Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-30-2012   #21
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: VY wants to come home

I want a Lamborghini. Let's see what happens first.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #22
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always felt he could be pretty successful in our WCO with his ability to run with the ball on play action. I just don't think he's accurate enough though. But then again, neither was Yates.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #23
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Geeezzz!! I detest the off season!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I know a lot of people are probably more anti-Young because we've been told by the media for years that we should have drafted him, and putting aside the clear crazyness of the man...

He doesn't look a terrible QB to me, I don't see why he couldn't start somewhere, his W-L record stacks up and I struggle to see how, in a League where Kolb, Cassel, Orton etc can start, anybody could say VY isn't a starting caliber QB.

He's not exactly top half of the league, but I'd put him in the top 32 at his position.

I guess its become the in-thing to hate on your hometown boy in Houston but I reckon he'll end up, at some point down the line, getting another shot to start, and who knows what could happen if he actually applies himself and has grown up a little bit by the time it happens.

First of all, he's never been a "good" QB. Not even in college. Great athlete, but not QB. The off-season before they won the Rose Bowl they were talking about a position change with him. WR if I remember right.

Secondly, there isn't an "in thing" about hating on a hometown boy for Houstonians. This guy still gets plenty of love. It's just that those of us who were trying to tell folks this guy isn't all that got bombarded by the VY lovers. This guy was glorified beyond anything you can imagine. The media, the UT fans, even Mattress Mac was sniffing his jock and got his panties all in a wad when the Texans passed on him. Think Tebow times 50, at least around here. His ROY is a joke and probably a result of that hype.

Thirdly, his QB record doesn't reflect on him. He was on a good team. Defense and a great run game is what won football games in Tennessee during his time there. From 1999-2001, Trent Dilfer had a QB record of 22-4, including 4-0 in the post-season. That doesn't mean he was a great QB. And he wasn't. But he did STUDY the game enough to know how to play the QB position. That's something that VY has not done. He thought he could get by on atleticism alone. That doesn't work in this league. And until he does do the study required to play this game, I'll take a Kolb, Cassel and Orton over him eight days a week. And until he does get the mental part of this game down (if he ever does) he'll never be more than what he is now. A backup looking for a team to sit on the sidelines with from year to year.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #25
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

So let him go home.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #26
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
He can't throw, he's dumber than a bag of hammers and he's got the emotional stability of a 13 year old girl.

The Texans are an organization that has historically, and proudly I think, steered clear of any player that can be labeled as "Hot Mess."
Well Mr. Carwreck landed here. He fits the description of, "He can't throw, he's dumber than a bag of hammers", but his emotional stability might be that of a 15 year old. He does have the "Happy Feet" syndrome and somehow landed in the Super Bowl.

Strange things do happen so VY could be in the NFL next year or he could end up in the Rusk state mental facility. That might also be considered home.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #27
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3783 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks. I think that Yates has a established himself as our second string QB and I think Young would want to be paid more than a 3rd string QB gets paid. Would rather draft a QB in the late rounds to be 3rd string for Kubiak to groom so that when Schaub is no longer playing QB for us there will be a competition instead of just handing Yates the starting job.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2012   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
Well Mr. Carwreck landed here. He fits the description of, "He can't throw, he's dumber than a bag of hammers", but his emotional stability might be that of a 15 year old. He does have the "Happy Feet" syndrome and somehow landed in the Super Bowl.

Strange things do happen so VY could be in the NFL next year or he could end up in the Rusk state mental facility. That might also be considered home.
What are you talking about? Carr has a cannon of an arm. His failing here was a two way street. The Texans did him no favors and he did the Texans no favors. The Texans put him behind a poor imitation of an NFL OL and Carr refused to put in the preperation time necessary to be a successful NFL QB. IMHO, it left him shell-shocked, disgraced and utterly lacking in confidence. The latter has left him more than willing to be a career backup. He had all of the physical tools to be successful in the NFL when he was drafted. Poor coaching, a poor OL/scheme and poor work ethics doomed him.
VY simply read too many of his headlines and thought he was the shiznit and it went to his head. He appears to be a narcissitic fool with the IQ of that bag of hammers you mentioned. If he could get his head right and mature, he has the talent to be a good NFL QB. I certainly don't want him on the Texans. There is no VY in TEAM, and TEAM is what took the Texans as far as they got in 2011.
Old 01-30-2012   #29
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Does he want to play WR?

