Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-29-2012   #41
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey everybody! Duane Brown sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Then I must have been wrong.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #42
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then I must have been wrong.
This has to be the same guy that from drafttek.com, there is no other explanation. No way anybody who watches the games could ever come to this conclusion. That would be like saying guys, we need to move # 24 to FS. He is not good at man coverage and Torrey Smith owned him in the playoffs.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #43
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love for us to draft a tackle that was so good that it forced brown to move inside. I don't see it happening but that would easily make this the best line in the league for the next 5-10 years.

Moving Winston? I'm not really sold on the idea. As long as we don't have a southpaw playing QB I'm fine with him.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #44
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It seems like I have been saying this forever, that Brown isn't good at stopping a pass rusher who has open space to get around him, but would be a natural at guard. LG seems like the bigger need right now since Smith can't play too much longer. Brown next to center would open another dimension too: plays with a pulling guard.
now i see why ur rep is negative. i wont add to it, but really. Schaub went down on a 4th and one play to where it was a QB sneak trying to get the first down, and Haynesworth fell on his foot. Haynesworth is a NT, so how is that on Duane or Winston, and Leinart is just fragile.

Sorry but we have one of the best O-Lines in football and they do a damn good job of keeping our QBs upright.
Old 01-29-2012   #45
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

LMAO! I already got a response back from "Mr. Long ball".

Quote:
Gentlemen, despite the tone of your e-mails, thank you for visiting Drafttek and we do answer all questions and comments from our visitors. Yes, WR is a need for the Texans roster (as a matter of fact, this week's CMD makes it 1st round value) . . . but so is defensive nose tackle and offensive line. Rather than reach for a wide receiver at a lesser value in the 26th position, the simulation assigned an offensive tackle in the 1st round and a nose tackle in the 2nd (and WR A.J. Jenkins of Illinois was taken in the 3 rd round). Keep in mind that wide receivers who make an impact in their rookie season are a rarity in the NFL and due to salary cap restrictions, teams need immediate contribution from 1st and 2nd round selections.

Now, having said all that, I think this week's CMD selections will make you happier.

OK, so here’s my logic on the OL . . . Duane Brown, while performing admirably at OT, would be a consistent Pro Bowl performer inside at OG. He was moved from TE to OL at Virginia Tech, and since he was the their best OL, he played OT . . . but would be a holy terror pulling to lead a sweep, not to mention getting to the 2 nd level with his combination of power and footwork. With the exception of the center position, manned by Chris Meyers, the interior of the Texans OL has to be improved. And if Meyers leaves in free agency, the Texans might have to move Antoine Caldwell to replace him, further reducing the OG depth. Eric Winston is a ticking time bomb who should be a starting LOT in this league . . . do you remember him walking out of the Combine? I've been watching this kid since his high school days at Midland, Texas and he could be as good as he wants to be, but he does not apply himself. I sincerely hope with a full off-season, 2011 draft choice Derek Newton is “coached up” to challenge for a starting position.

Now, I could go into detail about the OL requirements necessary to play the ZBS that Kubiak uses . . . but the Texans rushing attack, while impressive yardage-wise due to big plays, was inconsistent and could not produce when it had to as evidenced by 3 rd or 4 th down and short conversion %. If the running game produced as it should have, the passing attack would have been even more consistent with play-action passes. And this all goes back to the OL, both run-blocking and pass-blocking. This sounds like nit-picking of a play-off team, but there are very few weaknesses to address in the draft and I'm looking at a number of moving pieces that would make them even stronger.

Now here’s a challenge for you . . . do you think you could do better? If so, I will let you assign the priority code inputs and write the selection commentary for next week’s simulation. We'll make it a collaborative effort, and consider it a job interview for the position of Houston Texans Team Analyst . . . I will critique your work. So how about it . . . want to put your money (yes, it does pay a little bit) where your mouth is?

Regards,

Long Ball

Eric Winston is now a "ticking time bomb" who can't control his emotions.

This guy doesn't have a clue. Who gives a crap how good Brown would be as a pulling guard. You could literally say that about any decent LT in the league. The LT is usually the most athletic and most talented OLineman on your team. There's a saying that the most important position on your football team is the QB position. The 2nd most important position...is the guy protecting his blind side. I don't get the logic of moving Duane inside just because he'd be a great player there when he's already a great player at the toughest position to fill on the offensive line.

This guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #46
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

Eric Winston is now a "ticking time bomb" who can't control his emotions.

This guy doesn't have a clue. Who gives a crap how good Brown would be as a pulling guard. You could literally say that about any decent LT in the league. The LT is usually the most athletic and most talented OLineman on your team. There's a saying that the most important position on your football team is the QB position. The 2nd most important position...is the guy protecting his blind side. I don't get the logic of moving Duane inside just because he'd be a great player there when he's already a great player at the toughest position to fill on the offensive line.

I got the same e-mail back, we must be the "gentlemen" he is referring to haha. I'm actually surprised he responded, that website seems like it gets no traffic. Hell yea we can do better. Apparently the website simulator generates the pick and we just have to comment on it. Anyone on this website outside of Seegara aka "Longball" can do better.

Like you said, it truly makes ZERO sense what he is saying. Why does he have such a hard-on for Derek Newton and such a limp one for Eric Winston and Duane Brown. I say we take him up on his offer and we should handle the commentary. We can all contribute in case stuff gets overlooked, dig up stats, etc. We can also throw in jabs at Longball for being an idiot.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Correct. By the same token, Brown has been lousy in pass blocking up until this season, and some contributors are now ready to make a hero out of him.
Not really. Brown was terrible his rookie season, and then progressed to alright his sophomore year, but 2010 and 2011 he was perfectly fine as an LT.

