Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Could Vince Young ever achieve success here?

I often wonder if this could be the only place where Cinderella lost her shoes
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/n...221125953.html
Quote:
"It was very close Ö The Texans had the No. 1 pick and that was a place I wanted to play in. I wish they would have told me they wasnít picking me because I would have stayed my senior year," Young said with a bit of a chuckle. "But it didnít happen like that Ö being a kid, watching the Oilers all my life and having the opportunity to play for [the former Oilers], it was a dream come true as well."

Alex Loeb then asked Young if he would redo his decision if he had the same opportunity, with the same circumstances.

"Yeah, the same scenario," Young said. "If the Texans was the No. 1 pick again, I probably would have took the chance of trying to make that team as well, but the good point about it is that you can always come back and finish. I was happy I kept coming back to school and finish to graduate."
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Could Vince Young ever achieve success here?

Amazing that he graduated college and can barely speak English.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

And that's a 6 digit midget right there! Eeee pardon me, he be paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
"Graduated"

Lol, there is no way that guy could pass English 101. He was handed a degree.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
"Graduated"

Lol, there is no way that guy could pass English 101. He was handed a degree.
Now he's got a $100+k job with the school to glad hand donors to give more money and be on the LHN.

"Me play football!"
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey look! I found a picture of his car!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who wroded dis artickle? Da unyin or sum other place. I spectacle that it's legit.

The guy failed to develop as a player on FIVE different teams. How in the hell would playing in Houston have made any difference?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Hey look! I found a picture of his car!

There's a sausage in the tailpipe joke somewhere in this picture.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Who wroded dis artickle? Da unyin or sum other place. I spectacle that it's legit.

The guy failed to develop as a player on FIVE different teams. How in the hell would playing in Houston have made any difference?
It's the OP that really asks the question. The article is merely a waist of space.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Awww, geez... not VY again.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, I get it. I knew VY was a fraud during his 3rd year in the league. But what if he'd stayed home. Being close to friends and family can screen out alot of bad influences. We hear the word heart a lot in sports. Playing with heart. The saying "Home is where the heart is. "
All that stuff our sport hero's are saying is just a bunch of hot air? And please don't tell me Santa's not real.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Hey, I get it. I knew VY was a fraud during his 3rd year in the league. But what if he'd stayed home. Being close to friends and family can screen out alot of bad influences. We hear the word heart a lot in sports. Playing with heart. The saying "Home is where the heart is. "
All that stuff our sport hero's are saying is just a bunch of hot air? And please don't tell me Santa's not real.
it would've been the opposite, and wasnt his family a large part of the bad influences? he'd be around every enabler and fan, as well as a whole lot more people trying to take advantage of his epic stupidity. the only chance he would've had was to begin his career in siberia. he almost made it to a remote habitat in tennessee, but then again you cant fix stupid.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #13
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If you're being serious then I can't believe that you think being in houston would have been a different story. The man is simply not a good pro QB. He had one good season and that was it. There is no shame in only being a truly great college QB. But please stop with the 'if only's'. Accept the fact that he is not cut out to be a pro and he is not smart enough to manage a windfall of money. Everything that happened to him was his own doing. Good and bad. Drafting the hometown hero is great if he turns out to be a player but not if he's a bust. Sometimes you get a story like CLE drafting lebron and sometimes you get a story like CHI drafting Eddie Curry.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
klockWork
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
it would've been the opposite, and wasnt his family a large part of the bad influences? he'd be around every enabler and fan, as well as a whole lot more people trying to take advantage of his epic stupidity. the only chance he would've had was to begin his career in siberia. he almost made it to a remote habitat in tennessee, but then again you cant fix stupid.
Thanks scooter! I just won $50. Me and my buddy knew VY was so irrelevant and jokingly bad we made a bet to see how many post is made before someone reply seriously about the topic. He thought it would be 20 post. I say 10. Rep+++

edit* aww, Chicagotexan2. you were too late. but I rep you too
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not an English expert myself however I think I typically get "was" and "were" correct just from the way it sounds.

For example "I knew they wasn't drafting me" just doesn't sound right. Do I technically know the rule for that? Admittedly no. In my world "I knew they weren't going to draft me" would sound more accurate.

My question is, didn't Vince have the same access that we had to TV, radio, TexansTalk.com, etc??

Charlie C was slobbering all over Reggie Bush and kept saying things like "We have our QB". McNair was still in love with Mittens and had just hired Kubiak to fix him.

NO ONE (outside of Vince apparently) expected the Texans to go QB with that pick.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #16
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I am not an English expert myself however I think I typically get "was" and "were" correct just from the way it sounds.

For example "I knew they wasn't drafting me" just doesn't sound right. Do I technically know the rule for that? Admittedly no. In my world "I knew they weren't going to draft me" would sound more accurate.

My question is, didn't Vince have the same access that we had to TV, radio, TexansTalk.com, etc??

Charlie C was slobbering all over Reggie Bush and kept saying things like "We have our QB". McNair was still in love with Mittens and had just hired Kubiak to fix him.

NO ONE (outside of Vince apparently) expected the Texans to go QB with that pick.

Mittens?? Oh man what a joke of a QB he was for Houston.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #17
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Thanks scooter! I just won $50. Me and my buddy knew VY was so irrelevant and jokingly bad we made a bet to see how many post is made before someone reply seriously about the topic. He thought it would be 20 post. I say 10. Rep+++

Damn I got played!!!! You fargin icehole!!!! Know the reference?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #18
klockWork
All Pro

Quote:
Damn I got played!!!! You fargin icehole!!!! Know the reference?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #19
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

tell your friend to never underestimate scooter's ability to be unfunny. i was very nearly the first post but deleted a similar response to see where the thread went.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #20
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
That is half the African-American athletic community.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read