Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-29-2012   #21
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey everybody! Duane Brown sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
What does this mean?

Of course if Brown were moved inside we would have to find another LT in the draft of FA.
Why in the hell would we move a elite young LT inside? (you're killing Kubes here)
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #22
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Smith is signed thru 2013 & we do need to start working on a replacement for the then 33 year old.
I agree with that, but the post I was replying to made it seem like he's some old man that's on his last legs
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just giving information and imo Wade is our weakest link on Oline. Do you agree?
Old 01-29-2012   #24
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just giving information and imo Wade is our weakest link on Oline. Do you agree?
I would say that's fair. Winston was a close 2nd for most of the year though. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he was pretty good the 3 years before this. He'll have to bounce back and show he can play more consistent against speed rushers this year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What does this mean?

Of course if Brown were moved inside we would have to find another LT in the draft of FA.
While I'm a person that generally does not encourage "negative reps", they pretty much means your "take" sucked and pissed some people off!! Just sayin'!!

That said, I think neg reppin' people is kinda gay!!
Old 01-29-2012   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
In 2011, yes. 2010 he was a stud.

Did he lose a step? Is he nursing a high ankle sprain? was his wife mess'n around?

I don't know what led to the 2011 performance, but yes, that position needs to be upgraded based on last year's performance.
Old 01-29-2012   #27
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I'm just going to sidestep the outlandish, "Duane Brown is a revolving door at LT" (who, depending on who was keeping stats may have given up at most 2 sacks all of last year and at the very least zero while also having zero holding penalties) comment and move on to his other suggestion they make that proves this insider is a complete idiot.

He thinks Eric Winston should battle Derek freaking Newton to play LT, and predicts that Mr. 7th round/pretty much only played in goal line sets Newton will beat him out regulating Winston, a Pro-Bowl caliber tackle to the bench?!

If you look at all the other picks, it has a guy's named signed after each pick analysis. This gem of information doesn't have anyones name attached to it.
It's "long ball" and I already sent him a email. If you click on the "contact us" tab.. You'll notice that "long ball" covers the Cowboys & Texans. Nobody signed their name to the cowboys picks either, so I'm assuming it's the same person. My guess is we have a jackass Cowboys fan trying to pretend that he has a clue about about our team or our players. I bet he hasn't even watched more than a handful of games...if he's even done that.

They need to find someone how has a remote clue about the Texans, because he's destroying the credibility of that site.
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2012   #28
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He had a down year after a really good 2010 but I would have to agree. Both guard positions can be upgraded and I'm totally fine with drafting an offensive lineman in the first round. It wouldn't be my first option but I wouldn't be upset with it.
Old 01-29-2012   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What does this mean?

Here's the reason that I don't hang out here nearly as often as I used to...
Old 01-29-2012   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
In 2011, yes. 2010 he was a stud.

Did he lose a step? Is he nursing a high ankle sprain? was his wife mess'n around?

I don't know what led to the 2011 performance, but yes, that position needs to be upgraded based on last year's performance.
It's good we have the chance to upgrade one of the best Olines in NFL; that alone says we are moving in correct direction.
Old 01-29-2012   #31
The Cush
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
It's "long ball" and I already sent him a email. If you click on the "contact us" tab.. You'll notice that "long ball" covers the Cowboys & Texans. Nobody signed their name to the cowboys picks either, so I'm assuming it's the same person. My guess is we have a jackass Cowboys fan trying to pretend that he has a clue about about our team or our players. I bet he hasn't even watched more than a handful of games...if he's even done that.

They need to find someone how has a remote clue about the Texans, because he's destroying the credibility of that site.
I'm glad you emailed him, I signed up and trolled out a post in their forums. After reading that analysis, I immediately thought the website has zero credibility. I mean, they want us to start a rookie at right tackle and Derek Newton to at left tackle next year?!
Old 01-29-2012   #32
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I would say that's fair. Winston was a close 2nd for most of the year though. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he was pretty good the 3 years before this. He'll have to bounce back and show he can play more consistent against speed rushers this year.
Correct. By the same token, Brown has been lousy in pass blocking up until this season, and some contributors are now ready to make a hero out of him.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #33
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Correct. By the same token, Brown has been lousy in pass blocking up until this season, and some contributors are now ready to make a hero out of him.
Lousy? I'm really not sure if you're serious or not. The guy went from playing Tight End in college to blocking against the best pass rushers in the league starting off as a rookie. Anyone who expected him to dominate right off the bat was fooling themselves. He has progressed exactly like Gibbs said he would in this system and gotten much better every year. Now he's a top 3 LT in my book.

For the record I watched every Jets game for the past 2 years and I can tell you that Ferguson has been much worse than Duane Brown for the past 2 years. He's maybe the most overrated LT in the entire league in my opinion.
Old 01-29-2012   #34
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you honestly believe it is more likely we will see Duane regress as opposed to the alternative of him finally arriving as an elite LT? Did you write the analysis on that site or something?
Old 01-29-2012   #35
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It seems like I have been saying this forever, that Brown isn't good at stopping a pass rusher who has open space to get around him, but would be a natural at guard. LG seems like the bigger need right now since Smith can't play too much longer. Brown next to center would open another dimension too: plays with a pulling guard.
As a Texans fan who joined this board I assume that you watch the games. I will not attack someone personally behind the internet but this has to be a joke. If you watch the games I do not know how you can say that Brown should be moved inside to guard. Did you watch the Ravens game? SUGGS WAS A NON FACTOR, THE SAME SUGGS WHO REGISTERED 14 SACKS AND 70 TACKLES DURING THE REGULAR SEASON. If I knew how to negative rep you I would. This has to be a joke. I think that most GM's and scouts would agree that Brown was a top 5 LT this year. The guy who came up with that draft is.....he does not watch Texans games.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #36
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Lousy huh?

http://yesnetwork.stats.com/fb/playe...d=8803&team=34

Dude only has 1 holding penalty in his entire career.. Get a freaking clue. There isn't a face palm emoticon that could do this post justice, so I'll not even bother posting one.
Old 01-29-2012   #37
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Here's the reason that I don't hang out here nearly as often as I used to...
Welcome to...the .com zone...

D Brown was excellent this season. I just don't know what to say about this excuse for "journalism."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #38
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Lousy? I'm really not sure if you're serious or not. The guy went from playing Tight End in college to blocking against the best pass rushers in the league starting off as a rookie. Anyone who expected him to dominate right off the bat was fooling themselves. He has progressed exactly like Gibbs said he would in this system and gotten much better every year. Now he's a top 3 LT in my book.

For the record I watched every Jets game for the past 2 years and I can tell you that Ferguson has been much worse than Duane Brown for the past 2 years. He's maybe the most overrated LT in the entire league in my opinion.
Then I must have been wrong.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #39
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Then I must have been wrong.
I prefer the term disillusioned.
Old 01-29-2012   #40
The Cush
All Pro

Seegara joined Jan. 2012, maybe he's the "journalist" from this "website"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read