I imagine you probably weren't watching the Texans when Duane Brown was not good in pass pro.
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2012   #48
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
That is one of the biggest understatements I have ever seen on this board. This guy has reached an all new level of cluelessness.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #49
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is my reply to NoBalls. I used the website from earlier in this thread to throw out Duane Brown stats in his face...

Quote:
I know you are replying to several of us, but in my E-mail I said drafting an offensive lineman in the first round is acceptable. My issue is that you think starting last year's 7th round project of a tackle in Derek Newton at Left tackle (the most important position on the offensive line) opposite a rookie (at a position that does not offer a smooth transition), while regulating one of the best right tackles in Eric Winston to bench is a good idea?! LOL! Yea Winston has his issues in pass protection but Newton and the rookie will have far greater issues. You honestly believe Winston is worse than Derek Newton!? You also left out a guy named Rashad Butler, who while Duane Brown was suspended in 2010 proved he can be a starting tackle in this league. Somehow Mr. 7th round pick who barely played in Derek Newton has your mind clouded with delusion. You must have really seen something on that Arian Foster goal line run against the Falcons to be so high on him because outside of that play and half of the season finale vs. the Titans, he never saw action.

Duane Brown was our best O-lineman last year, his work wasn't just "admirable". This website has him listed as giving up 2.5 sacks and zero holding penalties. It also lists he has only ONE holding penalty in his entire career.

http://yesnetwork.stats.com/fb/playe...d=8803&team=34

Moving him to guard will upgrade that position but greatly weaken the LT position while doing so. Apparently you value the guard position higher than left tackle. It's funny, you don't often hear that one. If you really wanted to upgrade the guard position you could have just, gee I don't know, DRAFTED A GUARD??

I noticed you also handle the Cowboys "analysis" for that "website", which makes me believe you concentrate more on them and you are more of a casual Texans fan if not a casual sports fan in general.

..Derek Newton starting at left tackle while Eric Winston rots on the bench...LOL!!!! Keep up the good work
Old 01-29-2012   #50
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the 1 thing I would mention to this dummy. Teams try over and over again to find a really good Left Tackle without being successful in this league. We finally develop a guy into a 2nd team All Pro LT (should have been 1st team, but I won't even get into that) and this clown wants to move him to guard? How much sense does that make? Then we have to wait for another Left Tackle to get used to that position. There's zero logic in that.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #51
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoever is in contact with the guy from the website should just link him the All-Pro voting from this year. Duane came in 3rd amongst tackles, Winston 5th. Yeah, we really need to fix our enormous hole at OT.... Unreal. When is Miami going to bump Jake Long inside?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/tag...l-all-pro-team
Old 01-29-2012   #52
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this. That would be like Kareem stepping up next year and turning into a top 5 corner. Only for us to say at the end of the year that we're going to change it up, move him to safety, and go with an experiment at corner instead of him. Me thinks this guy was dropped on the head as a baby.

Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #53
The Cush
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Whoever is in contact with the guy from the website should just link him the All-Pro voting from this year. Duane came in 3rd amongst tackles, Winston 5th. Yeah, we really need to fix our enormous hole at OT.... Unreal. When is Miami going to bump Jake Long inside?

E-mailed him again with the link..

Quote:
Oh yea, I know these voters probably are just some schmucks that don't know anything about football but here is this year's All-Pro voting. At the tackle position Duane Brown finished THIRD and Eric Winston finished FIFTH after the play they put in at their respected positions (left tackle and right tackle NOT left guard and right bench next to the Gatorade and Derek Newton).

Remember that time you suggested 7th round pick Derek Newton and a rookie right tackle start over Wade Smith and Eric Winston?! LOL. Seriously though, watch a little less Lifetime and Hallmark channels during the week and more ESPN and CBS on Sundays and it just might allow to bring a tiny bit of credibility to the table when it comes to talking about the Texans let alone sports in general.
Old 01-30-2012   #54
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

You gotta be kidding me. Unreal.

Mark that website from credible draft sites.
Old 01-30-2012   #55
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

You didn't really give neg rep to a guy just because he has a different point of view than you did ya?
No. lmao

EDIT: But he neg repped me! Bastard
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #56
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1_17-32.asp
Quote:
Rookie T.J. Yates performed admirably and has a future with the Texans . . . but no NFL team can prosper with their top 2 QB's on IR! Starters Duane Brown (LOT) and Eric Winston (ROT) have all the impact of swinging doors in pass protection: Brown should move inside to his natural position of OG and Winston should battle 2011 draft choice Derek Newton for LOT, ultimately losing and becoming back-up swing tackle

My name is Inigo Montoya.
You diss'ed our pro bowl LT.
Prepare to die.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #57
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

My name is Inigo Montoya.
You diss'ed our pro bowl LT.
Prepare to die.
I was thinking you'd use the "I don't think that means what you think it means" line, but that's good too.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #58
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the first things I check when I evaluate a new draft website is quality of its big board, does it possess hidden gems/insight, how accurate are the grades & would I pay for their service. If you answer no, like I did to this one then it really means crap, one could only hope that he is the right hand man of Jerry Jones

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #59
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, I hate Duane Brown.

Sincerely,

James Harrison's cracked orbital bone
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #60
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
One of the first things I check when I evaluate a new draft website is quality of its big board, does it possess hidden gems/insight, how accurate are the grades & would I pay for their service. If you answer no, like I did to this one then it really means crap, one could only hope that he is the right hand man of Jerry Jones
Michael Floyd going 6th overall in their mock draft? Then Alshon Jeffery going in the middle of the second round! The reasoning behind it was Jeffery hurt his stock with a less than stelar year, but the site then goes on to brag about his stats for the past season.

You would think it was Jerry Jones himself
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read