Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-30-2012   #61
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF? I'm not big on neg rep myself, but anyone who thinks you move a 2nd team all-pro player from his current position (meaning he's considered #2 out of 32) deserves all the neg rep allowed...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Hey everybody! Duane Brown sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
For the record I watched every Jets game for the past 2 years and I can tell you that Ferguson has been much worse than Duane Brown for the past 2 years. He's maybe the most overrated LT in the entire league in my opinion.
My opinion, looks like Ferguson has regressed since his rookie season.
Old 01-30-2012   #63
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha Longball replied and rescinded his invitation for me to do the Texans analysis for their mock next week after I told him to stop watching so much Lifetime and Hallmark channels. He also says he's the one in charge of doing their Big Board, which now explains a lot.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #64
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brown is elite. Anybody who wants to call Brown a 'swinging door' just doesnt pay attention. BTW, Winsotn has his faults, but there are a lot of RT's he is a substantial upgrade over. Just stupid.
Old 01-30-2012   #65
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I'll just leave this here:

ProFootballFocus.com
@ProFootbalFocus ProFootballFocus.com
just a reminder, only 1 offensive tackle played 250+ snaps in pass protection & didnt give up a sack - take a bow Duane Brown of the Texans
Old 01-30-2012   #66
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 32907 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

That guy is right, Duane Brown sucks, cut his ass as soon as possible. I think the problwm is that he must have faced a crappy rookie DE in practice a lot, I think we should cut Watt as well. We need to cap space to resign Matt Lienhart.

Old 01-30-2012   #67
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm on record as saying that Brown isn't an elite LT and that I think he'd definitely be an elite RT. He worked on changing my mind about that.
I'm also on record as saying Winston isn't a very good RT. I didn't change my mind on that so much. I think he's a road grader in run blocking, but just doesn't seem to have the footwork/arm length/technical skills in pass pro. Plus he's usually good for a drive killing penalty or two a game. I'm not saying Winston is chopped liver, but I wouldn't hesitate to land a top prospect LT, let him learn for a year and see how Winston would do at G after that.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2012   #68
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear revolving doors playing O-line were responsible for zero sacks last year in the NFL as well
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
LMAO! I already got a response back from "Mr. Long ball".
Quote:
. . . do you think you could do better? If so, I will let you assign the priority code inputs and write the selection commentary for next week’s simulation. We'll make it a collaborative effort, and consider it a job interview for the position of Houston Texans Team Analyst . . . I will critique your work. So how about it . . . want to put your money (yes, it does pay a little bit) where your mouth is?

Regards,

Long Ball

I think we've got a few draftniks who should take him up on his offer... they'd do a really good job I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
This guy doesn't have a clue. Who gives a crap how good Brown would be as a pulling guard. You could literally say that about any decent LT in the league. The LT is usually the most athletic and most talented OLineman on your team. There's a saying that the most important position on your football team is the QB position. The 2nd most important position...is the guy protecting his blind side. I don't get the logic of moving Duane inside just because he'd be a great player there when he's already a great player at the toughest position to fill on the offensive line.

This guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
Earlier in our ZBS learning days, we did see the guards pull & get to the second level more often than they had last season. Wade Smith was pulling & abusing LBs a lot in 2010... don't know why, but not so much in 2011.

Duane has been a monster on the second level & lead blocking on the play side. So he's kinda playing like an OG from the tackle position. I think Kubiak does a pretty good job of getting his OLmen where they need to be, regardless of where they are on the line.

Would he be an awesome LG? Probably. But it would be pretty hard to replace him (I think) at LT.
Old 01-30-2012   #70
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 138918 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Wait a minute. Have not people on this very MB complained about Winston & suggested he move inside? Brown is quietly getting job done so he is wrong there. I am satisifed with both OTs but whoever this is has the right to voice his opinion and give us material to discuss.
Move Winston = OK (He cannot handle speed rushers effectively) Move Brown - No way in HELL. Top 5 LT in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm on record as saying that Brown isn't an elite LT and that I think he'd definitely be an elite RT. He worked on changing my mind about that.
I'm also on record as saying Winston isn't a very good RT. I didn't change my mind on that so much. I think he's a road grader in run blocking, but just doesn't seem to have the footwork/arm length/technical skills in pass pro. Plus he's usually good for a drive killing penalty or two a game. I'm not saying Winston is chopped liver, but I wouldn't hesitate to land a top prospect LT, let him learn for a year and see how Winston would do at G after that.
If Duane hasn't changed your mind yet, it's never gonna change.

