Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2012   #21
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Solomon: If Manning on market, Texans should be first in line

Good grief! Manning running boots is laughable.

I can picture his legs being the leg braces Forrest Gump wore that shattered when he wus runnang

Old 01-31-2012   #22
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Schaub's been very confident in his progress. And he has no reason to fake it-- the starting job is still his.

Unless he thinks Kubiak is tempted to blow up everything he's coached for the past 20 years and break the bank for Manning.
I don't care how confident he says he is. He is about to find out how difficult it is to fully recover from a LisFranc. I had LisFranc surgery over two years ago, and I still haven't got all the balance back.

Edit: And FYI, the doc told me it will never feel like a foot again. It's pins and needles with every step I take.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans should plan on Schaub not returning, it makes sense for the team. But Manning is not the answer here. If Schaub doesn't come back, they need to draft a QB or else just start Yates and go get some experienced backups again.

Manning is not coming to the Texans. It just isn't happening. I can't believe anyone would give serious thought to that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Texans should plan on Schaub not returning, it makes sense for the team.
How can the team reasonably do that?

If they are planning on Schaub not returning that means they are going to treat Yates as the starting QB or they need to get one in the draft.

Which one of those scenarios make you comfortable heading into next season...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #25
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans should plan on Schaub not returning, it makes sense for the team. But Manning is not the answer here. If Schaub doesn't come back, they need to draft a QB or else just start Yates and go get some experienced backups again.

Manning is not coming to the Texans. It just isn't happening. I can't believe anyone would give serious thought to that.
I agree with Thorn all the way. I can see the reasons for bringing him here and man his play action would be hell for defenses, but we aint going after Manning.

However, this article does raise the question about if we need to get more insurance for the QB position. Like the article states, Schaub has had more seasons of being out for a few weeks than he's had healthy seasons.

Yates, although he got tested the best way a rookie could be tested, still doesn't make everyone comfortable and I'm sure after defenses have film on him, things can change for Yates very soon.

I doubt Lienart comes back and if he does, who here feels comfortable about that collar bone?

We can't put alot of money in a QB position through FA because we have our own players to get signed but I'm sure we could pick one up on the cheap. There should be some good late rounders available in this draft too. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a Case Keenum in the 4th or 5th round. The question is, what other choices are there in FA and (I don't like him but I think his style could work here) Vince Young would be one hell of an insurance policy.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #26
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Spend the money on a legitimate WR to compliment AJ80.
robroy72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #27
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
Spend the money on a legitimate WR to compliment AJ80.
That's true. We all saw how much better Yates played with #80 in the game. #80 with a legitimate threat on the other side makes for a good passing offense period.
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2012   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless he is a Texan or there is at least a small percentage of a chance he becomes a Texan, this should be posted under NFL forum.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #29
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
That bootleg is the reason our offense works so well. I wouldn't get rid of it for anything.
More athletic, Schaub or Manning? Sun-dial 40 race?
Old 01-31-2012   #30
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Unless he is a Texan or there is at least a small percentage of a chance he becomes a Texan, this should be posted under NFL forum.
But it's talking about The Texans and what he would do for our team or not do for our team. It's not just about Manning. Isn't that acceptable?
Old 01-31-2012   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

If they are planning on Schaub not returning that means they are going to treat Yates as the starting QB or they need to get one in the draft.

If we're confident Schaub will be healthy some time in 2012 season, We prepare Tj to start the season, wait for Matt to return.

If we're not so confident, we hold on to Leinart, prepare him as the starter, pup list Schaub if he isn't ready to go week 1.
Old 01-31-2012   #32
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we're confident Schaub will be healthy some time in 2012 season, We prepare Tj to start the season, wait for Matt to return.

If we're not so confident, we hold on to Leinart, prepare him as the starter, pup list Schaub if he isn't ready to go week 1.
I can't see them doing that TK...

I don't think Leinart is as bad as a lot of folks do, but despite TJ's ugly performance against the Ravens in the play-offs (and some ugly play during the season), I think he'd get the start over Leinart.

But if they are not confident in Matt coming back I think I'd be more open to Manning or VY or trading up or whatever.....

I like TJ yates a lot though, so I wouldn't be too upset if the job was his.

If TJ was the starter heading into next year I'd expect that he'd be better than this past year. We can win with TJ yates at QB. We've proved that.

How much better he can get and whether or not he can have the offense rolling as good or better than Schaub did is up for much debate....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #33
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Solomon is throwing sh!t against the wall to see what sticks (Knowing full well it wont). This article is just something to write during a time where there isnt much to write about concerning the Texans ....

