pay money to Peyton Manning while he plays for a coach who obviously does not give his QB's much leeway to change stuff right before the ball is snapped?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read