Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-01-2012   #41
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Solomon: If Manning on market, Texans should be first in line

I'm not saying this is the dumbest thread ever, but its a contender.
Old 02-01-2012   #42
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

One thought that springs from all this, how bad is Mannings agent to have negotiated that contract now? At the time Manning could easily have held out for more security than the Colts just being able to walk away at this stage, no way they'd have been able to bank on Luck falling straight into their lap and cutting him loose after just one season.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #43
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll almost certainly be on the FA market as the colts would be idiotic to pay that 28 million when they still don't know anything; so that's not an issue imo........But there is the tiny little issue of HIM EVER BEING ABLE TO PLAY AGAIN WITH HOW HIS NECK HAS BEEN SLOW TO HEAL!!!!

The last thing we need right now, on the cusp of taking over this division, is to get bogged down with another Tony Boselli fiasco.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #44
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Solomon: If Lucifer on market, Team Jesus should be first in line.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #45
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I disagree. The run game and play action is why our offense is so potent, not the bootleg pass to the TE. Manning also has one hell of a play fake...with virtually no run game.

Manning's Arm >>>>>> Schaub's Arm
Manning's Accuracy >>>>>> Schaub's Accuracy
This is it in a nutshell. The reason why the texans run the playaction boot is because shaub is terrible when players are at his feet. He needs a perfect pocket to be effective, we all know that. The only problem I have is head,neck,or back. When dealing with those 3, its a crapshoot. In terms of the player, manning is better and will be better the next 3 yrs imo. Schaub is a manufactored kubiak production. Just from what I know about that injury, I don't think schaub will be back until mid season. The people who say that injury isnt bad for a non athletic guy is just wrong.
Old 02-01-2012   #46
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Sorry if we were able to find an non cap killer way to get Manning on board, and he wanted to come here to be part of the Texans I can't believe you don't take a chance on it.

How many times has Peyton killed us again and again.. I'd like to be on the other end of that for a while

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #47
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Well has crazy has it might seem i been wondering this will schaub ever be the same from this foot injury will he be 100%. Come week 1. If peyton is 100% i say we make a bid cor him because lets face it peyton or schaub will only be our qb for two more years max maybe. After fhat im pretty sure the plan is to make tj yates the starter
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2012   #48
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me ask u this what is te current situation on schaubs foot is he getting better is he goong to miss all of otas and tranning camp if thats the case why the heck not go for peyton
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd start TJ Yates with AJ and our two new WR draft picks and allow Schaub to heal During the season, I whisper "Matt, time to agree to a team friendly new contract for 2013. I see in my crystal ball a high draft pick in 2013 going for a QB. Oh there will not be a good in late first. Sorry. We luvs you Matty.
Old 02-03-2012   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's obvious Solomon's blog was getting very little love, so he has to write this tripe in an attempt for some attention.
Old 02-03-2012   #51
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's obvious Solomon's blog was getting very little love, so he has to write this tripe in an attempt for some attention.
Maybe it's an attempt to reel in all Dick's followers?
Old 02-04-2012   #52
Commodore
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Commodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok I'll make the case for Manning.

Washington and Miami and NYJ are not ready to contend right now (plus they are in very competitive divisions), and Peyton doesn't have time to hope they get better. Does he want to bounce around like Favre? If it's about getting a ring and not a max contract, Texans are a perfect fit.

Great play action offense for the best play action passer in the game, great defense, stars at offensive skill positions, good O-line to protect an older immobile QB. Not to mention a weak, familiar division and he gets to go against Luck twice (i.e. motivation to prove something). Plus we could get at least a 1st round pick for Schaub. That's a great asset considering how well we draft.

But we can't risk signing Manning without his arm back to full strength. To me that's a relatively easy thing to observe (no more risky than relying on Schaub's foot). If you can see him throw at a high level before signing, the risk is probably worth it.

As for the Texans being interested, Manning's star power gets us on national TV and puts fans in the seats.

Last edited by Commodore; 02-04-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #53
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub wasn't worth a 1st when he was Vick's backup, he's not worth a 1st now coming off a foot injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #54
Commodore
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Commodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respectedCommodore is a quality contributor and well respected

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Peyton Manning is willing to create a contract that would contain no guaranteed money up front and would be incentive laden with bonuses.
Old 02-05-2012   #55
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
Edit: Never mind
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #56
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As for the Texans being interested, Manning's star power gets us on national TV and puts fans in the seats.
I'll make the case against Manning.

1) The Texans aren't offering Peyton a contract.
2) See #1.

Btw, the Texans sell out Reliant for every game. Including preseason.
Old 02-05-2012   #57
Commodore
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'll make the case against Manning.

1) The Texans aren't offering Peyton a contract.
2) See #1.
1) The case against signing Manning is they aren't signing Manning? Lame

Quote:
Btw, the Texans sell out Reliant for every game. Including preseason.
Well fine, but you can't argue that having Peyton Manning would not be a revenue boon to the organization (at least in the near term).

It's like saying, "we already have Kyle Lowry, we don't need CP3".
Old 02-05-2012   #58
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1) The case against signing Manning is they aren't signing Manning? Lame

Well fine, but you can't argue that having Peyton Manning would not be a revenue boon to the organization (at least in the near term).

It's like saying, "we already have Kyle Lowry, we don't need CP3".
This thread is the definition of lame. And I did argue (successfully) that Peyton would not have an impact on revenue. You just weren't paying attention.

Peyton Manning isn't signing with the Houston Texans. Everything else in this thread is blah, blah, blah.
Old 02-05-2012   #59
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This thread is the definition of lame. And I did argue (successfully) that Peyton would not have an impact on revenue. You just weren't paying attention.

Peyton Manning isn't signing with the Houston Texans. Everything else in this thread is blah, blah, blah.
Considering our offseason has already started its going to be nothing but blah blah blah. Did you expect game film break down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012   #60
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Peyton Manning is willing to create a contract that would contain no guaranteed money up front and would be incentive laden with bonuses.
Im telling you now: Peyton wants hardware at this point. He will sign with a contending team for minimal base salary. I honestly believe when he gets his official release HE will contact teams not the other way around. I think he will inquire about Schaubs health and recovery.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read