He did this instead of researching the draft or salary cap situation to intelligently speak on Free Agency or the draft. Just goes to show how much suck comes from the Houston Crapical.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #34
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I know what the catagories are. The thread is posted correctly.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #35
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I don't care how confident he says he is. He is about to find out how difficult it is to fully recover from a LisFranc. I had LisFranc surgery over two years ago, and I still haven't got all the balance back.

Edit: And FYI, the doc told me it will never feel like a foot again. It's pins and needles with every step I take.
Sorry to hear about your foot. Are you the one that Cloak gave a referral to?

I was not aware that it affected balance. I figured it was more of a support or strength problem.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #36
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Sorry to hear about your foot. Are you the one that Cloak gave a referral to?

I was not aware that it affected balance. I figured it was more of a support or strength problem.
If it wasn't for Cloak, I'd probably still be walking with a limp. I almost let the wrong doctor work on my foot. I found another one that Cloak approved of, but the damage was severe. The 2nd metatarsal was shattered, which completely ruptured the LisFranc ligament, plus avulsion fractures. The doc put in 2 plates and 12 screws to create a scaffold. He debrided all the bone fragments, and mixed them with a bone graft taken from my heel, and packed all the soft bone inside the scaffold, and then fused the joints in two places.

The plates and screws are still in there. The entire scaffold has calcified into solid bone, which was his intention. He told me I would eventually be able walk normally again, but it would take a long rehab, and it would never feel like the same foot ever again.

The problem with having a cast on your foot with no weight bearing for such a long time, causes the entire leg to atrophy. Schaub will need to completely get all of his foot strength back to match the other one.

Trying standing on one foot, with the other one up in the air. Notice how much your foot wiggles back and forth and side to side in order to keep from falling over. That's the balance that I'm referring to. If you don't any strength in the foot, you can't balance your weight on it.

Now, imagine that weakened foot with little balance is the plant foot of a QB, and how that would effect throwing accuracy?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #37
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I'll probably get pummelled for this but I'd bring Cajun Boy (Delhomme) back to compete with Capt. Checkdown (Leinart) if it became evident that Schaub won't be 100% by the end of OTAs.

We can't wait until camp is over to make this call. Whoever is ready at the end of OTAs goes into camp as the #1. Only Schaub is proficient enough in this offense to miss camp and still start the season. And even he will likely need preseason to shake the rust off.

Yates was too easily fooled by the disguised defenses he saw in the playoffs for my money. And don't think other teams won't have that "tape" on him. Everyone we face would try to confuse & abuse him in the same fashion. He would have to have a helluva preseason to demonstrate that he has acquired the experience and poise required to sit for Schaub until he gets back to 100%.

As for Manning being here...? I think if he's not healthy enough (or affordable enough) to be a Colt; he should retire. There has been medical opinions/speculation that his arm strength ain't what it used to be and may never be what it was. I found this paragraph from a Huffington Post article interesting....
Quote:
Citing two sources with knowledge of Manning's rehabilitation from neck surgery, Cole reports that Manning's efforts to rebuild his arm strength since his most recent surgery have plateaued and it remains unclear if he'll ever be able to throw with the velocity necessary to play in the NFL. On Dec. 1, the Colts announced that Manning would be increasing the intensity of his workouts and that the fusion surgery on Manning's neck had achieved "firm fixation."
Sorry, but bringing Manning to the Texans under these circumstances sounds like the Tony Boselli drama all over again.

Nooooo thanks.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
...but the damage was severe. The 2nd metatarsal was shattered, which completely ruptured the LisFranc ligament, plus avulsion fractures. The doc put in 2 plates and 12 screws to create a scaffold. He debrided all the bone fragments, and mixed them with a bone graft taken from my heel, and packed all the soft bone inside the scaffold, and then fused the joints in two places.
this is nothing at all like Matt Schaub's injury. I wonder how much your experience with recovery is relevant to what's going on with Matt.
Old 02-01-2012   #39
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Fragile Mattie ain't a franchise QB but no way the Texans would ever take in Peyton.

A few average QBs like Matt Cassell (if KC keeps Orton) or Jason Campbell might be realistic options.

Then again, so could Sexy Rexy
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #40
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
LOL

Nobody even knows if he will ever play again. 3 neck surgeries - and you guys complain about Schaub. One hit and he may never walk again.

Until he is cleared to play, it is stupid to even think about getting him.

You want to forfiet the rest of the team to pay him? There goes the no 2 defense as you can't afford to pay him and them. There goes Foster - you will not be able to afford him either.

Sure the Colts won a lot of games, but how many times did they actually make it to the Super Bowl? We can damn close with a 3rd string rookie.

Having Manning does not guarantee a trip to the Super Bowl. The Texans team we have right now without Manning has a better chance of getting there.

Im not sure you have paid much attention to the surgeries he has had or why he went out in the first place but he is at no more risk of not being able to walk again than any other player from getting hit
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read