Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2012   #61
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12640 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Nike Vapor Jet Pro Bowl Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I would say that it is about 50-50 normal crown vs low crown. I own two different Astros caps and Corpus Christi Hooks cap, they are all low crown New Era on the field. Astros low crowns can be hard to get ahold of because the team is not that popular.

I've noticed that. I have a new era Astros cap and like Hou-Tex said, it only looks normal wearing backwards. Hopefully they offer the new Texans cap with a normal or lower crown.

I need to replace my old Texans one.
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #62
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone know when the New Eras hit the shelves?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #63
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

In april as well as the cleats
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #64
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Here is your traditional baseball cap:

And this is the dorky flat bill:

The Ball cap fits snuggly to your head
They do sell the athentic (on field) ones at Lids also, those are the ones I buy usually cuz they fit me better.
Old 01-31-2012   #65
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
They do sell the athentic (on field) ones at Lids also, those are the ones I buy usually cuz they fit me better.
I have a couple, but they're the stretch fit type which give me headaches. I guess I'm just a picky sumbitch when it comes to ball caps. Ha.

When I find one that I like and it fits well, I'll wear it until it literally falls apart
Old 01-31-2012   #66
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

It was my understanding that those uniforms that were put out a while back were not done by Nike but by a fan that created what he felt they should look like. I wouldn't get my hopes up, or be disappointed until I saw something official from Nike or the NFL specifically like the cleats and gloves. (Which I think look ****ing awesome!)
Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #67
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,4250467.story

NOTABLE QUOTES FROM THE ARTICLE-
Quote:
An NFL spokesman downplayed that notion last week and pointed out that teams and the league determine their logos and distinctive markings, not Nike.

"We anticipate new uniform technology (i.e., performance-driven, lighter materials). That's what Nike's [Charlie] Denson was referring to in his interview in 2010 regarding changes.

The Dolphins are not planning changes to their logo or uniforms for 2012, team President Mike Dee said. He said teams have been instructed to not disclose specifics of the Nike gear until after the Super Bowl, the last NFL game in Reebok attire.

The NFL's Nike jerseys will be unveiled in April; the draft may be the coming-out party.

There has also been speculation that players may be more inclined to change numbers for 2012 once they no longer have to reimburse Reebok for unsold jersey inventory. Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said on Twitter that he would like to switch from No. 28 to 21 or 23."
A couple other things I read, Broncos are switching their home color jerseys from blue to orange, and the Seahawks were the first team to talk to Nike and they plan innovative uniform changes for next season.
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2012   #68
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

I can see alot of teams changing jerseys, but players changing jersey #s? Highly doubt it...
Old 01-31-2012   #69
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I've noticed that. I have a new era Astros cap and like Hou-Tex said, it only looks normal wearing backwards. Hopefully they offer the new Texans cap with a normal or lower crown.

I need to replace my old Texans one.
This where I buy all my low crowns froms and they are legit.

http://www.minorleagues.com/LC9430908.html
Old 01-31-2012   #70
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
You do realize that all New Era caps come new with a flat bill, right? It's up to the wearer to decide how to wear it. I have an Astros New Era cap, and I loathe the flat bill - I must curve it.]

As far as the Nike contract goes, I don't think there will be any drastic uni changes. The NFL and its teams control all that. The true change will be in materials and the manufacturer logo.
Gawd, I hope you're right 'cause I don't like what I see here.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #71
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I can see alot of teams changing jerseys, but players changing jersey #s? Highly doubt it...
Actually with the transition to Nike now is the perfect time. If a player changes numbers in the middle of the contract with the designer they must buy out whatever inventory is left of that players merchandise. With Reebok going out and Nike coming in, no inventory to buy out.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #72
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12640 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
This where I buy all my low crowns froms and they are legit.

http://www.minorleagues.com/LC9430908.html
Cool. Thanks!
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #73
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are the rest of the "concepts." I know they are fake, but if they even come anywhere close to this, it would truly look like a bunch of clowns on the field. Some of them are just...

Look at the Jags concept... It has hooker print on the sides of the jersey...

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #74
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't care for the Patiots concept

But I love the Bengals

Old 02-01-2012   #75
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I wanted to see Arena Football jerseys, I'd watch Arena Football.

Disgusting.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #76
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But I love the Bengals

Don't care much for the pants, but that helmet is sweet. Not a fan of these combat uniforms or whatever they're called though. Just a little too out there.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Old 02-02-2012   #78
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

The more I look at those two uniforms the more uglier it gets.
Old 02-02-2012   #79
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't care for the Patiots concept

But I love the Bengals

You didn't post it, but I like the Redskins one.
Old 02-02-2012   #80
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

I'm more stressed about how they are going to play versus how they look. I was extremely hopeful for this past season and injuries really effed us in the long run. I'm carefully optimistic about next season, as long as they don't come out playing naked, I'd be fine with whatever the team decided to wear.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read