I'm with ya' on Winston. Maybe if they drape chicken wings on the opposing DE?
Old 01-30-2012   #71
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Wow...are writers from BSPN working on this site as well? Did these people watch game this season? Any game? Any team???

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #72
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Move Winston = OK (He cannot handle speed rushers effectively) Move Brown - No way in HELL. Top 5 LT in the league.

If Duane hasn't changed your mind yet, it's never gonna change.

I'm with ya' on Winston. Maybe if they drape chicken wings on the opposing DE?
I stated that Brown was working on changing my mind. He did very well this season but still had a few issues. I didn;t get to DVR any of the games this season, but I would bet good money that Brown gave up quite a few more pressures than he's being given credit for, and I would say at least a couple of sacks. Grading this depends on the grader. There were several sacks because of outside pressure, on Brown's side, causing the QB to move into the sack. Was Brown completely at fault? No. But he does have some culpability in some of those.

I'm gonna withhold my final judgement til next season. Then I'll make my call to Bobby and have my say.
Old 01-30-2012   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I stated that Brown was working on changing my mind. He did very well this season but still had a few issues. I didn;t get to DVR any of the games this season, but I would bet good money that Brown gave up quite a few more pressures than he's being given credit for, and I would say at least a couple of sacks. Grading this depends on the grader. There were several sacks because of outside pressure, on Brown's side, causing the QB to move into the sack. Was Brown completely at fault? No. But he does have some culpability in some of those.

I'm gonna withhold my final judgement til next season. Then I'll make my call to Bobby and have my say.
I know he's given credit for neutralizing T-Sizzle vs Baltimore in the play-offs.....

personally, neutralize wouldn't be the word I would use, but he did a pretty dang good job. Suggs got by, got a few pressures & a hit (I think) but it's Suggs...
Old 01-30-2012   #74
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know he's given credit for neutralizing T-Sizzle vs Baltimore in the play-offs.....

personally, neutralize wouldn't be the word I would use, but he did a pretty dang good job. Suggs got by, got a few pressures & a hit (I think) but it's Suggs...
One game does not a season make. I think Yoda said that. I heard he's a Texans fan.
Old 02-06-2012   #75
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Seegara neg rep me too. At least I doubt he will come back and start some crazy thread.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #76
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One game does not a season make. I think Yoda said that. I heard he's a Texans fan.
It wasn't just one game... Duane Brown kicked Suggs ass BOTH times he played him. He was even more dominant against Suggs the first time they faced off.

But yeah, your right.. "one game does not a season make". Luckily for Brown nobody is talking just about one game. He was dominant all last season. Does one season not make a season as well?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #77
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

How is Duane Brown's dominance questioned? Wow.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #78
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Duane Brown, the worst "reach", left tackle..... EVER!!!!
Old 02-08-2012   #79
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Duane Brown, the worst "reach", left tackle..... EVER!!!!
This thread's great....Pffft

Wasn't your boy swt one that had his panties all twisted on the DB pick?
Old 02-08-2012   #80
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This thread's great....Pffft

Wasn't your boy swt one that had his panties all twisted on the DB pick?
umm...kind of...I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
i hate this. I want to cry. Pathetic. Pathetic. An utter failure. No. Damnit NO.
Quote:
we reached massively, and passed on cason and phillips. this WILL haunt us. Screw Gibbs.We reached for the 8th freaking tackle. I hate this.
Quote:
this pick will haunt us. mark my words....we messed up bad. We traded back ignorantly, and for what??? really? im curious...espn hasn't covered the trade. What did we get for passing on mendenhall
Quote:
yes...im pissed that we took the EIGHTH BEST TACKLE over Cason and phillips. Im pissed mendenhall fell to us by some miracle and we threw him away for a 3rd and a 6th...and then BLEW a first round pick. Screw this. Screw Gibbs. This is a pathetic reach.

Quote:
if he turns into a franchise LT, i'll eat my texans hat live on webcam.

This last post is really ironic because with the trade down to get Brown, the Texans were able to draft Steve Slaton...and...

Quote:
If Slaton isn't starting week 1... I will eat my texans hat live on webcam.

Two hats not eaten, if I am counting correctly.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read