Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-14-2014   #41
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aldon Smith DUI & Felony Assault Weapon Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Tell me again why a run in with TSA (I cant stand them) should result in a 4 game suspension?
Because as an NFL player he is a representative of the NFL the same as any other employee is a representative of their company. This is especially true of high profile employee's like star NFL players. Go on TV making an ass of yourself while wearing your companies hat, shirt, and name tag and see if the boss doesn't have some words for you the next day, unless of course your the owner of the company in which case this doesn't apply.

P.S. I don't like the TSA either. They're grossly over empowered security guards.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 04-15-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014   #42
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Increasing frequency of finding trouble, sandwiched around a stay "in rehab", the young man is spinning out. Not an uncommon pattern. Needs more help. May be dual diagnosis.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Aldon Smith’s future: Court date, probable NFL suspension and the 49ers’ overwhelming weariness and frustration
Quote:
My view, after talking to several sources involved with the 49ers’ decision-making, is that troubled linebacker Aldon Smith hasn’t only lost the benefit of the doubt, he probably won’t play for the 49ers in 2014.
But there is a weariness and frustration over Smith’s behavior that I’ve never heard involving any recent 49ers player. Until this week.
This comes after all the steps the franchise took to support him–including Jed York standing with Smith at his locker two days after his DUI–and the hopes they had that Smith’s trip to a treatment center in the middle of last season had put him on the right road...

It’s a very, very different tone now. Starkly different.
Quote:
It’s about a pattern of behavior–also about some things that haven’t made headlines but have occurred involving Smith before and after his DUI arrest last year–and about a team that no longer can give him the benefit of the doubt.

Practically, the 49ers have a May 3 deadline to pick up Smith’s $9.75M option for 2015 and I’m told that they are very unlikely to do that.
Old 05-02-2014   #44
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The 49ers continue to view Aldon Smith as part of the long-term plan in San Francisco. NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Friday that the team will exercise the pass rusher's fifth-year option, according to a source. The 49ers later confirmed the decision, just one day ahead of Saturday's deadline.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...cised-by-49ers
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers’ angry evasion of a rationalization of a tired excuse for their handling of Aldon Smith
Quote:
All actions have consequences—for a player, a team, for everybody involved—and right now, the 49ers have no answers for their own actions. Actually, for their inaction.
Harbaugh gets snippy, yelling back and forth, with 49ers beat writer Tim Kawakami...
Quote:
-Q: Aldon Smith was successfully prosecuted on three felony counts and one misdemeanor count. Does he remain a member of this team in full good standing?

-HARBAUGH: Uh, yes.

-Q: So what’s your standard? Is it 10 felony counts the standard? Do you have a standard?

-HARBAUGH: I know you probably worked really hard on asking that question. Probably stared in the mirror and thought about just the way you could [ask] that.

-Q: No, I did not.

-HARBAUGH: There’s a legal process… you’re talking…

-Q: What you said was untrue. It’s wrong.

-HARBAUGH: OK. Well, then you can write your story how you write it. If you want me to answer the question, I’d be glad to.

It’s part of a legal process. I am not an attorney or a judge. I’m a football coach. So I will let that go through the legal process. There’s nothing more that I can add to it. At this time.

-Q: Is he still your starter?

-HARBAUGH: Is he part of this team? Yes.

-Q: Is he your starting linebacker?

-HARBAUGH: We’re too early to tell who the starters are right now.

-Q: He was your starting linebacker two days after he was arrested for DUI last season.

-HARBAUGH: There’s nothing further I can add to that right now.

-Q: Last year at about this time, we were asking you about Seattle’s situation with several of their players having issues with PEDs and you said you wanted your players to be above reproach. I know that was specifically an answer about the PED issue. But do you want you want your players to be above reproach legally, criminally? Is that important to you?

-HARBAUGH: I want our players to strive to be above reproach in all regards. And I can’t imagine that anybody would tell anybody any differently.

I can’t imagine–if it were you, or I, or anybody else here would want their youngsters to strive for anything less. Certainly wouldn’t promote that they strive to be below reproach.

Would you, Tim?

-Q: No.

-HARBAUGH: OK.

-Q: So are all of your players above reproach right now?

-HARBAUGH: No, we’ve got some things we’ve got to resolve. But we are in a process–and always are in a process of striving to be above reproach, yes.

-Q: Is there any negative to a team to have players in trouble. Is that a problem at all for you? Does it take effect on a locker room?

-HARBAUGH: The locker room… you tend to put a lot of things on a locker room. A locker room isn’t an all-encompassing… to take care of all the world’s problems or each individual’s problems.

There’s a process that he’s taking care of individually, that is his accountability, just like all of us.

Anything that we do–if we do things right, there’s going to be consequences. If we do things wrong, there’s going to be consequences for that. All of our actions, there’s consequences, good or bad.

-Q: Practically, he has a sentencing hearing on July 25, which is a few days after you’re set to open training camp. Would he be in training camp to start? Is that the plan?

-HARBAUGH: As I said earlier, there’s really nothing further that I can add to it.

-Q: We do know the hearing is the 25th, that’s a fact. That’s after you start camp. In your mind is he starting camp with pads with everybody else?

-HARBAUGH: I’m not going to get into speculating on what’s going to happen, what could happen, what will happen. There’s nothing really further that I can add to this line of questioning.

You can take bamboo shoots and stick ‘em under my fingernails and there still wouldn’t be any more I could add further to this discussion.

-Q: Has a decision on that been made or will you just not say the decision?

-HARBAUGH: There’s nothing further that I can add right now without speculating. I don’t know why you can’t understand that at this time.

-Q: Is he still here? Is he participating in the off-season program here?

-HARBAUGH: Yes, he’s coming to work. Showing up, he’s working hard, he’s listening, he’s doing what he says he’s going to do. We give him that opportunity, yes.
Old 05-24-2014   #46
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno but I think I'm kinda sympathetic to Harbaugh here, this Kawakami guy seems to be a real pain in the azz. I wouldn't have blamed Harbaugh for saying 'enough already' about half-way thru that xchange.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
Aldon Smith has been suspended 9 games per the NFL
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2014   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Man.

We really dodged a bullet when we got Watt instead of this guy. Can you imagine the reaction of the fanbase?

Whew.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read