NO?

He wants to play WHAT?!?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
"When we were playing Baltimore in that play-off game..... "

I'm rooting for VY..... always will. But I don't think we need another QB who "thinks" they should be starting this year.... want to, yeah.... thinks they should... not as much.

He already thinks he owns the place anyway.

& I can't imagine what he thinks he's done in the last year that would make him believe someone will let him start in 2012.
Old 01-30-2012   #31
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here we go .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWYv-KRSDRg

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #32
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
huh?
Old 01-30-2012   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way Vince Young makes it into Reliant Stadium during a game is as a hot dog vendor.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #34
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

O.K. guys here's the mathematical breakdown on the probability that VY will play for the Texans next year. Hang with me because this took me a while to come up with (10 mins actually).

Suppose you have a differential equation: y= 1/x^2 + C (C is a constant and in this case will end being VY in a bit)

So let's say we have an initial value for the function y(0)=VY. I chose 0 because I couldn't associate any other number with VY.

Now we have a problem with an initial value of y(0)= VY and a 1st order differential equation of y= 1/x^+c

Next, we plug and chug....

VY= 1/0+C
VY= 0+C
C=VY
Therefore, y= 1/x^2 +VY is a solution to this problem but what's the domain and range of this problem you say? What's the probability that VY is a Texan? Well it's (-∞,∞).

P.S. This was not done seriously and I'm not a mathematician. Just for fun but if you can improve on it go for it!
Old 01-30-2012   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

He and his family still live here, no? What the EFF is he talking about???
Old 01-30-2012   #36
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

My first year at UT was the year that VY won a football championship for me. Being from Houston, I never had one of those, so I'm eternally grateful.

But then these VY fanboys insisted on putting me in the position of being critical of VY in order to justify the Texans' decision. To this day they still do it. The amount of delusion is amazing.

I want Vince to succeed, but it's never going to happen, and it's his own fault. And the VY fanboys make that reality even uglier by making me have to point it out.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #37
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

being a UT guy i would actually enjoy seeing VY on the sideline not playing lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #38
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I never had anything personal against Vince Young. It was his fanboys that drove me to hate him before ever played a down of football in the NFL, and afterwards, whenever he failed, I cheered.

As for Vince himself, his biggest failure was his inability to recognize his own limitations. He ran his way to stardom in college. And he ran to ROY in his first year in the NFL.

But something changed in the offseason after that first year. Either someone convinced him, or he convinced himself, that he wasn't going to last long if he remained a running QB. They, or more likely he himself, wanted to convert to a drop back passer, like Manning or Brady.

I heard people saying over and over and over ... "why can't they just let Vince be Vince?' I really believe it was Vince himself who didn't want to just let Vince be Vince.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #39
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
First of all, he's never been a "good" QB. Not even in college. Great athlete, but not QB. The off-season before they won the Rose Bowl they were talking about a position change with him. WR if I remember right.
No offense to you personally, but that's just silly.

He was an amazing college quarterback by college quarterback standards.

He's just not a great pro quarterback. Even so, he's a better pro quarterback than I ever thought he'd be. It still appears he can't read a complicated pro defense, but he's had some fine performances in the pros and those performances weren't accidents.

And the only people who were talking about moving him to WR were fans who couldn't see how incredibly gifted he was as a college quarterback.

All that said, I think he'd be nothing but a distraction if he were on the Texans roster and that's why it will never happen. But unless he quits, I'm sure he'll continue to serve as some team's backup.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #40
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince did the right thing by trying to be a pocket passer. Relying on your arm first is the only way to succeed long term. By Vince's second or third year, he already started straining his quad repeatedly.

I remember a 60 Minutes interview he did after his rookie season. There was some footage of him in practice starting a fight with one of his defensive players. Real leadership there. His final answer in the interview was, "Ain't nobody gonna tell me nothin'." It was right then that I went from believing in his ability to expecting disappointment.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read